Page 165 of 929 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    You read the first tweet in that thread and not the rest. The obesity link is an old story (2017) and tangential to his bigger point that "... a free society reaches the limits of its ability to protect the ignorant and careless from themselves - and what a society cannot do, it can have no duty to do." This is essentially the point you made by saying that we shouldn't feel badly for those who choose to make poor decisions like avoiding the vaccine.
    Ok, just read the thread, and the whole thing just reeks of upper class elite punching down of the Trump voter. The anti vax element is just something he uses to pile on more. If you want to figure out why Trump was elected, and easily could have been elected again, and may very well be elected again, go on listening to the David Frum's of the world, insulting the little people publicly, and never admitting their own now tragic and deadly mistakes. Millions dead after Mission Accomplished, and he still knows better. But, ten to one, at his editor's meetings, and dinner parties, he mingles with other elites who just nod.

I was just saying, fuck em, anybody who doesn't get vaxxed. I have my own life to lead. Now I have a one in ten chance of getting a fairly mild attack if the virus, they can still die with a tube in their throats. Whatever. That's their choice. and, trust me, the anti vaxxers aren't all stupid fat trailer trash Trump voters. Plenty live comfortable, educated lives. The Trump voter, that is. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...working-class/
    And, how about all the upper middle class anti vaxxer mommys who have been at it for a long time before this? Measles baby, still around.

I just read this in the Seattle Times yesterday:
    But in the pregame media session Monday, the subject of vaccinations for players and staff came up for the third consecutive day, and Mariners manager Scott Servais announced there would be nurses on site following the Mariners’ homestand finale against the Dodgers on Tuesday afternoon. Players and staff, who are considered Tier 1, can get their first dose of the vaccine after the game. Tier 1 includes players on the active roster and at the alternate training site, coaches, training staff and select support staff.

In the midst of the conversation there was a noticeable change in Servais’ tone and voice. It wavered a few times as he talked about the importance of receiving the vaccine for overall health but also how it could possibly affect the team if a player tested positive for COVID-19.

There also was more than a strong tinge of hopelessness in his voice, perhaps knowing that the Mariners likely won’t get to the 85% threshold of full vaccination of people in Tier 1 where COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines might be relaxed.

“You have to get to 85% in the Tier 1 group, which includes all the players, coaches, and kind of the traveling party around the team,” he said. “And we are not close to 85% based on initial polling or seeing where players are. So I’m a little concerned. I was hoping it would be closer to the 85%.”
    I'm sure if this is the case on the Mariners it's probably similar throughout baseball and probably pro sports in general. Pretty disappointing that in a team setting like this players and staff would choose to make the selfish decision not to vaccinate, but it's what we're seeing in society at large. Maybe they're all worried about getting the herp.

Doesn't surprise me. Most jocks, no matter how rich and talented, are generally pretty dumb, and, on top of that, baseball players have a long tradition of being slaves to superstition.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Most jocks, no matter how rich and talented, are generally pretty dumb, and, on top of that, baseball players have a long tradition of being slaves to superstition.
    As many have pointed out, though, baseball players haven't really shown a whole lot of concern about putting other potentially dangerous things into their bodies (e.g. greenies, steroids, HGH).

In our county...

A month ago:
    7 day case count - 104
    Positivity - ~10%

Today:
    7 day case count - 9
    Positivity - 1.5%

Just drove an hour outside of Portland to get Pfizer dose 1. To no one's surprise, it's been pretty hard to get an appointment in town since Oregon went general admission on Monday. I feel fine so far, but noticed that I'm no longer visible in mirrors, is that a known side effect? Just as well, this way I don't have to look at my shingles.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Just drove an hour outside of Portland to get Pfizer dose 1. To no one's surprise, it's been pretty hard to get an appointment in town since Oregon went general admission on Monday. I feel fine so far, but noticed that I'm no longer visible in mirrors, is that a known side effect? Just as well, this way I don't have to look at my shingles.
    Still blown away that here in my county now that anyone over 16 can get the jab no one wants it and we are shutting down our mass vax site.

Edit: now that I say that I see the county site has added some dates so maybe they've changed their mind. Ever hopeful I suppose. Might only be 2nd jab clinics as there is no sign up option.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    In our county...

