Page 1607 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 ... LastLast
Results 40,151 to 40,175 of 46225
    I went to put up the Christmas lights on our house today and every single string was dead. They were all working when they got put away in January. WTF. Checked them all on different outlets too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I get arguments every single day, but most just deal with it and don’t act shitty about it. This was just one of those aggro assholes. And now he gets to find another place for his test.

The dildo of karmic consequences rarely comes lubed.
    And if it does, there's usually sand stuck to it.

Why is the lid to the caper jar so narrow? How do I get capers out without pouring out the brine?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Why is the lid to the caper jar so narrow? How do I get capers out without pouring out the brine?

Fork--if necessary use an oyster fork, or whatever they call the little fork I eat oysters with.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fork--if necessary use an oyster fork, or whatever they call the little fork I eat oysters with.
    Oyster forks: high brow as fuck.

It annoys me that we don't have any such forks at the house cause Ms Boissal is so vegetarian the mere thought of oysters makes her mad.
    I have to use my espresso spoons to fish out the capers without draining the juices. Like some kind of peasant.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    <snip> Ms Boissal is so vegetarian the mere thought of oysters makes her mad.
    That is *pretty* damned vegetarian.

Mrs. Boissal must bring a lot to the table then, if you're willing to overlook the militant vegetarian thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

I share your annoyance re the caper jar.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That's pretty slick, I might grab one but I just pour the brine off into a measuring cup with a fork or whatever over the jar mouth so the capers don't pour out with it, then dump out out however many capers I need, then pour the brine back into the jar. takes pretty much no time but you have a dirty fork and measuring cup after. Quick rinse and all good.

while that would be useful to have given the caper jar, it annoys me that I need a special caper spoon.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

the barrage of "Colorado Gives" emails is annoying AF. Luckily they will stop soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Oyster forks: high brow as fuck.

It annoys me that we don't have any such forks at the house cause Ms Boissal is so vegetarian the mere thought of oysters makes her mad.
    I have to use my espresso spoons to fish out the capers without draining the juices. Like some kind of peasant.
    Oyster forks are high brow? What about espresso spoons?
    I admit though that the manly way to eat an oyster is to slurp it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Mrs. Boissal must bring a lot to the table then, if you're willing to overlook the militant vegetarian thing.
    She's actually very low key about it, she doesn't care what I eat as long as I don't use the same knife to chop her veggies after cutting raw meat. Which may have happened early in our relationship and resulted in a major dressing down...
    She will occasionally cook meat for group dinners, especially camping. She won't touch it though, something I find really weird considering she spends hours cutting through and digging around people's innards for work. Apparently slicing into human flesh is perfectly fine but cutting a steak in half is over the top. There are a few things that really get her riled up though, so far we've identified oysters (probably cause they're alive and fairly gross looking), raw meat (the very concept of tartare steak makes her queasy), foie gras (cause force feeding isn't great), and all manners of pâtés which she claim look like cat food. Surprisingly she doesn't mind when I shove huge pieces of sashimi down my gullet. She's probably stab me if she saw me eat live octopus (which I doubt I could handle anyway).

I feel bad for her when we're in France, so many rad meat-based stuff to try that she's missing out on. More for me I guess, but it annoys me that I can't share the experience, food is such a big part of the identity over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oyster forks are high brow? What about espresso spoons?

My great grandma, who was very high brow, had about 7 types of forks in her drawers. You'd get smacked if you reached for the dinner fork when eating the salad. I may have PTSD over silverware variety and will only suffer 2 types of forks and spoons: big ones and little ones (little ones for espresso, capers, etc... )
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    while that would be useful to have given the caper jar, it annoys me that I need a special caper spoon.
    Some caper manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves. Others have figured it out:

Name:  capers1.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  38.6 KB

Can't you just dump your jar of capers into a dedicated small tupperware when you get home from the store, or is that too rational?

Love me some steak tartare and some påté.

If capers annoy you, they also sell a pickle picker

https://www.kitchenniche.ca/fox-run-...er-p-7407.html

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'd wager a 1/8 teaspoon would do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I'd wager a 1/8 teaspoon would do the job.
    You could even drill some holes in it for diy points.

Maybe weld on a longer handle while you're at it.

Fire up the 3d printer to address this caper situation.

The caper caper.

I was at the post office today mailing a Gear Swap item to Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada

I fill out the Customs Declaration form while I’m waiting in line and hand it and my item to the guy at the desk

he says “it’s overseas shipping day”

he’s completely baffled when I try to explain to him that Canada is not actually “overseas”

he doesn’t seem to understand that Canada is on the same continent as the US, like Mexico - then he tells me that Mexico is in South America and Canada is in North America and the US is in America

I almost started crying
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Damn I guess geography isn't part of the post office test