Page 17 of 148 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Went for the jackass day because my girlfriend likes silver. Tons of people who doesn’t belong on ski hill...

Snow was icy just as expected but held edge and she had a good time. Left around 1pm.

She took her kids to mt Spokane for their first ski lesson on Saturday. She said it was busy but sounds like her kids had a good time skiing for the first time.

I can’t wait for the school and snow to restart next week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rolling to Silver today for the epic 3"'s. I'm totally wearing my helmet today!

Variable is the word of the day

The gapers showed up. Got tired of having to speed check every so often. Couldn't keep hauling ballz on groomerz so bailed. Off piste was, variable, borderline shitty, difficult to keep speed up due to big ice blocks and sheer sheet ice.

Foggy basin to the north skied better than expected. Brown streaks down low by Stella, buy most runs were flatter than they've been lately and seemed well positioned for a little refill. Which started to get serious in the afternoon. Hope this week gets us back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Rolling to Silver today for the epic 3"'s. I'm totally wearing my helmet today!
    😂 I also went up yesterday for some solo runs about 12:30. Snow was definitely icy at the top of most runs but a few soft spot could be found. I still had a ton of fun hitting some nice quick turns down the moguls and getting so decent carves down the ridge.
    I basically just lapped chair 2 until they shut it down

Make money. Buy toys.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Foggy basin to the north skied better than expected. Brown streaks down low by Stella, buy most runs were flatter than they've been lately and seemed well positioned for a little refill. Which started to get serious in the afternoon. Hope this week gets us back on track.
    6" overnight to start the week. It's supposed to get a little more serious later in the week. Current from NOAA (fingers crossed):

Today: A chance of snow before 11am, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 28. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow. High near 31. Southwest wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Southwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Wednesday: Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Southwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 30. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow likely. The snow could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog325 View Post
    I also went up yesterday for some solo runs about 12:30. Snow was definitely icy at the top of most runs but a few soft spot could be found. I still had a ton of fun hitting some nice quick turns down the moguls and getting so decent carves down the ridge.
    I basically just lapped chair 2 until they shut it down

Make money. Buy toys.
    We must have went by each other on the tram. The gaper hoards showed up causing me to slow down more than I wanted on the groomerz so I bailed. They were fast, grippy and fairly soft. Was fun while it lasted.

The forecast does looks tasty, GM! Hopefully it doesn't get to warm on Thursday. Silver may end up with the dreaded R word. Here's to cold enough temps.

^^ Yeah, like I said, fingers crossed....

Today was very good with a very lite crowd, hopefully the temps don't rise.

I bet it was. They are forecast decent. Crossing all appendages. I'll be up Friday-sun.

Props to whoever climbed out of the white Toyota SUV from BC all rigged for camping, hope they found NF.

that was my fav canuck 'troller Alec, I rode with tue, sent him over from 49 to talk your ears off.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Oh boy is it looking gooooood. Can't wait to hit the slopes tomorrow. Skipping class to go skiing is always worth it

Make money. Buy toys.

I'll be up as well.

Glad I was there early Chr 2 opened at 8:50 and that first NFG run was sweet but the snow changed to Mank pretty quick, good thing 2funky wasn't late.

The first seven runs were amazingly fun, then it was time to hunt and peck. Still found lots of fresh stashes but the groomers back sucked with 130 underfoot. Last run of the day was off the backside of Wardner, it did not dissapoint.

Went to Schweitzer today. Stayed pretty good all day long. First time having a local showed me around the mountain on a pow day. It was a legit pow skating day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    that was my fav canuck 'troller Alec, I rode with tue, sent him over from 49 to talk your ears off.
    He picked a great day for Silver.

Silver was awesome yesterday. Got some of the first chairs and Lots of powder. Hit the trees on the ridge of wardner and it was definitely epic. Even the North Face Glades were pretty sweet although it had been skied pretty hard

Make money. Buy toys.

Today was rad. That is all.

new snow is filling in the trees and glades nicely at 49N.
    this AM was silky-smooth and fast!
    the chopped pow stayed light all day,
    the Brockens were fabulous!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

How is the storm slab stability today? Is it improving, getting to double digit numbers on CTE's at least? I don't think Idaho panhandle will release a new report before tomorrow, and I don't want to drive 2 hours to lookout area only to find very sketchy snow...

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    How is the storm slab stability today? Is it improving, getting to double digit numbers on CTE's at least? I don't think Idaho panhandle will release a new report before tomorrow, and I don't want to drive 2 hours to lookout area only to find very sketchy snow...
    Toured north of Wallace yesterday. Raining at 3800’ where we started climbing, turning to wet snow by 4500’. Dug a pit at 5800’ on a SE aspect before topping out at 6600’. Lots of easy results on CT (storm slab from the previous 24-48hrs) but nothing propagated on the ECT. There is soooo much weight sitting on that thanksgiving crust and various buried SH layers that we kept it real mellow. Snow quality wasn’t worth driving 2 hours IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Toured north of Wallace yesterday. Raining at 3800’ where we started climbing, turning to wet snow by 4500’. Dug a pit at 5800’ on a SE aspect before topping out at 6600’. Lots of easy results on CT (storm slab from the previous 24-48hrs) but nothing propagated on the ECT. There is soooo much weight sitting on that thanksgiving crust and various buried SH layers that we kept it real mellow. Snow quality wasn’t worth driving 2 hours IMO.
    Burke? that's a fun and easy access place to ride. I was thinking off using lookout lifts to get me to above 5000' tomorrow, and probably riding something that's not your normal SE facing/steep regis line.