A month ago:
    7 day case count - 104
    Positivity - ~10%

Today:
    7 day case count - 9
    Positivity - 1.5%
    That's awesome. I wish that was the general situation throughout the country. Here in King County we've gone from a rolling average of about 200 new cases per day a month ago to 300 now. And positivity from about 3% to 6% now. Amazing with so many people getting vaccinated that the numbers can still increase so much.

Got my appointment for AZ #1 this afternoon, I'm stoked, oddly felt a wave of optimism wash over me.
    According to one of my bat shit customers I have about 2 years to live since I took the population control vaccine. So in that spirit, I'm selling all my belongings and hitting the cocaine highway in Peru to see if I can make my heart explode.

Fuck Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's awesome. I wish that was the general situation throughout the country. Here in King County we've gone from a rolling average of about 200 new cases per day a month ago to 300 now. And positivity from about 3% to 6% now. Amazing with so many people getting vaccinated that the numbers can still increase so much.
    Could it be related to the variants?

In Ontario the variants are now found in essentially 100% of the positive cases when previously we had been doing reasonably well.

Approximately 50% of us, if tested, would show antibodies to the herpes viruses that cause cold sores/genital sores - meaning our immune systems, at some point in our lives, did a tango with a herpes virus inside our body. 50%.

Look at the person who posted above you. Now look at the person who posted after you.....do the math. Statistically one of you has had herpes virus inside your body. Maybe all three of you.

This does not mean that 50% of people have outbreaks of genital herpes - the story is a lot more complicated than that - and this is not the thread to explain it all.

But given the herpes virus prevalence in society it's not surprising that any vaccine or illness or medication that affects the immune system could also lead to new or repeat resurgence of latent herpes infection.

All the stuff I wrote above is talking about "herpes" as known in society (cold sores and genital sores) - medically herpes is a whole family of viruses (like corona viruses is a family)

Chickenpox is also caused by a herpes virus. Did you have chickenpox as a kid? You got herpes! (medically speaking - not in the common parlance). Younger people today are vaccinated against chickenpox. But if you weren't and you got it the old fashioned way this virus (a herpes virus!) likely lives inside you spinal cord today....I'm not making this up.

And when the time is right (when your immune system is tired or is busy doing something else) this chickenpox virus decides it has an opportunity to party and comes flying out of retirement to cause shingles. So getting covid could also lead to a shingles outbreak. So could getting a covid vaccine. If a patient or a reporter looked into it without a medical background you can see how they might see the story as "this person got the vaccine - then they had a herpes outbreak! This is gonna get some page views!"

Those kinds of headlines also give anti-vaxxers a raging boner as evidenced here.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Agreed, but keep in mind: we're a county of about 18,000 vs 2.2M in King.

I have family in King, Snohomish and Jefferson - some of whom have been unnerved when the single-digit incidence rates have crossed into the double digits. I think Inslee and most of WA has done a great job keeping numbers low, but when family seem to think things are "getting bad" I can only chuckle, sadly, when here in Pitkin we've probably averaged around 70-80 incidence rate over the last 5mo.

But, as funken noted - the numbers are making a nice drop and now we have over 50% of our eligible adults fully vaccinated. From worst in the USA to best-ish!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    She’s an anti-vaxxer ???

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I happened to look at some IG post of hers and she mentioned how glad she was that her and her husband weren't getting the vaccine. How the gubment told her growing up not to experiment with drugs, now they are asking us to take experimental vaccines (drugs in her view)..so she's a hard no.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Agreed, but keep in mind: we're a county of about 18,000 vs 2.2M in King.

I have family in King, Snohomish and Jefferson - some of whom have been unnerved when the single-digit incidence rates have crossed into the double digits. I think Inslee and most of WA has done a great job keeping numbers low, but when family seem to think things are "getting bad" I can only chuckle, sadly, when here in Pitkin we've probably averaged around 70-80 incidence rate over the last 5mo.

But, as funken noted - the numbers are making a nice drop and now we have over 50% of our eligible adults fully vaccinated. From worst in the USA to best-ish!
    I wonder how many folks have had either COVID-19 or the vaccine in your area? it's got to be a big percentage with those sustained high numbers of active cases over that timeframe.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Wow, good thing I LOOOOOVE drugs. Because it made it real easy to get the vaccine. Also, I'm not a fucking moron. That helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Wow, good thing I LOOOOOVE drugs. Because it made it real easy to get the vaccine. Also, I'm not a fucking moron. That helps too.
    Yeah - that latter thing seems to be the issue that a *lot* of people are having with regards to getting the jab.

