Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    My friend bought a new pair and had them custom fit at Christy's. She raves about how great of a job they did.
    good to hear.
    any idea what she got done and how much it cost her?

I'm fairly certain she paid about $500 total, including the boots... just gave her a call and left a message, more details are forthcoming. That pales in comparison to some of the other prices being quoted here... so maybe she didn't get high end custom insoles or something?
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

So, sounds like nothing too fancy. Bought a $600 pair of boots and custom fitting comes with the price tag. The whole process took over 2 hours, they had her try on a lot of boots and do various tests. When she found "the one" they heated the liner and did whatever else they do (my knowledge is pretty lacking, snowboarder here) to customize them. She said a custom insole would have been $60, and a custom liner (not the one that came with the boot) would have been $300+. Hope that helps some...
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Superior Ski, which is in Christy's at Snowbird, does nice work and treated me well. Steve Bagley (the owner) or Chris are the guys to get. Be specific about the kind of fit you're looking for so you get the correct shell fit.
    Last edited by cbrpaul; 03-16-2009 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrpaul View Post
    Superior Ski, which is in Christy's at Snowbird, does nice work and treated me well. Steve Bagley (the owner) or Chris are the guys to get. Be specific about the kind of fit you're looking for so you get the correct shell fit.
    i will probably already have boots. any idea how much it would be for some grinding and maybe some footbeds? liners are a little out of my league