Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Supply

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    This is probably a better deal, doesn't include the crankset but it's $250+ cheaper:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIMANO-DEO...4AAOSwta1gNILr
    No 51t cassettes, though.

Ordered a Microshift AdventX 10sp drivetrain for the Better half build I am collecting parts for.

For anyone that doesn't know it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...aver-2020.html

Placing an order for some YBN chains from overseas. Our fleet is a gong show mix if 10spd, 11spd, 12spd, and 7spd on one of the cargo bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    No 51t cassettes, though.
    It'll only make you stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    It'll only make your inevitable knee replacement happen sooner.

FTFY
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Spoke with Revel today (largely down to the the ranger or epic evo) they said august or September on either color in my size. There is one out there in the interwebs, just need this cash to post ASAP! What a time we live in.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Man, I had an XT rear mech in my cart on Amazon and kept forgetting to place the order. Now it's in gouge territory. Any opinions on the SLX?
    11 Speed? The main difference is the pulleys, I doubt you will notice.
    12 Speed? The pulleys are still different, the derailleur cage is noticeably weaker on the SLX.... the good news is they bend back very easily. If you can get an XT is probably worth it.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Spoke with Revel today (largely down to the the ranger or epic evo) they said august or September on either color in my size. There is one out there in the interwebs, just need this cash to post ASAP! What a time we live in.
    At least your mfg can name a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    At least your mfg can name a month...
    Ugh dude sorry, what are you after?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    11 Speed? The main difference is the pulleys, I doubt you will notice.
    12 Speed? The pulleys are still different, the derailleur cage is noticeably weaker on the SLX.... the good news is they bend back very easily. If you can get an XT is probably worth it.
    12 speed. Tried, but couldn't find an XT that wasn't well above MSRP. SLX can still be had for cheap, and it's a backup (until it isn't), so I got one. Good to know, though, thanks!
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Thanks, VT. That was my experience BITD, but I haven't run Shimano for a while.

I can poach most things from other bikes, but the new bike is the only one with Shimano. I've broken enough derailleurs to know I'm not that lucky. I'm kinda on the fence between ordering an SLX versus getting an XD freehub. I've got enough GX drivetrains to get me through a couple pandemics.
    FYI 12s is interchangeable. Lately I've ridden XTR bikes with SRAM cassettes and XO bikes with XT cassettes. Both shifted just fine. It will certainly get you by.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    FYI 12s is interchangeable. Lately I've ridden XTR bikes with SRAM cassettes and XO bikes with XT cassettes. Both shifted just fine. It will certainly get you by.
    I've done the same with 11s road gear as well, Apex/Force on my CX/Gravel bike running XT/XTR cassettes for years.

Ordered 7 chains yesterday and I have two on hand. That should get our fleet well into 2022. Next is a bulk order of pads and rotors. Has uhhh anyone used any of the unknown pads and rotors from Aliexpress?

well. Missed shot on fanatiks rangers medium frame only, now it looks to be late august or September for frame only snd maybe some medium full builds in late April. If anyone hears of current stock at their local shops, shoot me a PM. May wait , May just go epic evo- (if specialized stock on website is to be believed).

fuck that noise.

gmen.

A few calls around via guidance from the spec website and found an epic evo frame in green medium in Alabama! Ships out Tuesday. Pumped

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Has uhhh anyone used any of the unknown pads and rotors from Aliexpress?
    Not used the rotors, but have used 100's of the ebay china pads. Tested them on my own bike. Shimano on one side, non-brand on the other. No better or worse. Same wear, same noise, same power, etc. Just that they are avail and usuauly $2-4 a set.

^ a trusted opinion from a solid rider/mechanic. I'm still impressed with the tool roll you whipped out on the Enchilada at Enchilada fest about 10 years ago.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    ^ a trusted opinion from a solid rider/mechanic. I'm still impressed with the tool roll you whipped out on the Enchilada at Enchilada fest about 10 years ago.
    on the trail? ya, that tool roll has helped a few people and such a clean, simple way to carry stuff

A few calls around via guidance from the spec website and found an epic evo frame in green medium in Alabama! Ships out Tuesday. Pumped
    Solid work, congrats!

Called the Mountain Peddler with an upgrade question about my bike, ended up getting an update on my wife's Ripley frame/build that should happen next month. Sounds like most of their order from Ibis is seeing additional delays as of last week, but somehow my wife's frame was not and looks to be coming on time or even early. Not holding our breath, but that would be amazing, given the circumstances and ships sitting off Longbeach.

Great dudes over there and still very happy that they could get her lined up with a bike!

Heard about a local shop with bike sales up 400% YOY for Jan-March.

I'm in full on hoarding mode at the moment, but I'm also selling off old parts as fast as I can.

bicycles are the new toilet paper
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Thanks for this, on my Xo1 bike I’m missing the ratio of the 51t XT cassette.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ugh dude sorry, what are you after?
    Transition Spur, Large, green. Any build. Not even pre-orderable. No shops with stock. Fanatik has an XL frame but wtf am I supposed to do with that if the forks are backordered? I vote we pool our resources and organize a deep sea rescue expedition. What's a little rust and crab poop?

https://www.wired.com/story/where-sh...k-ocean-floor/

Transition Spur, Large, green. Any build. Not even pre-orderable. No shops with stock. Fanatik has an XL frame but wtf am I supposed to do with that if the forks are backordered? I vote we pool our resources and organize a deep sea rescue expedition. What's a little rust and crab poop?

https://www.wired.com/story/where-sh...k-ocean-floor/
    I’m in

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Transition Spur, Large, green. Any build. Not even pre-orderable. No shops with stock.
    Keep calling around. Transition was fulfilling shop orders before direct consumer orders, so some shops were still getting unallocated bikes in. That's how I got mine. Maybe people have wised up by now but you might get lucky. Mine was from The Path in OC. Worldwide Cyclery in LA also had one at the time. People occasionally post in the Spur thread on mtbr about bikes that are available.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Heard about a local shop with bike sales up 40*0% YOY for Jan-March.

I'm in full on hoarding mode at the moment, but I'm also selling off old parts as fast as I can.
    Bike shop I work at is up at least 400%. Sold 19 e bikes this week.