Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    The LD102 seems like a really interesting ski.
    +1

Very!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Thinking of going with some V-Werks Katanas.
    Comor sports in Canada has a good price

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Just got a pair

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Just got a pair

$985 Canadian shipped to US? Hoping to find some for a little less.

$985 Canadian shipped to US? Hoping to find some for a little less.
    I looked everywhere even Europe and i couldn't find any for less
    Still under 700 usd

I looked everywhere even Europe and i couldn't find any for less
    Still under 700 usd

Fair point. Any idea what they weigh. Seems to be some conflicting info out there.

Fair point. Any idea what they weigh. Seems to be some conflicting info out there.
    184 weight 1.8kg

Best skis I've ever had.

The only thing i don't like about them is skinning steep stuff when frozen.

184 weight 1.8kg

Best skis I've ever had.

The only thing i don't like about them is skinning steep stuff when frozen.

Thanks dude, might just pull the trigger.

V werks Katana is a very capable ski. I love mine. never feels out of place.

Joined the V-Werks club. Found a new pair on eBay.

Joined the V-Werks club. Found a new pair on eBay.
    Drop a review.
    Lots of non mag reviews out there.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

For reference. 184cm V-Werks Katana, 1913 and 1930g for each ski. So more than as advertised but there’s a few manufacturers gaming this.

I also got 2 pair of VW Katana 184, 2016 and 2017, and their weight is approx 1950g per ski for both pairs.

What’s advertised weight? That’s not light at all

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    What’s advertised weight? That’s not light at all
    Actually I got 2017 and 2018.
    Spec weight is 1880 for a 184.

I prefer that it’s not too light, good for a 50/50 ski.

If you want lighter there’s the BMT 109.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post
    Actually I got 2017 and 2018.
    Spec weight is 1880 for a 184.

I prefer that it’s not too light, good for a 50/50 ski.

If you want lighter there’s the BMT 109.
    Guess it is 1880. Some other info I had seen was at 1840 which was closer to what I was hoping for.

My first gen (black) 191s are 1963g/1969g, fun soft snow ski.

So it's been a year. I was back at Roger's Pass, and the conditions were similar to those I had last year when I said fuck it, I'm going fat. This was after the end of January rain then freeze that covered everything with a crust. High winds during the rain also triggered a lot of big avalanches. The next few days every night got about a foot of snow. As soon as there was a foot of snow down the spoons were skiing like it bottomless powder. Others were complaining about the crust, I never felt it. They just surfed over big avy boulders and old tracks. Super confidence inspiring, never had had a hint of getting stuck. They also go good in shitty conditions. I had them everywhere from low tide to spring. I can put a lot more energy on turns and control without having to worry about forward/back balance.

These skis instantly taught me to ski on my heels. They spanked me if I went backseat, and ball of feet was unrewarding. Sinking my heels in and pushing my shins made these skis handle very easily. This also got rid of heel lift in my super small volume foot. Dunno if shifting the weight to the heels while keeping forward pressure on the shins is right, but it works damn well. It also works on the voile's to keep them from tip diving. Is this legit or it's till considered backseat?

Overall I love them but sometimes they too much of a plank. For example the hard packed ski out trails are not that much fun. With the voiles I used to jib all over. I been thinking to maybe dial it back to some BMT 109s for even more versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I want a ski that I can trust to drive from a forward position without worrying about tip dive when I drop in a couloir, and deal with the breakable crust that comes along the way. It will be a dedicated touring ski with long days so weight matt?
    I can lean forward like an idiot to try to bury the tips on my hybrid lotus120 and they just never do

60 cm's of early rise and they are red
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

been thinking to maybe dial it back to some BMT 109s for even more versatility.
    I find that a properly detuned pair of BMT 109s pair nicely with the L-120.

So it's been a year. I was back at Roger's Pass, and the conditions were similar to those I had last year when I said fuck it, I'm going fat. This was after the end of January rain then freeze that covered everything with a crust. High winds during the rain also triggered a lot of big avalanches. The next few days every night got about a foot of snow. As soon as there was a foot of snow down the spoons were skiing like it bottomless powder. Others were complaining about the crust, I never felt it. They just surfed over big avy boulders and old tracks. Super confidence inspiring, never had had a hint of getting stuck. They also go good in shitty conditions. I had them everywhere from low tide to spring. I can put a lot more energy on turns and control without having to worry about forward/back balance.

These skis instantly taught me to ski on my heels. They spanked me if I went backseat, and ball of feet was unrewarding. Sinking my heels in and pushing my shins made these skis handle very easily. This also got rid of heel lift in my super small volume foot. Dunno if shifting the weight to the heels while keeping forward pressure on the shins is right, but it works damn well. It also works on the voile's to keep them from tip diving. Is this legit or it's till considered backseat?

Overall I love them but sometimes they too much of a plank. For example the hard packed ski out trails are not that much fun. With the voiles I used to jib all over. I been thinking to maybe dial it back to some BMT 109s for even more versatility.
    Weight under the arch is the right place, you don't want weightt on the balls off your foot.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    I find that a properly detuned pair of BMT 109s pair nicely with the L-120.
    Both? Don't they overlap? At what point does the BMT 109 need the lotus 120?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I can lean forward like an idiot to try to bury the tips on my hybrid lotus120 and they just never do

60 cm's of early rise and they are red
    These pink ones don't to dive either no matter what, but it just doesn't feel right to drive them from a forward stance.

Well I've got both the BMT 109 and the BMT 122. Don't 'need' the 122s but they certainly are fun on deep days.

I suppose you could just roll with the 109's, however, when it's really deep, the L-120 really shines and is in a class all it's own.
    If it's not already apparent, I don't believe in 1 (or even 2) ski quivers.

Nobody “needs” super-fats, but they are fun on occasion. When I worked as a cat-skiing guide, skiing at least boot-deep powder 100% of time, I preferred my Wailer 112s on most days, but in the deepest and steepest conditions (perhaps only a handful of days per year) my Lotus 138s were mind blowing. It’s not about tip dive (Wailers don’t dive), just that in super deep conditions the Lotus maintained speed and manoeuvrability, rather than trenching. I currently keep a pair of Volkl Kuros (132mm waist) in my quiver, but haven’t had an inbounds day deep enough to take them out this year. Touring on anything wider than 110ish isn’t worth the extra effort to me.