Page 248 of 384 FirstFirst ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 9593
    Any recommendations on ceiling fans? Ours shit the bed and the wife isn't looking at anything under $699. Ugh, I know there's cheaper ones out there. We don't even need lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Any recommendations on ceiling fans? Ours shit the bed and the wife isn't looking at anything under $699. Ugh, I know there's cheaper ones out there. We don't even need lights.
    It all depends. If you live in a run of the mill subdivision house a home depot $99-299 is in order but if you live in a one off multi-million dollar mid century modern you better get something to fit the house and send $2000. However a wife is involved in the process so logic be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    It all depends. If you live in a run of the mill subdivision house a home depot $99-299 is in order but if you live in a one off multi-million dollar mid century modern you better get something to fit the house and send $2000. However a wife is involved in the process so logic be damned.
    The house is a small log cabin in the mountains. Looking at Kichler and Minka brands I guess. I've had her trying to make this decision for weeks now.

I'm not a shopping expert on what's a good fan deal or not but I've found Wayfair has affordable, "stylish enough" options - including fans - when I filled my office with assorted crap.

Here's "Modern Fans for under $500, Alex."

https://www.wayfair.com/filters/keyw..._range~%2A~500

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bosch or Miele

Nothing else for me.
    Friend has had a Bosch dishwasher on order since August, expect it next month. Worst thing is his brother is the store Mgr at the appliance store he bought it from.

I started with 2 of these in the dining room about 6-7 years ago and over the years have put them up elsewhere in the house as they look good and have a great dimming light in them. Cost was less than $150 at Home Depot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220118_084124_001 (002).jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	752.5 KB 
ID:	401733
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

If it's in the sleeping area it had better be dead quiet, at least for me. We have a hideous Hunter fan in our bedroom that the wife wants replaced but the damn thing is silent when it's running and no way am I replacing it and crossing my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bosch or Miele

Nothing else for me.
    I use to roll with Euro DW'ers then a whole fleet of them died on me, an expensive death in the last 7-8 years as well as my sister. 6 dw'ers among 3 houses all died after about 10 years. keep in mind I'm pretty handy and will tackle just about anything including repairing relays on motherboards but I threw in the towel on all of them after multiple attempts. I think ALL home appliances are designed and manufactured to fade quickly these days regardless of brand. My neighbor's F&P range is about 15 years old and they don't make motherboards for them anymore and tough to find since Samsung bought them out.

The fans I posted are very quiet on high except for a gentle whoosh of air. I use to have Hunter fans and I like these better as they are very sleek and the light in them is great.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Friend has had a Bosch dishwasher on order since August, expect it next month. Worst thing is his brother is the store Mgr at the appliance store he bought it from.
    It was 9 months for a Miele.

August is the quote for a Bosch so picked up a used one for $30

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    LOL wifey and I had been together 12 years and lived in five places before we had a dishwasher. It still took another couple years and two more places before we had our own clothes washer and dryer.
    I owned three dryers and two washers, all bought used for $100 or less, before I lived anywhere with a functional dishwasher. Before kids, I never found the dishwasher too critical, but with them in the equation having one is a godsend.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I started with 2 of these in the dining room about 6-7 years ago and over the years have put them up elsewhere in the house as they look good and have a great dimming light in them. Cost was less than $150 at Home Depot.

Name:	20220118_084124_001 (002).jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	752.5 KB 
ID:	401733
    1. Brand?
    2. Why does it look like it’s not done being installed?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    1. Brand?
    2. Why does it look like it’s not done being installed?
    1) looking at the remote I see: Trade Name S.Q.M. Co. Ltd, Model DL-4112 Item # LB-001
    2) Because I installed it but what you see is the antenna wire for the remote and a fan blade weight I shoved under the trim piece so it was even by the ceiling.

Ceiling fans are self leveling.
    Shouldn’t need a shim.
    . . .

Can anyone school me on infrared heaters for my patio? Are a couple of the plug in kind sufficient for <400sf, or do you really need to go with the 240v big boy commercial heaters if you want a comfortable patio in 40degree weather?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Can anyone school me on infrared heaters for my patio? Are a couple of the plug in kind sufficient for <400sf, or do you really need to go with the 240v big boy commercial heaters if you want a comfortable patio in 40degree weather?
    Yeah, likely 220-240v
    Look at Bromic
    https://www.bromic.com/product/plati...heat-electric/
    Check out the Heat Blooms section to see the effective areas

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Yeah, likely 220-240v
    Look at Bromic
    https://www.bromic.com/product/plati...heat-electric/
    Check out the Heat Blooms section to see the effective areas
    Oof. That 240v outlet could be more than the heaters. May need to reevaluate.

Did you really think heating the outside was gonna be an efficient on inexpensive proposition? Propane or natural gas may be less expensive upfront but you can't run away from the physics.

Why do you want infrared?

Just get a $150 propane patio heater from Costco.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Oof. That 240v outlet could be more than the heaters. May need to reevaluate.
    there are 120v units out there, but you're going to get a better product (fewer units for the area too) with a properly powered one

and the "heat blooms" section is under specs

Bromic's cheaper unit is the Tungsten line (fully exposed & requiring 12" separation from non-combustible wall/clg)
    https://www.bromic.com/product/tungs...heat-electric/

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	719.8 KB 
ID:	405080

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Why do you want infrared?

Just get a $150 propane patio heater from Costco.

I hear infrared heats better/more efficiently outdoors.

If running 240 power out their costs as much as I think it will, a few propane heaters might have to be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Did you really think heating the outside was gonna be an efficient on inexpensive proposition? Propane or natural gas may be less expensive upfront but you can't run away from the physics.
    I was hoping to get away with <$3k. Still a possibility (I think) depending on cost to run power.

Do the math on what burning 6000w does to your power bill…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Do the math on what burning 6000w does to your power bill…

Like 24/7 or what?

A 6 kW load costs $0.42/hr where I live. That’s about $10 for 24 hours of continuous use.

So like if we’re talking about two of those heaters being roughly a 6 kW load, I assume they wouldn’t be on all the time, just when you’re partying on the porch. Like 3 or 4 hours each use or something? And not every day? It’s not that much of an expense, really. Half a bottle of booze. It’s kind of slapping the environment in the dick, but in comparison to industry, or social media server farms, or maintenance of the blockchain, our emissions are nearly nonexistent. I’d say if it makes you happy, go for it. If you feel guilty about the waste, cancel a drive every once in a while or something.