Page 63 of 235 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 5864
    Was on the Bulleit Rye teat last night.

Such a nice morning bob, 38` and calm winds, better than the 3am 40mph wake up blast. 0.0" of backside snow = cheated, oh well. Got the banks shoveled back and ready for the next big snow.

Looks like a typical Gatehouse Saturday to me. Lift stopped and maintenance crew running around. 27` summit = teh suck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 10.11.25 AM.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	653.8 KB 
ID:	261984
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

This angry inch of snow should fix EVERYTHING

Goin' ice skatin' tomorrow... at K.

Anyone know what kind of growth I found on a beech tree along the Catamount Trail today?

Name:	IMG_2283.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	553.1 KB 
ID:	262083

I believe that might be dead oakmoss lichen but I could be way off.

I know how to pick em--boilerplate in Waitsfield. Debating whether it's worth it to schlep to Craftsbury to skate ski. At least the pizza at Flatbread is always great.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    I know how to pick em--boilerplate in Waitsfield. Debating whether it's worth it to schlep to Craftsbury to skate ski. At least the pizza at Flatbread is always great.
    have you learned nothing from the ChaseBrooklyn thread?!? :-))
    (yeah ew here flying the old colors...beautitful day EC or not)
    Last edited by train07; 12-30-2018 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelln

Quote Originally Posted by train07 View Post
    have you learned nothing from the ChaseBrooklyn thread?!? :-))
    (yeah ew here flying the old colors...beautitful day EC or not)
    Ha! I just saw that. I know better than to expect awesomeness this time of year. I'm happy to be in Vermont, be healthy, and be outside.

I do need to get some new boots though so I can come and join you guys at Magic or KMart. Until then, for me, a few hours of skate skiing is as good as anything.

Liches? Scary

Ha! I just saw that. I know better than to expect awesomeness this time of year. I'm happy to be in Vermont, be healthy, and be outside.

I do need to get some new boots though so I can come and join you guys at Magic or KMart. Until then, for me, a few hours of skate skiing is as good as anything.
    Yo! Craftsbury will likely be a mob scene too, but they did have ~35k going this past Wednesday, so it's likely a good time. Or you could come here and watch Football all day

Killington was a war zone first thing today. Lift up a virgin Bear Mtn, about 20 turns w/o a soul on the cord, and then... KABLOOEY! Like an 80s ski movie finale- a million gapers and joeys all around me and out to kill. 2 runs and out in the name of personal safety. It is beautiful out there, though.

Good to see ya checking in, Cant. I've got a short list of Boston/NE Maggs I wanna meet in person. You, Big Daddy and a few others. These days it's more about just having a fun day on the hill with friends than "chasing" the epic pow shred gnar whatever.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Got in a few night laps at bromont last night. Empty hill and a1 grooming made for good times. Sutton reporting 6” of fresh this am. That’s pretty chill
    27° 18°

Damn sounds like I made the right call not a schleping to the Bush today. Looks like they’re making snow so early morning New Years Day May be the time to go.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Damn sounds like I made the right call not a schleping to the Bush today. Looks like they’re making snow so early morning New Years Day May be the time to go.

I had some family in from out of town so we hit it today until lunch. It was obviously a zoo (especially as the day went on) but they had the guns on on several trails including Downspout and Lower Organgrinder. It was cold and shitty enough that the snowmaking whales held the best snow. We managed to still have a good time but a good dump is definitely needed.

Love me a good dump.
    Sure looked Meh out the window today.

BBCO is hopping right now. Asian pork tacos and Stainless Forrest.

at least it was sunny
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

3+” plus some ice on top should make driving special on NYE. I guess I’ll keep my first responder pager close by.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    at least it was sunny
    So we had that going for us, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    3+” plus some ice on top should make driving special on NYE. I guess I’ll keep my first responder pager close by.
    Keep the kegger closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Keep the kegger closer.
    That may eliminate the need for the pager.

the classic trails are unreal right now up north. blue wax for the win
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Yo! Craftsbury will likely be a mob scene too, but they did have ~35k going this past Wednesday, so it's likely a good time. Or you could come here and watch Football all day

Killington was a war zone first thing today. Lift up a virgin Bear Mtn, about 20 turns w/o a soul on the cord, and then... KABLOOEY! Like an 80s ski movie finale- a million gapers and joeys all around me and out to kill. 2 runs and out in the name of personal safety. It is beautiful out there, though.
    The fam was skiing at sugarbush and gave up by 1p. Mobbed.

We settled on Trapps for the day, skied pretty well for the three or so hours we were out. Some definite ice stretches that made for some sketchy descending, but much better than expected. It was pretty much empty too. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1891.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	262184

You around NYD? We will be driving back to Boston, maybe we can get lunch if y'all are around.

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    Good to see ya checking in, Cant. I've got a short list of Boston/NE Maggs I wanna meet in person. You, Big Daddy and a few others. These days it's more about just having a fun day on the hill with friends than "chasing" the epic pow shred gnar whatever.
    Definitely, would love to grab a bite or ski. It's much easier for me to get out and skate ski or bike so that's been my MO for the last year. More smiles for mile. But, I'd love to get back on real skis again.

Skied the Bush the last 4 days,just some plain old good NE skiing.if you played the lift suffle the lines were not too bad

Happy New Year mags

Name:	winter.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	262238

This should calm the Mad Max fuktards headed back to the cities. (A crazy Quebecistan made my girlfriend cry by trying to kill everybody. I have a right to be aggro towards that NYE shit show.)