Page 66 of 241 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 6010
    Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    ...I'm thinking about getting the deathwish tour, but I read blisters review and they suggested not getting that ski as a 50/50....

I'm a bit scared of super heavy gear since I'm not the best at cardio, and am a bit lighter at 5'9, 155.
    I think you’d be pretty stoked on the DWT with shifts. I absolutely LOVE mine and not just in the BC. I also have the DW Heavy and the Wildcat 190 for inbounds pow days. Yet this year I found myself reaching for the DWT on most days, inbounds, short side/country hits, and obviously for touring. It’s just a super fun, versatile ski. I’m 5’10” 185 lbs and I love the low swing weight and overall light feel. On deep pow/crud days nothing beats the Bobby/Wildcat, but on any other days the DWT slays. In fact, I’ve only had the DW heavy’s out twice this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have the regular DW with shifts. I believe that is the most versatile 1 ski quiver for the stuff I ski. The DW is the only ski I have ever bought twice. I love the setup so much I just bought a pair of ghost trains with shifts. I would much rather tour with a regular core than ski in bounds bumps and crud in a tour core.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Hey Cy,

What is your impression of the shift? Would you rather go CAST? Or the new duke?
    Shift's great for what it is. I have no qualms about skiing it hard inbounds, haven't had the pre-release issues others have had at all. I do miss having a high riser more than Salomon says I should. But I have like 0 ankle flexion, so I'm often in my high risers when partners are in their middle ones.

The more I am skiing a setup inbounds, the more inclined to go CAST I would be. There's nothing on the market that offers such a safe, bomber inbounds ride.

Who knows on the duke? Haven't gotten a chance to fondle one. But I will say I see no real ways that it's better than the tried and true CAST system. So I feel like it's cool if you have a Marker pro deal, but I just really don't care about that binding yet haha. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Regardless, I'd love a CAST or Shift on a regular DW.

I really think you're stunting an awesome touring ski by putting them on a DWT, but everyone's uses vary.

My 190cm 2019 deathwishes weigh 2004g and 2010g with 8 inserts. I think at that weight they are just light enough to be a reasonable short lap touring ski while skiing plenty hard for me inbounds. I know for 2020 they stiffened them up and they advertise the weight as being 2065g a ski. For how big they are and how well they ski this is still pretty light. I feel like "50/50" skis for most people really end up being used 85% inbounds, so I totally agree that the regular core is going to be the ticket on a 50/50 setup.

I have this years PB&J and haven’t been digging them as much as expected. I decided to check the base flatness with a true bar and discovered why, edge high though the cambered sections, and base high through the rocker. Going to get them tuned once the local shop reopens and try again.

Wanted to thank everyone in the thread for guiding me towards my second pair of moments, and first dip into touring. Talked to Jake on the phone today and he got me set up with the last pair of shift's and a pair of 184 DWs. I'm sure if I like touring I'll be in for some 108 tour cats or DWT and tech bindings some day. Super happy to support a company that talks to you on the phone and answers your questions honestly.

Now I just need to figure out my boot situation when it's safe to see a fitter next season. Anybody with Panterra 120's have recommendations for a good skiing tour boot?

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Wanted to thank everyone in the thread for guiding me towards my second pair of moments, and first dip into touring. Talked to Jake on the phone today and he got me set up with the last pair of shift's and a pair of 184 DWs. I'm sure if I like touring I'll be in for some 108 tour cats or DWT and tech bindings some day. Super happy to support a company that talks to you on the phone and answers your questions honestly.

Now I just need to figure out my boot situation when it's safe to see a fitter next season. Anybody with Panterra 120's have recommendations for a good skiing tour boot?
    Been super happy with my Lupo Factory's. They ski super well and go uphill decently - especially with the tongue removed - but are not a pure touring boot and not as light as others out there. If Dalbello lasts fit you I'd start with the Lupo (pick your poison) and branch out from there.

Anyone with time on both WCT 108 and WCT? Looks like about 0.5 lb weight penalty per ski for the bigger version. Have Yetis which I really like for spring missions, but leave something to be desired in deeper snow.

How is the WCT on the skin track? 118 underfoot is a lot of ski, is it squirrely or cumbersome on kick turns?

I have not skied the 108 (couple friends own it) but I’ve been on both versions of the 118 and can infer a few things and give general thoughts from what they’ve said.

If you are looking for a powder soft snow setup and are going to keep your praxis, I would got 118. It’s still a versatile setup and won’t leave you wanting more on deep days.

The argument for the 108 is as a do-it-all (or most of it) touring setup that’s efficient but still floats well. Weight difference on the 118 isn’t big, but it clearly wouldn’t do as well in firm snow. As a single ski setup, it’s a toss up. As a two ski quiver, the 118 starts to get the nod.

