Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    RS clog, with some tweaks to make it a bit more roomy. Walk mode lever is very beefy and as you note not single-motion.
    A just slightly roomier toebox would be perfect. Stoked on this.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Hope they put some better loctite on the nut and bolt that acts as the pivot for the walk lever. A buddies fell out up on Shasta, the heavy ass baling wire and Skeletool I keep in my repair kit finally came in handy! Especially since the F1 won't have the dyneema cord to act as a leash if the bolt comes out.
    that's been a known issue for the 3 years the RS has been out,
    although the later versions addressed it - don't think it was necessarily a lack of loctite but that the original bolt was a tad too short and didn't engage the threads of the nyloc nut fully.

not too difficult to put some loctite in yourself , prophylactically
    may as well dab a bit on the of the other fasteners while you're at it.

then you can spend 75c at the hardware store for a 10 gram spare nut & bolt to put in your kit

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’ll be on the new 191 cm Nordica 115 Free tomorrow. I’ll report back

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    These things are awesome. Closest thing I’ve skied since I sold my Gunsmokes. They ski light, aren’t hooky, and are very maneuverable. I’m in for a pair as soon as I can get my hands on my own.

These things are awesome. Closest thing I’ve skied since I sold my Gunsmokes. They ski light, aren’t hooky, and are very maneuverable. I’m in for a pair as soon as I can get my hands on my own.
    Is this new 191 cm Nordica 115 Free the same ski as the current 191 Enforcer Pro?

I hate hearing this since I purchased a brand new pair of 193 Rustler 11s for my easy going ski that will replace my destroyed Gunsmokes...! The number of great skis coming out is borderline overwhelming...!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Is this new 191 cm Nordica 115 Free the same ski as the current 191 Enforcer Pro?
    No, Nordica changed the layup and the core. I did not like the 191 Enforcer Pro, the rep May have to pry his 115 Frees out of my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I hate hearing this since I purchased a brand new pair of 193 Rustler 11s for my easy going ski that will replace my destroyed Gunsmokes...! The number of great skis coming out is borderline overwhelming...!

I’m beginning to agree with this. I liked a bunch of the recent pow skis, but nothing just clicked like these 115 Frees have. I’m not one to do tricks, but these made me feel like I could start trying stunts cause I feel like I can do anything with them ever.

No change from the Enforcer Pro, right?

Edit: nevermind

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No, Nordica changed the layup and the core. I did not like the 191 Enforcer Pro, the rep May have to pry his 115 Frees out of my cold dead hands.

What's your source on this? Whoever's answering questions on the Nordica website disagrees.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200115-083357.jpeg 
Views:	352 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	310746

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    What's your source on this? Whoever's answering questions on the Nordica website disagrees.Click image for larger version. 

Based on the thread I think skibird is talking the 2021 Enforcer Pro not the current model. I doubt Nordica’s consumer facing customer service folks are going to answer questions about unannounced models.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Based on the thread I think skibird is talking the 2021 Enforcer Pro not the current model. I doubt Nordica’s consumer facing customer service folks are going to answer questions about unannounced models.
    Makes sense. The "same ski, different name" followed immediately by "same name, different ski" is making this hard to talk about. Definitely interested in further comparison

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post

For 2020/2021 the Enforcer Pro is no more, it became the Enforcer 115 Free. The rep, whose skis I’ve been on for 2 days and am trying to figure out how to not give them back to him, told me the metal layup is different, as well the core changed.

I would like to point at that said person is not a rep, just and athlete/ photographer for them.

2020-2021 Gear Rumors / Pictures etc

Quote Originally Posted by madriverfreeride View Post
    I would like to point at that said person is not a rep, just and athlete/ photographer for them.
    learn something everyday. Skis still rip, cut up pow settling up at the end of today, they flew threw/over all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Heard from a Tecnica athlete no changes to the Zero G Pro Tour, Scout, etc. any time soon. But next tradeshow season Tecnica will drop a <1kg segment AT boot. Which I'm stoked on considering they made the ZGTP less than 100g heavier than a TLT6M...
    ZeroG lineup just get a new color scheme, no changes other than that. The sub 1000g boot might be a bit further away than that... There's a new Mach MV for next year with some interesting new tech that sort of originated in things learned from ZeroG development.
    Last edited by wasatchback; 01-16-2020 at 05:24 PM.

I heard a rumor Look is going to make an MNC binding for 20/21. Can anyone confirm?

2021 Dynafit: https://issuu.com/josport/docs/dyn_wb_w2021_hg_swe_web

Other than the binding that was already posted a while back in the 300gr binding thread there doesn't seem to be a whole lot new stuff minus some color changes. I dunno, i do not follow Dynafit closely - i do not like their gear for the most part. Sorry if the link above already was posted.

The same people posted the G3 2021 booklet as well: https://issuu.com/josport/docs/g3_workbook_2021_swe_web
    New Zed 9 and a bunch of reworked/new skis.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Since we have the right peeps chiming in...how about the Lange XT3? Have they managed to beef up the spine and give it more rearward (and forward) support? I wouldn't mind if it gained some weight.
    anyone?
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The same people posted the G3 2021 booklet as well: https://issuu.com/josport/docs/g3_workbook_2021_swe_web
    New Zed 9 and a bunch of reworked/new skis.
    Actually that new SLAYr 114 looks pretty good:
    195cm 143/114/128 25.5m 1.74kg

screw G3, their shitty Chinese bindings, skins, skis and customer service
    -many Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I heard a rumor Look is going to make an MNC binding for 20/21. Can anyone confirm?
    I think Spyderjon confirmed that there will be Look MNC binding in 21/22. Not this year. Not sure though

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Posted on a Italian site a couple days ago. Attachment 310530Attachment 310531

Sent from my moto e6 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Heard there's a 105 M=Pro too.

Edit: And then I read Blues Brother's post. Post before strong G and T.

Is it me or are we seeing a revival of the heavier, 2 sheets-of-metal ski's? Katana108 and Mantra 102, Dynastar's new line, Salomon with a line?, new Cochise ? I think it is great, never really got on board with the 'lighter is better' movement and love my damp titanal skis. Maybe the world is finally coming to its senses?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I'm excited for it. I love my LP105s but sometimes I don't want to be strapped for a ballistic missile.
    Only time I’m not in love with them is hiking with them strapped to my pack, or the thought of skinning on them with Cast.

Crud, variable shit, shallow pow, whatever - they are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Only time I’m not in love with them is hiking with them strapped to my pack, or the thought of skinning on them with Cast.

Crud, variable shit, shallow pow, whatever - they are insane.
    100% agree with this. They are an awesome inbounds ski, just can’t take them anywhere involving self propelled up hill travel. That’s why I sold mine.