Page 2 of 183 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Ullr was pleased with this year's shenanigans. Get out there and git some.

Killington opens today and Saddleback is having a press conference this Thursday. Rumor is, they plan to announce their newly formed COOP. The six million dollar question is if they have raised six million dollars. Lift served may have to wait one more year, but seeing how my friend there just bought a snowmobile...

PTT in the spirit of the new season:

Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Wonder how Left Gully is looking today, and how it will look after the Friday storm.

Been wondering the same. Winds have been in the right direction

29` super windy last 16hrs with a few flakes falling bob.
    Top to bottom snow here looks to last through the week. I don't remember an October snowfall lasting so long. Sure seems odd going from 72` night riding to cold and snow in 5 days.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Sure seems odd going from 72` night riding to cold and snow in 5 days.
    Meh... I dated a woman once who could do that in 5 seconds.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Meh... I dated a woman once who could do that in 5 seconds.
    Just one?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    This is one of the best pictures I have ever seen. Like, seriously.
    Thanks B-man. I almost missed it. I messed around trying to get a shot of the classic view of the barn, church, cows, and mountains view. But the Presidential Range was still mostly obscured by clouds.

Peacham at Sunset by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

So I picked up my tripod with camera and big lens still attached and actually sprinted to the far end of the slushy snow covered field (about 200 yards) just in time to catch the scene with the last moments of alpine-glow on the Franconia range. It is a good thing I had my tripod since there is no way I could have held the camera still after that run to get a crisp shot. Maybe I've inadvertently started a way to train for biathlon ?

Flurries around here this morning. Feels more like late November. Sounds like K-ton is making the most of this weather to get ready for the World Cup race that will be here in less than a month.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Thanks B-man. I almost missed it. I messed around trying to get a shot of the classic view of the barn, church, cows, and mountains view. But the Presidential Range was still mostly obscured by clouds.

Peacham at Sunset by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

So I picked up my tripod with camera and big lens still attached and actually sprinted to the far end of the slushy snow covered field (about 200 yards) just in time to catch the scene with the last moments of alpine-glow on the Franconia range. It is a good thing I had my tripod since there is no way I could have held the camera still after that run to get a crisp shot. Maybe I've inadvertently started a way to train for biathlon ?

Flurries around here this morning. Feels more like late November. Sounds like K-ton is making the most of this weather to get ready for the World Cup race that will be here in less than a month.
    That story makes it all the better. Shared the pic on the dreaded Facebook and somehow didn't realize I was looking at Lafayette et al and not the Prezzies. DOH! Sometimes me not so smaht.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Been wondering the same. Winds have been in the right direction
    I know right? By looking at the radar and some other shit, it's been snowing there for about 18 hours now and it looks like a solid 0.7" of liquid equivalent has come down, that should equate to ~7" at these temps. Anyone been up there that can verify?

Then...a little more tonight, and it looks like it could really kick into gear Thursday night though Saturday.

Webcam is not helpful...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	190990
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

This could be our year.
    I have high expectations over this coming winter!!

Stoked! Can't wait for the lifts to turn. Looking to skin this weekend at the home mountain - could be a few more inches by then!

I have my tickets for TGR's offering this year - anyone else going to the BTV show?

I just booked mine.
    New York, anyone?

MRG Live Webcam:

Maybe add this link to page 1?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Stoked! Can't wait for the lifts to turn. Looking to skin this weekend at the home mountain - could be a few more inches by then!

I have my tickets for TGR's offering this year - anyone else going to the BTV show?
    I haven't grabbed tiks yet but probably will end up going, what night do you have ?

Edit: Now that I look at the promo I am guessing you will be there Friday based on the beers being included in the tik $.

Hitting Killington thurs. with buckethead if anyone is around. Could be interesting if snow comes

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Sounds like K-ton is making the most of this weather to get ready for the World Cup race that will be here in less than a month.
    Race course sure looked pretty today (as viewed from Pico summit):

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Tight Loose showing in MTL.

fb event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/697462397070262/?ti=icl

Screen shot of the deets:

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1477436888.954441.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	191017
    27° 18°

If you live in the Southern Maine Area, we have some cool stuff going on and I wanted to give everyone a heads up:

Black Diamond Tour Stop Wednesday November 2nd @ Allspeed
    https://www.facebook.com/events/179798325762970/
    Join us for a night of food, drink, and story telling from Black Diamond Athlete Tobin Seagel. Black Diamond will be raffling off some GREAT prizes! Yes, there will be free beer for this.

TGR'S Tight Loose November 3rd @ The State Theater Portland Maine
    We're sponsoring this again, should be a good event as it always is. We're selling tickets at our shop with no fees as long as you pay with cash or check (everywhere else you will pay a ticketmaster fee).

Allspeed Ski Swap Saturday November 5th @ 10AM sharp
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1724203091173784/
    Our ski swap is a great way to buy and sell used gear. We always end up with a ton of backcountry gear that is generally in good shape and priced well. If you want to sell gear bring it to us any time before the end of the day Friday November 6th. More details in the FB event.

Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Fest Wednesday December 7th @ Allspeed
    https://www.facebook.com/events/581738528682831/
    We're partnering with Granite Backcountry Alliance to bring you Winter Wildlands Alliance's Backcountry Film Festival. The WWA Backcountry Film Festival focuses on several human powered backcountry ski and snowboard focused short films. We'll have prize give aways from event sponsors and we will provide refreshments and good times all around.

The only thing that cost money is the TGR event, everything else is free to attend (although we may hit you up for a suggested donation).

For those going to Killington, this might help.

http://www.killington.com/site/2for1/2for1-ski-16-17

Just want to give props again to Allspeed in Portland. They continue to expand and carry a very thoughtful line of gear for the backcountry skier. The open houses have been great with food, movies, beer and some very talented folks. Andrew McLean came for Black Diamond last year.

Check them out: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=87391.0

Not connected in any way other than stoked to have such a good shop in my town. 4 years ago when I bought boots and bindings I went through T-P, this past Spring I was able to buy at my local shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Webcam is not helpful...

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	190990

I don't know, those look like pretty good lines.

https://www.mountwashington.org/uplo...p3/morning.mp3

Hmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Just want to give props again to Allspeed in Portland. They continue to expand and carry a very thoughtful line of gear for the backcountry skier. The open houses have been great with food, movies, beer and some very talented folks. Andrew McLean came for Black Diamond last year.

Check them out: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=87391.0

Not connected in any way other than stoked to have such a good shop in my town. 4 years ago when I bought boots and bindings I went through T-P, this past Spring I was able to buy at my local shop.
    Thanks dude, we do what we can! Hope to see you soon!

(not sure what the we have to do with the Celtics, but we're fans so what the heck!)

Looks like something to do with Magic on the front cover of the upcoming Winter issue of Vermont Life.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...06&oe=588DFB9C