Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    River roost is the shit! They're sold out till the 20th. Mark will be doubling his production soon and plans on canning this fall. Don't miss out on big fatties BBQ right next door. They have RR and hill farmstead on tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

EASTERN STATES CUP
    Downhill and Enduro Race
    At bush south this weekend. Thunderstorm rolling through right now to clean up the dusty rocks on the courses.
    Butta you coming for the Endurbro? First leg is that nose wheelie trail I told you about. A nice lift hop followed by a grind up Castlerock Connection [you'll kill this gravel grind] Followed by an old Otten era single track that must have been cleared of the downed trees that made it a pain to ride the last two years. I'll bring beers, cheers and the camera to record win!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Oh hell no, after my one enduro experience last year, no way!
    I thought it would be more XC than DH, boy was I wrong. Thunder Mountain was soaking wet and there was like zero grip, anywhere. My trail bike and my balls were way to small for that action!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    EASTERN STATES CUP
    Downhill and Enduro Race
    At bush south this weekend. Thunderstorm rolling through right now to clean up the dusty rocks on the courses.
    Butta you coming for the Endurbro? First leg is that nose wheelie trail I told you about. A nice lift hop followed by a grind up Castlerock Connection [you'll kill this gravel grind] Followed by an old Otten era single track that must have been cleared of the downed trees that made it a pain to ride the last two years. I'll bring beers, cheers and the camera to record win!
    What are the lift served trails like at The Bush? Tech, flow, or mix of both. I'm going to be up that way next month.

Any recommended non lift served trails? Looks like there are a ton of options off Dana Hill Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    What are the lift served trails like at The Bush? Tech, flow, or mix of both. I'm going to be up that way next month.

Any recommended non lift served trails? Looks like there are a ton of options off Dana Hill Rd.
    There a ton of riding over there. The Howe block of the Camel's Hump State Forest is the area you're referring to off Dana hill. It's just one zone of a handful, all good stuff, and varied. Even easy trail up at Blueberry Lake that kids and folks that can't ride have fun on.

The DH stuff does not get great reviews. If you want that hit Killington up on you way through. Or Highland depending on your route.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 07-16-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Oh hell no, after my one enduro experience last year, no way!
    I thought it would be more XC than DH, boy was I wrong. Thunder Mountain was soaking wet and there was like zero grip, anywhere. My trail bike and my balls were way to small for that action!
    It's the first leg that is full downhill kit ugly, the other three legs are not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post

Downhill bush is kinda meh, a couple of hours and you'll be looking for more. Some flowish, lots of roots and rocks and old school steep falline tech. I know a couple who live in town and drive by to Killington instead of riding here.
    Dana is fun if done right, other options around depending on how much you like to climb. Some slackers do some shuttling, but it is not true downhilling as there is mid ride climbing involved. The slackers just don't want to climb 2-3000' and opt for 4-500'.
    Let me know what you are looking for and I can set you up, maybe even tour you around.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Rode a couple Wachusett laps before admitting my nearly useless brakes were reason not to attampt any. Descents were tightly controlled and somewhat nerve wracking since any stops required advance planning....

Still managed a gain of 2894 feet over just 24.6 miles for an average of 11.5 mph before I packed the bike into the car and drove straight to the bike shop. They tell me I can have it back on Wednesday.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Sunny weekend day = work, rain has been fucking my schedule this year.
    Good but short backyard ride this evening, 4.4 miles 1349' ascent, 4.1 mph ave. inc. stopping for a photo.

This old log didn't fruit last year likely due to dryness.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170716_183507.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	209530

ps, glad I am my own mechanic.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Awesome day at highland yesterday. Schweating bullets but super fun riding and tacky dirt!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Awesome day at highland yesterday. Schweating bullets but super fun riding and tacky dirt!
    pics or it didn't happen

+1 on the sweatfest yesterday. Dirt was super tacky and fun. Rode a section with handlebar high wildflowers that felt like I was back in CB.

That looks tasty. Is that over in Maine?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    That looks tasty. Is that over in Maine?
    Sadly not. White School at KT. I think that end of the network is underrated. Looking to hit up Sugarloaf this weekend. There is some scenery to be had there.

Poured here yesterday. Once again Dog/Mad Vallies are the most saturated terrain in the state. Rest of the week looks to be drying out. Scored a little local whitewater last night which was sweet. Bass fishing has been off, but the trout fishing has been on fire.
    https://waterdata.usgs.gov/vt/nwis/rt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9060345.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	639.4 KB 
ID:	209557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9060258.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1,001.5 KB 
ID:	209558  

Anyone try something like these? Getting a boost frame and need a temp solution until I get new wheels

http://www.velofuze.com/boost-hub-ad...8mm-boost-3mm/

I couldn't bring myself to ask in Damian's 20mm boost thread....

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Anyone try something like these? Getting a boost frame and need a temp solution until I get new wheels

My most recent frame, yeah, with my old rear wheel. Not that, but cadged up some spacers from the spare parts bin.

Ran it that way for a few months until picking up a Boost hub. No issues.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Had a most excellent last Sunday @ Thunder with a bunch of buddies.

I love that place!

Had a bit of a scary moment on Too Easy - hit one of the blown out/dusty as fuck corners a bit too fast, slid myself into a tree. Got a nice lump on my left shin. Of course *just* under where my pads cover.

One of the buddies landed on some kid and his bike on the Hawleywood end step-up. Kid had gone down, and was okay, but was just standing there in the LZ staring at his bike. No real damage or injuries, but it could have been bad.

You're welcome to borrow my Arc 27's with DT 350s. They're take offs from my Bronson. I have been meaning to sell them but just haven't gotten around to it. I figure it could hold you over until you come up with something more permanent

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    You're welcome to borrow my Arc 27's with DT 350s. They're take offs from my Bronson. I have been meaning to sell them but just haven't gotten around to it. I figure it could hold you over until you come up with something more permanent
    Stand up offer kind sir, I'm assuming they have an XD driver? I'm running Shimano and not sure how long until I get a new wheelset. If that adapter thingy works I could see running it the rest of this season and picking up something over the winter.

What did you replace these with?

Stand up offer kind sir, I'm assuming they have an XD driver? I'm running Shimano and not sure how long until I get a new wheelset. If that adapter thingy works I could see running it the rest of this season and picking up something over the winter.

What did you replace these with?
    My bad...Yeah, they're XD.

I grabbed some i9 Enduro 305's. It's my second set of i9 wheels and I love them.

Bummer at the bush, one of the racers has passed after an Enduro training crash on Saturday. I saw DART fly over East Warren where I was working, but hadn't heard anything until I was texted today. RIP

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Goulet family as they accompany Andrew during the close of his life. Andrew, a vibrant young man, full of a hunger for life, is an extreme athlete and outdoors man. On Saturday, whilst pursuing his newly found love of Mountain biking, Andrew sustained non-survivable injuries following an accident. He is being kept comfortable as arrangements are made to facilitate his wish to be an organ donor. The family is being well supported and appreciates your love. Right now all their energy is being directed toward Andrew and each other. They will reach out to the wider community when they are able. We thank you for your care and understanding. Please be gentle in all that you do as you carry this grief. Peace."

Y'all ride safe.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Ohh...horrible news. RIP

Sympathies to the Goulet family.

Ah crap!

Well wishes and thoughts for his family and friends.

I saw that yesterday. RIP Andrew