Page 140 of 929 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Tips^Up View Post
    Let's make a deal. You boomers all put your homes up for sale, clean up the pollution of the past 70 years and eat a slice of avocado toast, and I'll get a shot to reduce my 0.00018% chance by 62%.

Today's news:
    COVID Vaccine Clinic At Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Put On Hold After 18 Patients Experience Adverse Side Effects
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/04/...-side-effects/

There have been some sincere responses from intelligent people, especially Summit. I appreciate the video and watched the entire thing. But the main argument to rush into this seem to be FUCK YOU JUST DO IT DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OR PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEVELOPING NEWS ON THIS NEW THING NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT.

We were scheduled for J&J today. Cancelled it. Kicked it around this afternoon and scheduled it for tomorrow. Thinking about cancelling again after the news out of Denver. No harm in waiting.
    Sorry but you don't get a pass by using the B word. Let me put it more bluntly--your calculations for whether you should get the vaccine or not involve only the risk to you. You don't show any concern for the community that you live in. You're certainly not the only American who feels this way which is why we're still #1 in the world for Covid, although Brazil is hot on our heels. The more people who get vaccinated and the sooner it happens the better the chances of controlling this pandemic. For most medical decisions it's reasonable to make the decision based solely on how it affects you and your family. A pandemic is an exception.

As far as paying attention to the news--that's fine if you actually pay attention, but your initial reason for canceling was the problems at Emergent, when there are no Emergent doses on the market. The Dick's thing seems to be a perfect example of overreaction to side effects which have been known about since the trials began. With maybe a little mass hysteria thrown in. Some people get nauseated and dizzy when you just show them a needle--I've seen it happen. It's called a vagal reaction, tends to happen most often to young men, and is unrelated to what is in the injection, but is caused by getting jabbed or thinking about getting jabbed. From the immediacy of the reaction that's what it sounds like, based on the limited information released to the press. Not anaphylaxis. Meanwhile 640 people who should have got shots were turned away and undoubtedly others will have to wait longer for their shots.

Meanwhile my county is about to go back on higher restrictions (not that it will make any difference) because of all the young people packing the bars and restaurants in defiance of the current restrictions, which is going to cause more economic hardship. So when it comes to generation blaming we can all play that stupid game.

That Paul Offit podcast interview that I posted upthread earlier today (not the optimistic one), spends a bit of time discussing the pros and cons of vaxing if you’re pregnant (he doesn’t see too many cons), and the benefits it may provide to the baby.

My county (same as old goat) just announced discovery of one of the LA variants. It was announced because the infected individual is the first documented re-infection in our county and county public health and the state wanted to know what version of the virus causes the re-infection.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Meanwhile my county is about to go back on higher restrictions (not that it will make any difference) because of all the young people packing the bars and restaurants in defiance of the current restrictions, which is going to cause more economic hardship. So when it comes to generation blaming we can all play that stupid game.
    Come on, they’re not all young people. I’ll probably grab some pie in town for dinner on Friday. I’ll take pictures of some of the stupid old farts at the bars and restaurants. I blame the owners and not the patrons. Stupid ass pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Shut the fuck up and get stuck. Both of you.

Selfish people like you are fucking it up for the rest of us who understand that there are things we are obligated to do in order to function as a society.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    That Paul Offit podcast interview that I posted upthread earlier today (not the optimistic one), spends a bit of time discussing the pros and cons of vaxing if you’re pregnant (he doesn’t see too many cons), and the benefits it may provide to the baby.

My county (same as old goat) just announced discovery of one of the LA variants. It was announced because the infected individual is the first documented re-infection in our county and county public health and the state wanted to know what version of the virus causes the re-infection.

Come on, they’re not all young people. I’ll probably grab some pie in town for dinner on Friday. I’ll take pictures of some of the stupid old farts at the bars and restaurants. I blame the owners and not the patrons. Stupid ass pieces of shit.
    I agree not all young people. Like I said, generation blaming is a stupid game. Entitlement comes in all ages.

New variants change the equation in that they are more transmissible and more deadly. So one's first episode w c19 may not be the same as the 2nd round. Also death is not the only negative outcome of the disease and long term damage has yet to be established.

The risk of vaccine side effects are so low and given the protection is not 100% it still means there is risk of transmitting the disease to those that have been vaccinated. Excepting Astra Zeneca where the jury is still out I firmly believe it's best for an individual, their loved ones, and society in general to take the vaccine asap.

Pfizer 2 check. Shot at 6p, fell asleep on the couch at 8p, woke up up at 3a and went bed and slept for another six hours. Arm is a little sore. I’ll take it.

Moderna #2 was Monday morning, Monday was fine. Tuesday was lethargic and felt hungover, back to normal Wed. Didn’t get the crazy dreams, got screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We were scheduled for J&J today. Cancelled it. Kicked it around this afternoon and scheduled it for tomorrow. Thinking about cancelling again after the news out of Denver. No harm in waiting.
    Maybe while you're trying to decide if getting vaxxed is right for you and your family you not schedule/cancel, schedule/cancel so others who are serious about wanting it can get an appt. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Moderna #2 was Monday morning, Monday was fine. Tuesday was lethargic and felt hungover, back to normal Wed. Didn’t get the crazy dreams, got screwed.
    You sure you didn't just hit a bar, got drunk and had a one night stand because I ain't heard of anyone else getting screwed along with their vax.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Maybe while you're trying to decide if getting vaxxed is right for you and your family you not schedule/cancel, schedule/cancel so others who are serious about wanting it can get an appt. Just a thought.