As for kick turns, the 118 should be fine. Length matters more for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    Anyone with time on both WCT 108 and WCT? Looks like about 0.5 lb weight penalty per ski for the bigger version. Have Yetis which I really like for spring missions, but leave something to be desired in deeper snow.

How is the WCT on the skin track? 118 underfoot is a lot of ski, is it squirrely or cumbersome on kick turns?
    I've had a few days now on a pair of 184 Wildcat Tours. Only pow skiing, but no issues at all on the skin track. Pomoca climb pro S glide skins. I followed a steep (too damn steep) skin track the other day without any problems.

The width would suck on any firm sidehilling, but that would be the case with any ski this fat.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    I've had a few days now on a pair of 184 Wildcat Tours. Only pow skiing, but no issues at all on the skin track. Pomoca climb pro S glide skins. I followed a steep (too damn steep) skin track the other day without any problems.

The width would suck on any firm sidehilling, but that would be the case with any ski this fat.
    How do the Pomoca clips do on the Moment noses?

Quote Originally Posted by lazyasian View Post
    How do the Pomoca clips do on the Moment noses?
    No issues at all with the wide tip loop

It’s awesome.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    No issues at all with the wide tip loop

Thanks, good to know!

Sorry, wrong thread

Not sure I get enough pow touring days to justify the full blown WC. I may call the factory and try to arrange a WC 108 demo. Is there such thing as a demo pin binding? haha

Not sure I get enough pow touring days to justify the full blown WC. I may call the factory and try to arrange a WC 108 demo. Is there such thing as a demo pin binding? haha
    Yeah a bunch of tech bindings have “demo” options, typically with an extended length heel track.

You are correct, unfortunately Moment is not allowed to do demos right now. Apparently they're not considered an essential business.

Having problems with search on here, so can’t search too much. Curious People’s general thoughts comparing Meridian 107 to Kartel 108 and Wildcat 108? I’m sure it’s been discussed here.

I can compare the kartel 108 and wildcat 108

Kartel: Heavier and much damper feeling. More neutral stance and has that classic on3p pop feel. Not as strong on edge as the wildcat, better in pow. Cadillac cruiser in variable snow.

Wildcat: Much lighter, much stronger edge hold,, can be driven harder with a more forward stance. Super light swingweight, strong tail for landings, energetic moment layup. Dampness vibrations well, but feels light on your feet and requires more energy to control in variable because of it.

It’s too bad the wildcat 108 isnt heavier because it has such awesome edge hold in hard snow.
    Last edited by mr_pretzel; 04-11-2020 at 10:16 AM.

It’s too bad the wildcat isnt heavier because it has such awesome edge hold in hard snow.
    Pretty sure Luke said upthread that next year's Wildcat will be a bit heavier, while the WC 108 will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Having problems with search on here, so can’t search too much. Curious People’s general thoughts comparing Meridian 107 to Kartel 108 and Wildcat 108? I’m sure it’s been discussed here.

I haven't skied the wildcat 108 but have a lot of experience on the 118 width. I would say that the meridian is a lot looser than the kartel/jeffrey 108. It is also stiffer. The meridian has a lot of versatility and is a ton of fun. The only time I would prefer the kartel over it is in spring lush because of the heavier weight and suspension. I sold my kartels because they just were not the ski for me. If you are comparing the moment daily drivers you may want to consider the deathwish. I like that ski the most in the 107-112 range.

I ended up selling my Wildcats because they felt very 'middling'. I have a few really light Line skis I like because they're light and super playful. I never expect them to be able to blast through things. On3p's you know it's going to take more work to move them around and feel 'quick' but they will blast through variable snow.

The Wildcat was quick, but not super quick and stable until it wasn't (at which point they become a lot of work). Some people might like that jack of all trades feel, but I've started being more binary in my quiver. Playful and quick OR stable and heavy.

I would buy a 2400 gram Wildcat 108 in a heartbeat but that's just me.

I can compare the kartel 108 and wildcat 108

Kartel: Heavier and much damper feeling. More neutral stance and has that classic on3p pop feel. Not as strong on edge as the wildcat, better in pow. Cadillac cruiser in variable snow.

Wildcat: Much lighter, much stronger edge hold,, can be driven harder with a more forward stance. Super light swingweight, strong tail for landings, energetic moment layup. Dampness vibrations well, but feels light on your feet and requires more energy to control in variable because of it.

It’s too bad the wildcat 108 isnt heavier because it has such awesome edge hold in hard snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I would buy a 2400 gram Wildcat 108 in a heartbeat but that's just me.
    Even a 2200g version would probably give it enough heft to deal with variable and chop better. I was set to buy a pair until the reviews came in on the variable performance and lightness.