Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Me and a friend out on one of those rare EC powder days. It's knee to thigh and getting deeper. My friend was told by his girlfriend to be meet up with her @ noon. Being a good friend, I told him he was a giant pussy for bailing on one of the best days in years. Found out later that she bailed to go back to her house. Didn't tell him, he waited and then bailed 2 -3 hours later. Got back to our (ski) house where there was a message on the answering machine. It was her saying " you know what, all this powder sucks, why don't you just stay out and we'll hook up later. It's always better after a few days anyways".

It must be great to have a girlfriend or wife that gives you permission to go out.
    Not sure if that was sarcasm...but on the odd chance it wasn't, if you are looking for "permission" from your woman to do "whatever"...you're doing it wrong.

And one more little comment...

I love skiing. And at the height of my obsession, I did some crazy things to get my fix. But any man, who would risk missing his own child's birth because he was out skiing on or near the due date, is a total shitstain.

count me amongst the tainted
    my lil boy too!
    the girls seemed to have it covered, so we slayed the shit out of the snow last february!
    b

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Why would you actually want to ski up the mThe first 10 years of skiing she had a "Perfect Record" of never falling.
    Reminds me of something my wife said the other day. After going down in 8" of HEAVY fresh (a rarity round here), she points her skis directly downhill and starts to stand up. When I stop her she replies "i don't know, I never fall anymore". (she doesn't)

An hour later, she ate shit in the parking lot

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    I bet she has no idea how much your bikes cost.
    She does... It took her a year or two to finally understand. She's having a harder time understanding why one would need several different skis. We'll make progress, especially the more she gets into skiing.

I've learned from my father how to walk the gear-women tight rope. For all you dads out their, this is a VERY important lesson

Quote Originally Posted by DickMerkin View Post
    And one more little comment...

I love skiing. And at the height of my obsession, I did some crazy things to get my fix. But any man, who would risk missing his own child's birth because he was out skiing on or near the due date, is a total shitstain.
    Shove it up yer ass DickJerkin

Venting about stupid shit here anonymously and facetiously keeps many of us happily connected to our ladies.

Go tweet pictures of your cock to a 14 year old somewhere...

...and, yes, I can't wait to show the little one everything I love about this world for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvanwinter View Post
    ...and, yes, I can't wait to show the little one everything I love about this world for years to come.
    Ah. Took me a minute.

You're that guy.

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
    I've learned from my father how to walk the gear-women tight rope. For all you dads out their, this is a VERY important lesson
    Please expand upon this. My current strategy is to ask for forgiveness, not permission. which I don't think is sustainable long term.

WHY IS YOUR WHITE COCK HALF THE SIZE OF JONG SLAUGHTERS?
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    Please expand upon this. My current strategy is to ask for forgiveness, not permission. which I don't think is sustainable long term.
    There are several strategies, and I can say that I haven't come close to mastering them. I mostly do what you do. Watching pops has given me some insight, however. He's a space cadet scientist, so if he can do it, most guys can.

First off, don't be a lazy ass. If you work hard, and spend your time at home being helpful instead of smoking weed and watching football, you definitely get some points.

Assuming she contributes (ie works hard, makes money, isn't your trophy wife), don't complain when she buys stupid shit. I had a heart attack when my mother purchased drapes, yes drapes, that didn't even close, yet cost as much as a mountain bike. I asked my dad what the hell was going on, and he said "well, your mother works hard. She doesn't ask for much and these drapes are something she wants". Needless to say, a few months later, his new surf ski showed up on a truck from Miami.

Try to include her. This doesn't always work, and there's a running joke between my mom and my girlfriend about how they get gear for gifts. However, I definitely think it helps you out and if it works out, you get to spend time together doing fun stuff. Yeah, I end up skiing blues with her and riding switch the whole time cuz it isn't the most exciting terrain, or doing wheelies and bunny hopping everything in sight as we cruise mellow single track. But it's awesome to get out with her and it sure beats going to some lame social event or something.

Which beings me to, obviously you might have to go to some lame social events to get some powder coupons.

Make sure you point out the lazy douchebags that her friends date who mostly ditch their gfs for drinking and football and whatnot. It makes you look good. She won't tell you, but she actually likes that you're into something cool. She might complain about your "obsessions", but it's only because women have to complain about something.

Sometimes you have to ask forgiveness and not permission. It happens a lot. There's no winning. "You don't have any other nice shirts?!" Why the fuck would I have more nice shirts when I barely need to wear the ones I have? A few nice shirts is a new pair of skis off gear swap. "I swear, have you owned those jeans since high school?!" Yes, and they still work fine.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. That's the biggest lesson. If you want to ski, hang out with your bros, be lazy and spend all your cash on gear, you might be out of luck. But if you can sacrifice some bullshit, you should easily be able to keep your habits up. Remember, you could be an alcoholic fatass, and that might happen if you can't ski

This ain't new information, but there's my .02

If you're having trouble explaining priorities to your s/o, I suggest sharing with them this link, ive found it to be quite handy: http://www.adventure-journal.com/201...erything-else/

That's some good advice right there!

Now lets get this thread back on track...

I hope we're in the donut hole.
    No dear, we want to be the donut, not the hole.
    Ohhh, be the donut, not the hole, be the donut, not the hole, be the donut not the hole.
    Now you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero View Post
    Shit your gaper wife/girlfriend says

Irul's cock is the shnizzle
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by skiHOG View Post
    "what's a gaper"
    For
    The
    Win

Chicks are dumb but at least they got boobies.

New addition to town, offseason. Snow starts to fly....

"I'm such a good skier! I love skiing pow!"

First big day, December storm...

Tears. Lots of tears. One and done.

Last night: "Hey Honey, I think I'm going to run another 100 mile ultra this year."

Ugh

"OK, I'll ski with you, but you have to go in front, and don't watch me while I catch up."

done
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

“Why do you need another pair of skis?"

"I still liked your Merlin better than the Specialized"

"I was just going to hang out and play with the ratties today. You probably want to go skiing/biking anyway, right?"

"I picked you up some IPA from the liquor store while I was out, but now I see you already have some. Oops!"

"Love you, be careful."
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I took this young lady I am dating skiing last year. I have written about her before. I taught her to ski but other than the occasional trip with me, hasn't really embraced it. Anyway, lucked into a hudge powder day. About 30' into her first run, says she is done and will hit the lodge.

Ooookayyyy...

6 hours later I park the skis and find her surrounded by guys who are nodding their heads appreciatively as she's telling them that the mountain should keep the groomers running when it snows to make it easier on everyone.

"I really don't mind how much you ski, but I wish you spent less time looking at TGR."

"You should go to NZ this summer."

"Of course you should buy a new setup, the old one has like two whole seasons on it."