Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Thread 2019

and no opt out. fucking nuts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

In year 4 when he's batting .250, there's gonna be a helluva lot of batteries being tossed into CF.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    In year 4 when he's batting .250, there's gonna be a helluva lot of batteries being tossed into CF.
    This is one of 537,432 battery jokes that will be made in the next 24 hours regarding the signing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This is one of 537,432 battery jokes that will be made in the next 24 hours regarding the signing.

Name:  battery.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  9.6 KB

Nats fans hating life. 13 years until the Nationals win the NL East again. Bad enough losing your franchise player but having him sign with a division rival is an extra kick in the nuts.

it’s great work if you can get it
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

MLB Thread 2019

Apparently Nats offered 10 years for 300, but 100 of it was deferred, with payment until Harper was 60. Bobby Bonilla would have been proud to take that deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0734.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	748.2 KB 
ID:	271856

How fucking rich is Scott Boras? Jesus, he's had a nice piece of maybe a hundred contracts. Fat leech..

And, just shows you how stupid these players are that they don't extend the deal to age 60, or whatever. Dumbasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How fucking rich is Scott Boras? Jesus, he's had a nice piece of maybe a hundred contracts. Fat leach.

And, just shows you how stupid these players are that they don't extend the deal to age 60, or whatever. Dumbasses.
    Why have all that money sitting around losing value due to inflation than investing it and making enough in interest to fuel your hookers and blow habit for the rest of your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Why have all that money sitting around losing value due to inflation than investing it and making enough in interest to fuel your hookers and blow habit for the rest of your life?
    You know, this is why most of America will enter old age with nothing but SS, if even that, the way things are going. Dude, stop and think. With a signature, you can assure yourself of a very substantial income for the rest of your life. More money than you can spend, unless you're one of these sick man children who need five Ferraris and a 50,000 sq ft house to feel whole.

Read the history of how these idiots, and, most aren't that smart, blow these spectacular sums. It's pathetic. Bonilla is living much better than 99% of Americans, and he's an idiot, too. But his agent wasn't .

Fuck pro sports.

Los Doyers apparently offered Harper a forty five million ($45MM), four (4) year deal. I see the thinking here, but, really, I'm glad that they didn't land him. I just don't like him as a player, his hitting abilities notwithstanding.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Bonilla could always call J.G. Wentworth if things get tight.

Love those commercials.

You know, this is why most of America will enter old age with nothing but SS, if even that, the way things are going. Dude, stop and think. With a signature, you can assure yourself of a very substantial income for the rest of your life. More money than you can spend, unless you're one of these sick man children who need five Ferraris and a 50,000 sq ft house to feel whole.

Read the history of how these idiots, and, most aren't that smart, blow these spectacular sums. It's pathetic. Bonilla is living much better than 99% of Americans, and he's an idiot, too. But his agent wasn't .

Fuck pro sports.
    Well, yeah, all financial planning depends on not spending all of your money before retirement.

But why would you ever give the Washington Nationals a $100 mil interest free loan?

For all of us it's just play money, but with 2% inflation, he'd be giving up almost a million a year just in spending power by the end of it, not even considering the compounding interest of an investment he loses out on.

Phillies will regret this. Less so if they win a ship.
    If I am an owner, 5 years probably the most I give anybody. I'd be like the A's, just a little more generous.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Phillies will regret this. Less so if they win a ship.
    If I am an owner, 5 years probably the most I give anybody. I'd be like the A's, just a little more generous.
    It feels like a bet on the National League implementing the DH some time in the next 5 years or so. Harper is going to destroy that ballpark.

Over/under on MVPs Harper wins during this contract? I think you have to set it at 1.5. Betts and Trout are in the AL.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    It feels like a bet on the National League implementing the DH some time in the next 5 years or so. Harper is going to destroy that ballpark.

Over/under on MVPs Harper wins during this contract? I think you have to set it at 1.5. Betts and Trout are in the AL.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    If he puts his mind to it, maybe so, I lack confidence in that,

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    If he puts his mind to it, maybe so, I lack confidence in that,
    I've never gotten the vibe that he just mails it in ever. If anything, I think he went too hard in his early career costing him some injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Well, yeah, all financial planning depends on not spending all of your money before retirement.

But why would you ever give the Washington Nationals a $100 mil interest free loan?

For all of us it's just play money, but with 2% inflation, he'd be giving up almost a million a year just in spending power by the end of it, not even considering the compounding interest of an investment he loses out on.
    Look, the easy answer is, really, how much fucking money do you need? How much can you spend?

But, here, SI has published a few articles like this:
    https://www.si.com/vault/2009/03/23/...letes-go-broke and I'm pretty sure with a little Google you can find much more material. I understand what you're saying. Just "invest" the cash, and watch it grow. But these guys have no clue. As I said, they're dumb jocks, to start , and most come from humble to normal means. What do they know? Then they're perfect prey for investment scams, or stupid shit like, "I'm gonna start a restaurant/bar/or other business I have no idea how to run, and so doesn't my cousin, but he's going to manage it". And, since they're really competitive people, (which is why we're subjected to this "I want more than player X who just signed), they probably find it impossible to sit idly by while their cash just makes 4-5% in a safe mix of stocks, bonds, and maybe RE, like mere mortals are getting. Nope, they're superstars, on top of the world, and they should get a whole lot more. Yup. Countless times that didn't work out too well. Not well at all. After, of course, they built a house big enough to be a hotel and filled the garage with eight cars they'll hardly ever drive. And then there's the wives. Hooboy. NBA dudes have issues with multiple children. Nasty drain on the wallet.

You're thinking like they're thinking, which is, I'm going to be a captain of industry and a star investor after my career is over. No. What do they know? They majored in sports and keg parties.

I had a issue like this in my life. Take a lump sum for my pension, or payments. I took the payments. Oh, I thought I was smart, I could do so much better than those boring pension nerds. But, I got talked out of it, thank God, because that was '07, and we all know what happened in '08. Don't have to worry about anything but inflation, but that ain't and won't happen soon. Gauranteed income.

Eh, just jump into a time machine and check out Manny or Harper in twenty years. Betcha both fucked it up. Happens all the time.

Manny never paid for anything in his life, he's still got his money.

He'd bum two bucks off you for a cup of coffee.

Baseball players seem to avoid buying momma a big house, and the handing out fistfulls of money to their posse's thing a bit better than the NFL players. Well, other than Lenny Dykstra, but he's mentally ill.

Gronk has supposedly never spent a penny he's received from the Patriots, he lives on his endorsements and invests the football paychecks. And people think he's dumb.

I heard that. I wonder how much is true?

I wonder if spending a couple years in the minors eating Cup of Soup and hotdogs might help a baseball player understand the fragility of their situation a bit better. The football guys come out of college having been treated like royalty, then walk straight into a pile of money, and *poof* its gone after a short career.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Baseball players seem to avoid buying momma a big house, and the handing out fistfulls of money to their posse's thing a bit better than the NFL players. Well, other than Lenny Dykstra, but he's mentally ill.
    Ha, Lenny Dykstra. The Bill Johnson of baseball.