Page 678 of 729 FirstFirst ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... LastLast
Results 16,926 to 16,950 of 18214
    I think GOOG, AMZN, and AAPL will take more share of ad dollars. Social getting too risky.

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Threw a few more darts today. Bought two more GOOGL at $84, going to keep going with this if it continues down further tomorrow. I now have 42 shares with a cost basis of $102.63. Set an order to buy two of AMZN at $89, missed it by .02. The order is GTC and hopefully it fills tomorrow.

In the tradition of buying stuff I’m down on I picked up another 100 warrants of PSNY, because, why the hell not? (They were trading for .63 this morning.) My YOLO trade for the day. I still believe in the theory of the major auto manufacturers catching up and leaving Elon behind at some point. I’ve started grabbing a few shares of F in that stream of thinking, the Volvo/Polestar trade seems pretty reasonable.

I keep looking at META, tremendous upside but I just can’t get past the total Zuck control. If Reality Labs pays off it could be big, if not it could/will suck off a lot of cash. I’m always looking to buy AAPL, they went down a bit today and then again after hours. I’m hoping to pick up a few shares on the cheaper if it continues to swoon tomorrow morning.

The part of me that thinks recession is coming on is kinda ok with it. It will be the time to load up every penny into investments while they are cheap. Ride that shit out and reap the rewards on the other side. If a recession doesn’t come along, be happy with the money you’ve set aside.

Regardless, keep looking for your future.
    I think you are right on recession, usually we are in one before we realize we are in one. Markets tend to realize that before investors do, on the entry and exit. Those sitting on the sideline waiting for the deemed entry point are going to miss.

I do think it will be a shallow recession, part of why the fed is raising so fast.

Id we rather raise above what’s needed so there is the the bandwidth to cut if economics soften. Markets will react more favorably to that versus the Fed prematurely becoming more dovish. We need to build back up the quiver of arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishexit View Post
    I get the concept and allocate to those types of managers. 100% can be effective if you have the experience and info advantage.

But to give that as advice for a retail strategy, you are basically giving someone a dull sword and sending them into the colosseum to get slaughtered.
    Lol. It is TGR though so all good conversation. I have other IRA's fully invested so really I'm hedged enough. Big picture I am just taking a less aggressive position for a few days. It is my head spinning on this stuff that bothers me.

And yes, the sharks would eat me. I'm a shoot, shovel, and forget investor.

Wednesday was a nail biter though.

Once I get the stupid check I can deposit electronically through the app. So there is that.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 11-04-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Big move in the dollar. Now is a good time for sovereigns to step on it. Could be a sign of a rate too too. Dollar always signals first.

My check came today UPS 3 day because I guess that is cheaper then next day or even 2 day and let them play with my somewhat substantial sum of money (non dentist scale) for a few days. Sitting outside on my porch when I came home from work. Package soaked through. Check partially soaked. USPS priority would have made it faster and been in my locked mailbox.

Anyway, still legible, deposited via mobil. Thanks maggots for not stealing my check on my tip off.

John Hancock can now go ahead and fuck off.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Is the stock market going to tank?

I’m guessing close to 10k:

Facebook parent Meta could begin large-scale layoffs as soon as Wednesday, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.

The layoffs are expected to impact thousands of employees, the report said, and the move would mark the first major headcount reduction in Meta’s history. At the end of September, the company reported that it had more than 87,000 employees.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    My check came today... deposited via mobil.

John Hancock can now go ahead and fuck off.
    haha

Instagram had 13 employees when Facebook bought them for a billion. It is still inherently the same product today.

Which begs the question, what the fuck exactly do 86,987 other people do at Meta?

I swear that entire Meta organization could probably get by with fewer than 1000 employees and no one would notice a difference in terms of the actual product. They literally just buy competitors anyway and haven't developed anything on their own for well over 15 years.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Instagram had 13 employees when Facebook bought them for a billion. It is still inherently the same product today.

Which begs the question, what the fuck exactly do 86,987 other people do at Meta?

I swear that entire Meta organization could probably get by with fewer than 1000 employees and no one would notice a difference in terms of the actual product. They literally just buy competitors anyway and haven't developed anything on their own for well over 15 years.
    you can’t be this fucking stupid. Instagram had $0 revenue at acquisition. That’s right, fucking nothing. A bunch of those new people sell ads, support ads, and support the system that makes Facebook money. Lots of money.

Yes, Facebook could get by with nobody if it just fed you brain rotting political rants and gender reveal pictures. But that’s not the product, the product is ads they sell to people

Sure bro, Meta needs 87000 people to sell ads.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Sure bro, Meta needs 87000 people to sell ads.
    it needs them to sell ads, support selling ads, develop the next thing that will sell ads, and keep that talent from developing the next thing that will sell ads that isn’t meta

Anyways, invest away partisan brainworms your counterparts awaits!

I grabbed two shares of AMZN at $89, and two more AAPL at $135 on Friday. I have orders set to grab more tomorrow if prices drop, along with a GOOGL order for two @ $80. I’m going to keep buying as long as prices drop. I’m only grabbing two at a time in case the bottom isn’t in, I can keep this up for a long way down.

Once tech/growth stops falling I’ll probably swing back to high yield again. My dividends/month has stalled at $397 for a bit as I’ve been buying growth plays that don’t pay. Looking forward to the next couple weeks as it’s midstream distributions time, let the shares DRIP in!

15k repos a month. Caravana getting crushed again. Used car prices biggest drop since 2008.

https://twitter.com/InfinitusCap/sta...bJeltlTJN80IRA

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    15k repos a month. Caravana getting crushed again. Used car prices biggest drop since 2008.

https://twitter.com/InfinitusCap/sta...bJeltlTJN80IRA
    Better link on index pricing is here: https://publish.manheim.com/content/...e-index.html#/

cranking down pretty fast.

yay!

Coming down fast, but still a ways to go to get back to normal:

Name:  9B93E4AB-42ED-4FE3-B1EC-BC3F47370699.png
Views: 568
Size:  12.6 KB

Rates up dollar down. Trend change.

Finally over for GME?

Transitory? Currency always leads

CPI under expectations, duration doing well, growth equities helped by this, and spreads tighter. Lower CPI (than consensus expectation) increases the chances the fed starts to pivot. Maybe still 50 in dec. maybe 25. But less pressure on them to continue such hawkishness. And that means less weight pushing the economy into a hard(er) landing. All at the margin obviously.

10y down 24bps already. Get in now if you haven’t already.
    Decisions Decisions

Treasury closed till Monday. Currency and equity free to run.

Big move DXY

AMZN talking more cost cutting. They have extremely high turnover so no big layoffs till after new year.

DJIA back to July 2021 levels.

Worth noting that we had 7.7% inflation in Oct 2022 on top of 6.2% in Oct 2021, meaning prices are more than 14% higher than two years ago.

The market seems to be pricing in a major fed pivot. We'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Worth noting that we had 7.7% inflation in Oct 2022 on top of 6.2% in Oct 2021, meaning prices are more than 14% higher than two years ago.

The market seems to be pricing in a major fed pivot. We'll see....
    Also worth noting that the core CPI was quite a bit less than forecast.