Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    petty crime is annoying
    Unless it's YOUR business being ruined, then it's more than "annoying".. See the woman who owns the grocery store in the video who is besieged by repeat shoplifters that the police/system can't/won't do anything about. she has called 911 more than 300 times and nothing is done. The perps just walk in, help themselves to her goods and laugh at her when she confronts them. How can this be allowed to go on?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    How is that ignorant?
    Because it doesn't work. And we have decades of evidence that support that. It just doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Unless it's YOUR business being ruined, then it's more than "annoying".. See the woman who owns the grocery store in the video who is besieged by repeat shoplifters that the police/system can't/won't do anything about. she has called 911 more than 300 times and nothing is done. The perps just walk in, help themselves to her goods and laugh at her when she confronts them. How can this be allowed to go on?
    I agree. You can't just shrug your shoulders and let a certain segment of society do whatever they want without repercussions. Laws need to be enforced uniformly.

What doesn’t work? Quit doing drugs, problem solved. Fuck opening clinics to support these losers. Smoke weed, and eat cheeseburgers!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yup. The older I get, the more convinced I become that we need to at a *minimum* decriminalize all of it. Preferable would be to actually legalize ALL of it.

I don't know what the War on Drug costs us, but move ALL of those $$ from the "war" to treatment, etc.

The OVERWHELMING evidence tells us that prohibition simply doesn't work.

Yet we continue to bash our heads against that wall... hoping in vain that maybe some day it WILL work.

It won't.
    Yes Simple prohibition doesn't work.

It does NOT follow that decriminalization is the solution. Not at fucking all. Now, if you are a libertarian and making a decriminalization as philosophical/moral argument, that's fine, but do not pretend that the logical solution to addiction and homelessness is simple decriminalization.

Solutions should attack the root causes. The root cause of addiction and homelessness is not that heroin, crack and meth are illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What doesn’t work? Quit doing drugs
    This. This doesn't work. We have overwhelming evidence to support my assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I agree. You can't just shrug your shoulders and let a certain segment of society do whatever they want without repercussions. Laws need to be enforced uniformly.
    shoplifting is a business in the US; people aren't shoplifting baby formula for their kid, they are shoplifting it for resale.

just like the outrage industry is a business in the us. people make videos so people can get outraged and watch more outrage TV.

Seattle is dying

How is that possible? Just quit being a pussy, sack up and go cold turkey. Why would you submit yerself to a life on the street, doing horrible things to score some dirty powder drugs? They shouldn’t be coddled, they should get a swift kick in the ass. Treating it like disease is just plain stupid. Addiction is not a disease, it’s a weakness. Get tough.
    crab in my shoe mouth

How is that possible? Just quit being a pussy, sack up and go cold turkey. Why would you submit yerself to a life on the street, doing horrible things to score some dirty powder drugs? They shouldn’t be coddled, they should get a swift kick in the ass. Treat it like disease is just plain stupid. Addiction is not a disease, it’s a weakness. Get tough.
    Please... carry on. Or take a lap. Or whatever it is you do.

How are you this dumb? It’s just this simple, it really is.
    crab in my shoe mouth

How are you this dumb? It’s just this simple, it really is.
    You know, you're right. Thanks for changing my mind.

How is that possible? Just quit being a pussy, sack up and go cold turkey. Why would you submit yerself to a life on the street, doing horrible things to score some dirty powder drugs? They shouldn’t be coddled, they should get a swift kick in the ass. Treating it like disease is just plain stupid. Addiction is not a disease, it’s a weakness. Get tough.
    Yeah, just throw them all in jail, that'll fix this! We definitely haven't been doing that en masse for the last 30 years

JFC

Seattle is dying

Is obesity a disease also?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Seattle is dying

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, just throw them all in jail, that'll fix this! We definitely haven't been doing that en masse for the last 30 years

JFC
    We throw who in jail? Not the rich white kids who suffer from this ‘disease’. Let’s switch it up, no more black people getting hassled by the cops. Time for prep school Chad to face the music.
    crab in my shoe mouth

You really are an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I’d rather be an asshole than a pussy-ass junkie, any day.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I hate people like you buttflake.

Would you rather do this thing that costs x amount of dollars and has been proven to help addicts stabilize their lives and eventually get clean, put dealers out of business, drastically reduce crime and clean up the streets...

Or would you rather do the other thing that costs 1000X and doesnt work. Has never worked and borders on inhumane...

Ohhh baby Jesus! Cant do what works.

Came across this video last night and watched it

First I was all wah wah cry me a river about drugs are bad. But watching the whole thing they make a good point. Incarceration with treatment followed by post release treatment might be the only hope for these creatures and for inner city homeless.

A handful are mentally ill. Most seem strung out numb and not caring that they love a life of filth
    . . .

Buttflake probably thinks that people who suffer from depression just need to stop being sad pussies and start being happy. The Bob Newhart "just stop it" method. Except that was a comedy sketch.

Demonstrating to anyone with critical thinking skills that he lacks such skills.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Buttflake probably thinks that people who suffer from depression just need to stop being sad pussies and start being happy. The Bob Newhart "just stop it" method. Except that was a comedy sketch.

Demonstrating to anyone with critical thinking skills that he lacks such skills.
    Not at all, I believe mental illness, is exactly that, an illness. Addiction is just being a pussy.
    Why is this so hard?
    crab in my shoe mouth

I’ll ask again, is obesity a disease?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Came across this video last night and watched it

First I was all wah wah cry me a river about drugs are bad. But watching the whole thing they make a good point. Incarceration with treatment followed by post release treatment might be the only hope for these creatures and for inner city homeless.
    A handful are mentally ill. Most seem strung out numb and not caring that they love a life of filth
    ^^THIS^^ It is unbelievable to me that some here think the current situation is acceptable and should be allowed to go on. Sort out those who TRULY are just "down on their luck" and provide assistance to get back on their feet, those with hard drug issues need to be taken off the streets to somewhere for treatment and rehab.

I’ll ask again, is obesity a disease?
    JUST STOP EATING SO MUCH.

Amirite??

Seattle is dying

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    JUST STOP EATING SO MUCH.

Amirite??
    Now yer getting it! How hard is it, to just not stuff food in yer face-hole? Not very difficult.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Now yer getting it! How hard is it, to just not stuff food in yer face-hole? Not very difficult.
    I would like to thank you for changing my mind on this topic as well.

You're a font of knowledge!