Page 129 of 419 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 10468
    Update from Madonna summit: 2" of dust on some serious rain crust. Hope it keeps snowing and this next week might be really good.

Edit: crank already updated

Serious base down. Blowing and snowing now. Patrol wants to open the ungroomed stuff thinking the crust is breakable enough. Will be interesting to see.

Had a nice run down the groomer with a 2-3" soft layer. Keep the engine going!
    Last edited by thin cover; 12-22-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Edit: crank already updated

Serious base down. Blowing and snowing now. Patrol wants to open the ungroomed stuff thinking the crust is breakable enough. Will be interesting to see.

Had a nice run down the groomer with a 2-3" soft layer. Keep the engine going!
    One word . . . upslope! Get Sum!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Awesome base layed down at the bush, patrol veteran reported rain to the summit and solid contrary to published report. Snowing hard now and the groomers were fun with the new snow mixing in nicely. Skied a short natural snow trail off gatehouse on my way home and after a few tentative turns realized snow would support my weight with no breakthrough. Light touring should be awesome this week to avoid teh crowds.
    Off to finish a job and hopefully get out around 3 for the fill in.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Yea. It definitely rained on the summit at the Bush. Paradise was edge able dust on crust. Solid base all around. Woods will be in play soon enough.

Good to hear VT-F and IE. MRG is opening Monday and saying almost all terrain in play...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Awww yisssssssssss, 12.5" of lake effect at Holiday Valley overnight. Snow is forecast to continue throughout the day, so guess where I (and the rest of western NY) am going tomorrow?

Im newish to the area and this site.. But any mags out there skiing in NH? I live in southern NH and might try and shred it up either monday or wednesday
    Huck me a cliff worthy of Mordor. Shred the gnar gnar.

Flickr
    My [Photography] site

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    Im newish to the area and this site.. But any mags out there skiing in NH? I live in southern NH and might try and shred it up either monday or wednesday
    Welcome, JONG.

There is skiing in NH. PM icelanticskier for details

http://www.skinh.com/ski-resorts/

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Just got back from 2 days at Sugarloaf, my first time up there and it was fkna awesome. Sorry for the massive pictures. Crowds were very minimal, Wednesday the power was out for most of the morning and they only had two lifts running. Still plenty out there!!!

Why apologize for this^^^? Pics like these are why almost everyone looks at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Good to hear VT-F and IE. MRG is opening Monday and saying almost all terrain in play...
    MRG monday? that's great! I saw yesterday the 27th I believe.

Still snowing here with around 4-5" at my place. Did some shoveling and there is a shitload of water in the snow at ground level, gonna freeze up nice I'll be touring after teh birfday holiday just to see some low angle forest.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Mags more local then me: what looks better tomorrow, Sunday River or the Loaf?

Waiting to hear from sister who workable at SR, but last I heard was rain in the past few days...

bTW, Syracuse was getting fucking hammered this morning when I left.

Sent from my ADR6400L using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by austriker View Post
    I'm new to TGR too, but been here in NH a while. I'm in central NH. and have a pass thats good for sunapee and okemo.

where you headed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Still snowing here with around 4-5" at my place. Did some shoveling and there is a shitload of water in the snow at ground level, gonna freeze up nice I'll be touring after teh birfday holiday just to see some low angle forest.
    you should come up and ski drift lines tomorrow morning. she be blowin hard tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    As of 2pm Song Mtn (Tully) had ~12"+, sounds like tomorrow may be pretty solid for a lot of areas up around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Still snowing here with around 4-5" at my place.
    Sounding good... Yes I guess this snow is working wonders, so they are opening sooner.

From the MRG site: http://www.madriverglen.com/

Call us Mt. Lucky - we are setting up perfectly for an awesome holiday week of skiing! MRG will FINALLY be cranking up the ski season on Monday morning. Yesterday's rain turned to snow overnight and is bonding incredibly well with the base - just the kind of scenario that we were hoping for. We have picked up 3-4" of new snow since the switch over and we are expecting more overnight. All this and not a moment too soon! The snow has been building up bit by bit over the past week (about a foot and a half since Monday) and the base is certainly beginning to develop. Our plan is to open with skiing off of both the Single Chair and the Sunnyside Double with the vast majority of the main mountain terrain open. The lifts will spin from 9 AM to 3:45 PM. Stay tuned for a more detailed report as we get closer to the opening bell.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    It was the same at Edelweiss. I was told that Fortune and Cascades were closed due to power outage. Skied 13 runs on apocalypse snow...TR at 11. It was Heavy...and wet, but never turned to rain. It was really limit at around noon, but changed back to fat flakes when I left at 1pm. I had to be back in town at 2.