Amen. TipsUp went from being curious to being selfish in less than 3 pages. There was some great info in here from educated people that you scooted right by, man. More people likely have side effects from fucking Tylenol than the jab so a story about three hospitalizations doesnt prove anything except the bias you joined this discussion with.

Let's make a deal. You boomers all put your homes up for sale, clean up the pollution of the past 70 years and eat a slice of avocado toast, and I'll get a shot to reduce my 0.00018% chance by 62%.

Today's news:
    COVID Vaccine Clinic At Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Put On Hold After 18 Patients Experience Adverse Side Effects
    https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/04/...-side-effects/

There have been some sincere responses from intelligent people, especially Summit. I appreciate the video and watched the entire thing. But the main argument to rush into this seem to be FUCK YOU JUST DO IT DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING OR PAY ATTENTION TO THE DEVELOPING NEWS ON THIS NEW THING NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT.

All of your concerns seem to revolve around the J&J. Why not just sign up for Pfizer or Moderna then, at least for yourself? Longer track record, extremely positive data, very low risk due to how they work (search Mofro's excellent posts for lots of details). Then chat more with your doctor about the right course for your pregnant wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Amen. TipsUp went from being curious to being selfish in less than 3 pages. There was some great info in here from educated people that you scooted right by, man. More people likely have side effects from fucking Tylenol than the jab so a story about three hospitalizations doesnt prove anything except the bias you joined this discussion with.
    That's why I posted my experience and glad others are as well. The news posts bad stories which are really thousandths of a percent of those vaccinated. I mean really, I had a slightly sore shoulder for a couple hours each shot and got a really good night's sleep. Where's the news on that? "Local man gets shots, sleeps peacefully and wakes up refreshed".

I guess in a few years I might grow horns or something but that might be kind of cool.

Dubuque County is where Tips Up is from. Overwhelmingly white and Catholic. I think it lacks diversity. It voted for Trump despite the population being mostly from urban Dubuque. Drinking and driving is still socially acceptable. My stepson drove there to get a vaccine because you still couldn't find one here a week and a half ago but in Dubuqe they were a dime a dozen. It really is kind of a strange place. Very pretty.

Dude pushed my buttons parroting antivax nonsense after pretending to come here looking for answers. He isn't the first Dubuque County covid rodeo clown I've encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Pretty much!!!!

I guess the question is, are your chances of being f#$% by the vaccine greater than your chances of being f#$%%!!! by the virus?
    If it is a 1 in 22 chance to get infected (current USA total), with little to no symptoms, or a small chance of dying 1 in 1143 (mostly seniors), then ....
    it probably makes sense to get the jab (eventually, after the first set of guinea pigs gets it!).
    If you are planning on having children, or are pregnant, or smart, or educated, or in any other way public-relations-government-media-compromised, you may need to post a POLL on TGR to find your best options.
    Worldwide, 3 percent of people that get covid-19 die.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I guess in a few years I might grow horns or something but that might be kind of cool.
    I'd be 100% down with growing some sick horns.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Some people get nauseated and dizzy when you just show them a needle--I've seen it happen. It's called a vagal reaction, tends to happen most often to young men, and is unrelated to what is in the injection, but is caused by getting jabbed or thinking about getting jabbed. .
    I always like to calm the med pro with the big needle about to give me the shot by telling them " don't worry this won't hurt a bit "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    That's why I posted my experience and glad others are as well. The news posts bad stories which are really thousandths of a percent of those vaccinated. I mean really, I had a slightly sore shoulder for a couple hours each shot and got a really good night's sleep. Where's the news on that? "Local man gets shots, sleeps peacefully and wakes up refreshed".

You would totally rock horns.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Keep in mind thats only so far, also remember a few months ago when it was mostly old people getting covid & dying ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

California will pay you for missed work related to getting vaxed and dealing with side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    In a normal flu year <300 Washingtonians die of the Flu. To date, since this pandemic started, 5,357 Washingtonians have died from Covid.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iant-info.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...oportions.html

At this point, we aren't keeping anything out, it's already here. P.1 in 25 states (Br), B.1.351 in 36 (SA), B.1.1.7 (UK) now the dominant strain in the US, to go along with our home grown variants (B.1.427/ B.1.429, CA, B.1.525, B.1.526, NY).
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iant-info.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...oportions.html

At this point, we aren't keeping anything out, it's already here. P.1 in 25 states (Br), B.1.351 in 36 (SA), B.1.1.7 (UK) now the dominant strain in the US, to go along with our home grown variants (B.1.427/ B.1.429, CA, B.1.525, B.1.526, NY).
    I bet there’s going to be some really pissed anti-vaxers when they find they find out they could have got ‘Merika covid instead the foreign stuff that kills them.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Sure seems like he was just looking for validation of a stupid decision he'd already made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Kudos to the people running and staffing the Oregon Convention Center mass vaccination site. Orderly, clearly signed, lots of staff making sure people end up in the right lines and empty seats/stations were filled.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    looking for validation of a stupid decision he'd already made.
    Most of TGR summarized

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    In a normal flu year <300 Washingtonians die of the Flu. To date, since this pandemic started, 5,357 Washingtonians have died from Covid.
    Yeah but how many of them sealed their fate by having the exact same health conditions as most Americans or even more irresponsible, allowed themselves to age?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Most of TGR summarized
    Pick a vaccine and be a dick about it?