Vaccines are working in the UK, the US, and also Chile:

Attachment 372352

Meanwhile in India, where someone here argued Covid-19 isn't a problem, cases are doubling every five days. Tens of thousands are dying because hospitals are overwhelmed. The official death toll is rising. The official death toll however undercounts the actual death toll which is at least in excess of 17,000 deaths per day.

https://www.ft.com/content/683914a3-...b-21e0ba1dc403

I just spoke to a business associate and he refuses to get the vaccine. He says the side effects of the vaccine are worse than the side effects of covid 19.
    He also stated the news media is not reporting all the deaths associated with the vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I just spoke to a business associate and he refuses to get the vaccine. He says the side effects of the vaccine are worse than the side effects of covid 19.
    He also stated the news media is not reporting all the deaths associated with the vaccine
    Sometimes it would pay to have a little printed placard of this to whip out:

My father spent 3 days at the hospital last week from COVID + Pneumonia and has been pleading with one of his brothers to get it.
    He continues to refuse, because "There's poison in that needle" and "you can't trust politicians".

Some people just don't get it.

Weeding time.

The polio vaccine worked because they got all the Boomers before they could say no.

There's still a ton of people having unprotected sex with strangers or relative strangers. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Doesn't surprise me. Most jocks, no matter how rich and talented, are generally pretty dumb.
    Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Approximately 50% of us, if tested, would show antibodies to the herpes viruses that cause cold sores/genital sores - meaning our immune systems, at some point in our lives, did a tango with a herpes virus inside our body. 50%.

Look at the person who posted above you. Now look at the person who posted after you.....do the math. Statistically one of you has had herpes virus inside your body. Maybe all three of you.

This does not mean that 50% of people have outbreaks of genital herpes - the story is a lot more complicated than that - and this is not the thread to explain it all.

But given the herpes virus prevalence in society it's not surprising that any vaccine or illness or medication that affects the immune system could also lead to new or repeat resurgence of latent herpes infection.

All the stuff I wrote above is talking about "herpes" as known in society (cold sores and genital sores) - medically herpes is a whole family of viruses (like corona viruses is a family)

Chickenpox is also caused by a herpes virus. Did you have chickenpox as a kid? You got herpes! (medically speaking - not in the common parlance). Younger people today are vaccinated against chickenpox. But if you weren't and you got it the old fashioned way this virus (a herpes virus!) likely lives inside you spinal cord today....I'm not making this up.

And when the time is right (when your immune system is tired or is busy doing something else) this chickenpox virus decides it has an opportunity to party and comes flying out of retirement to cause shingles. So getting covid could also lead to a shingles outbreak. So could getting a covid vaccine. If a patient or a reporter looked into it without a medical background you can see how they might see the story as "this person got the vaccine - then they had a herpes outbreak! This is gonna get some page views!"

Those kinds of headlines also give anti-vaxxers a raging boner as evidenced here.
    The herpes in the Israeli report is zoster, not simplex I or II (cold sores and genital--although I may have I and II backwards). Zoster is the virus that causes chickenpox, lives in the nerves for the rest of your life and often flares up as a painful rash (shingles) in the distribution of a nerve later in life, when your immunity to it has worn off. (It is recommended to get the zoster vaccine at age 50.) The Israeli cases were all women with autoimmune diseases who were likely on drugs that weaken the immune system. Why the vaccine would trigger an outbreak I don't understand, but the issue should be of no concern for someone who doesn't fit the profile of the Israeli cases.

The chickenpox (varicella) vaccine is 25 years old so anyone younger than that has almost certainly never been infected with zoster. If there start to be reports in immune competent people after the covid shots it might be good for people over 25 to get the zoster vaccine before the covid--in my completely inexpert opinion.

naw man you don't get it. covid vaccine gives you herpes. and it gives you covid. I read it somewhere. In here I think.

If he's a client: up your pricing and make up a story about how you have to charge more to compete with the Chinese
    If he's a partner: go find a new one