Their calling for Ottawa an extra 10-15cm overnight plus 2 cm tomorrow. My guess was that they was around 25-30cm at the hill.
    Continued to snow today in town...I was more responsible. If I would totally irresponsible, I would go to La Réserve tomorrow (where rudeness is). Power ran out around noon yesterday and was still closed today (same as Camp Fortune here)..tomorrow should be Epic at La Réserve.

I finally loaded the pics; here is my TR from yesterday...

What am I doing?

Suppose to go to work: not going!

The dishwasher is broken: A mountain of dirty dishes on the table and kitchen counter.

Car needs to be serviced and is long overdue for an oil change.

School buses aren’t running, school show is canceled. Last day of school.

I need to get some two pairs of race skis for one daughter, solve her boots issue and maybe find another pair and ski boots for my second daughter. Christmas shopping is not even started.

Do I care or am I responsible? No, it doesn’t matter. Didn’t you hear? It’s the day of the apocalypse.
    More to read and see on my blog...

Edelweiss QC – 21.12. 2012 : Skiing Apocalypse Snow
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012/...ocalypse-snow/

Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Mags more local then me: what looks better tomorrow, Sunday River or the Loaf?

Waiting to hear from sister who workable at SR, but last I heard was rain in the past few days...

Sent from my ADR6400L using TGR Forums
    if it were snowing or 60 degrees with full sun, the skiing would be worth the drive

todays honest loaf report:

"Today at Sugarloaf

We've been getting some classic New England weather here at Sugarloaf the past couple days. After a week of snow (3 feet of it) yesterday's warm temps finally brought rain, causing surface conditions to firm up and get a little crusty around the mountain over the course of the night and through today. Groomed terrain held together well, but if you found yourself tackling any wild trails you may have had a tricky time initiating those turns.

No worries though, because we have a nice forecast for the week ahead with cold temperatures, flurries, and some chances at light snow. That should make a big difference on ungroomed terrain, and snowmaking crews will be back at it tonight on favorites like Timberline and Haulback, among others. As of 3pm we picked up almost and inch of fresh snow from today, with chance of light snow through tonight.

And in more good news, Brackett Basin opened today. This has created over 200 acres of new sidecountry, and right now our trail count stands at 119 trails with over 735 acres of open terrain. More is on the way soon, and Timberline lift is set to open tomorrow."

go to vermont, it's snowing there, or softer at least.

rog

First snow leopard sighting of the year yesterday and it was a biggun. Sorry VTF, no pics.
    Last edited by Bottleman; 12-22-2012 at 06:34 PM.

back in the city. power never came on at the reserve, or val saint-come, never really stopped snowing either. without many other options, we opted for Mont Garceau today. first time there, it doesn't have the terrain of the other two but was still a blast and had enough that was steep enough for the 55cm or so. la reserve (and prolly saint come) havn't been skied since friday at noon, so yeah, tomorrow would be great. wind has been blowing so the snow has a more chalky wind-blown quality now

6" of feathers down at my house and snowing hard. I hope the mountain is getting smoked.

afternoon session was fun all over again.
    Starting to bury that crust.

High Anxiety got off the board to try some Worths, for some laps with my son mid day on Morse

Skinned 2 laps at MRG today with my better half. Laseranimal tagged along as well. There was lots of snow in places, and an edgable crust in others. It snowed all day. Winter is here.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

la reserve:

st-donat:

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    la reserve:

FTW, solid - solid work! Way to get after it fellas.
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

6" on the road on the top of 242. Guessing they plowed once already. Just drove some girls Volvo up the pass for them. They didn't believe me that the
    car would go better in reverse!

Jay got shut down for wind today at 1 (all lifts except metro). It was puking then and still puking now. Don't see anyway they end up with less than 12".

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums