Page 1644 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 ... LastLast
Results 41,076 to 41,100 of 46044
    What’s Hotmail?

Anyway here’s something that annoys me: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ssibility.html

Gonna start a new thread, "Things That Infuriate You"
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yeah, this is just a quick vent thread IMO. Polyass is for the infuriating shit.

Maybe our real lawyers can weigh in. I learned in google law school that the idea of whether a federal district court ruling applies outside the district is a hot topic in legal circles. The SB 8 ruling only applied to Texas law. It was only after Dobbs that Roe v Wade was overturned for the whole country.

People who still use Hotmail annoy me.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

people who have a signature that says “Sent using TGR Forums mobile app” annoy me.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    people who have a signature that says “Sent using TGR Forums mobile app” annoy me.
    Finally I agree with Mikey

Fact

As usual I agree with mikey.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Finally I agree with Mikey

Fact
    yee haw

yee haw
    Fuckkk

That annoys me. I need a hug

The. Fuckin. Worst.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe our real lawyers can weigh in. I learned in google law school that the idea of whether a federal district court ruling applies outside the district is a hot topic in legal circles. The SB 8 ruling only applied to Texas law. It was only after Dobbs that Roe v Wade was overturned for the whole country.
    SB8 didn't really have anything to do with applying it outside the district.
    However, SB8 made it impossible to exercise a federal constitutional right (the right to an abortion before the line of viability in Texas where Federal law should override state law) and so the SC should have stayed SB8 (at minimum) while it decided the case, or while lower courts were deciding.

But the SC didn't stay the law. So, effectively they allowed a state to strip away constitutional rights (which it had recognized for, what 40-50 years?) while hiding behind the unusual nature of the law.

However the pending Texas decision on Mifepristone may well be a nation-wide ban, even in states where abortion is fully legal. (I suspect this is the issue you're bringing up, because it's getting discussion recently) The worry is that the SC will again allow rogue federal judges to skirt what were once solid principles - standing, forum-shopping, nationwide-injunctions, etc. (IMO, because it agrees with their Christian-Taliban civil proclivities.)

Thus the general principle of skirting the law, using the shadow-docket, and all manner of previously unacceptable ruses is the same, IMO, in both cases. But the legal details/issues are quite different.

That's my super condensed/abridged/mangled version that, I'm sure does great injustice to the legal issues involved. But I think it does summarize things reasonably well in two paras.

^^ are you a real lawyer
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    ^^ are you a real lawyer
    Nope. But I didn't see anyone who was taking a swing at it. (Answering legal questions on TGR won't help you make partner.) So I thought I'd address what seemed like relevant issues.

You use less legalese. I like it.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuckkk

That annoys me. I need a hug
    Name:  9NWFFtc.gif
Views: 387
Size:  386.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    However, SB8 made it impossible to exercise a federal constitutional right (the right to an abortion before the line of viability in Texas where Federal law should override state law) and so the SC should have stayed SB8 (at minimum) while it decided the case, or while lower courts were deciding.

But the SC didn't stay the law. So, effectively they allowed a state to strip away constitutional rights (which it had recognized for, what 40-50 years?) while hiding behind the unusual nature of the law.

However the pending Texas decision on Mifepristone may well be a nation-wide ban, even in states where abortion is fully legal. (I suspect this is the issue you're bringing up, because it's getting discussion recently) The worry is that the SC will again allow rogue federal judges to skirt what were once solid principles - standing, forum-shopping, nationwide-injunctions, etc. (IMO, because it agrees with their Christian-Taliban civil proclivities.)

Thus the general principle of skirting the law, using the shadow-docket, and all manner of previously unacceptable ruses is the same, IMO, in both cases. But the legal details/issues are quite different.

That's my super condensed/abridged/mangled version that, I'm sure does great injustice to the legal issues involved. But I think it does summarize things reasonably well in two paras.
    So given that the district court is a trial court, who decides if there is a jury, and if there is a jury what vote is required to find for the plaintiff and for the defense. Because it seems that if there is a jury it might be hard to find a jury that would overrule the FDA.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post

not judges, judge. They venue shop for a crank

Name:  9NWFFtc.gif
Views: 387
Size:  386.7 KB
    Thanks for the 6am laugh.
    That is hilariously creepy.

when a man needs a hug you give him a hug

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    People who still use Hotmail annoy me.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app
    I definitely judge people based on their email server of choice. Yahoo, Hotmail. AOL.. seriously people?!? It's 2023..

/Sent from mobile without auto signature

I remember getting an invite from a friend for gmail in 2000 and thinking it was pretty cool that I could move around and keep the same email even if I changed internet providers

I’ve got a few friends still using hotmail and it still works for them

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I definitely judge people based on their email server of choice. Yahoo, Hotmail. AOL.. seriously people?!? It's 2023..

How do you feel about prodigy?
    (Based on our experience with prodigy/yahoo---I'm nervous about corresponding with anyone who still uses. I'm certain to be told they've been arrested in some foreign country and need me to send money.)

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

I’ve got an aol address. I’ve never found a compelling reason to go through the hassle of changing my email address.
    Judge away.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

How about the 40+ yo's that still use their alma mater email address
    I notice it particularly with the Harvard people, go figs
    skid luxury