Page 39 of 261 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Just got a text with the picture below followed by 6000 characters of text detailing why all of these pants and jackets are needed. Softshells, hardshells, hybrid soft/harshells, insulated or not, every combination is there. Then another wall of text came about the color coordination options. Then the trick question: which ones should she get rid of?
    I responded that I was probably not the right person to ask since I have 1 pair of pants, 1 shell, and 1 puffy, and have been using them for 3 seasons with no intention of changing anything. Apparently that was not the right answer and Ms Boissal is now annoyed at me, apparently because my text could be construed as a suggestion that she has too many jackets and pairs of pants.

FML, I should have kept my mouth shut and used her Dynafit pants when mine finally die, she'd never notice and I really like teal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8c31ea00-08cc-4f22-ac8f-daf7af49a201.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	304654

Tell her to start over as TGR says her colorways are so last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Tell her to start over as TGR says her colorways are so last year.
    I'd like to sleep in my own bed tonight so I'm going to ease into that one with a suggestion for less teal for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I'd like to sleep in my own bed tonight so I'm going to ease into that one with a suggestion for less teal for now...
    She’s sure ready for Easter.

Teal is so 2012/2013.

You sure thats Teal?

Seems moar Aquamarine to me.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    You sure thats Teal?

Seems moar Aquamarine to me.
    I was thinking cornflower.

be happy cuz thats nothing ^^ compared to Sharons collection of Acrterxy and Lee never complains
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Teal is so 2012/2013.
    Good.
    So, my Sweet stuff from 2012-13 will be back in vogue this coming season.
    Wonder if they will last until...2025? Like, when teal is going to make a comeback next time..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

So not my wife but our 15 year old clone of my wife:

We order some flatbreads for take out mini wife doesn’t love flatbread ask for a salad, no problem.

Order her a Honey Beet salad which consists of arugula, beets,apples, goat cheese and grapes and some other stuff.

She proceeds to remove all of the beets,apples, goat cheese and grapes, leaving her a bowl of arugula.

Meanwhile we have a shitton of arugula in the fridge. $13 well spent. FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I was thinking cornflower.
    You lose man points just for knowing that's a real color (if it actually is, if not, carry on).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You lose man points just for knowing that's a real color (if it actually is, if not, carry on).
    That was the one that, years ago, kicked off my rage/amusement at what I call “catalog colors.” I think it was in a Patagonia catalog.

And you should just admit up front that you know that’s a color, nttawwt.

It’s Sea Foam.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    So not my wife but our 15 year old clone of my wife:

... mini wife ...
    Yeah that's not completely weird or anything

Just got a text with the picture below followed by 6000 characters of text detailing why all of these pants and jackets are needed. Softshells, hardshells, hybrid soft/harshells, insulated or not, every combination is there. Then another wall of text came about the color coordination options. Then the trick question: which ones should she get rid of?
    I responded that I was probably not the right person to ask since I have 1 pair of pants, 1 shell, and 1 puffy, and have been using them for 3 seasons with no intention of changing anything. Apparently that was not the right answer and Ms Boissal is now annoyed at me, apparently because my text could be construed as a suggestion that she has too many jackets and pairs of pants.

FML, I should have kept my mouth shut and used her Dynafit pants when mine finally die, she'd never notice and I really like teal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8c31ea00-08cc-4f22-ac8f-daf7af49a201.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	304654
    WTF?

Run, man. Run like the wind. Run away!

Uptade: teal/aquamarine/cornflower Patagucci pants are staying along with a new Montain Hardwear shell that isn't in the pile. It's a soothing mauve color at least, I'll submit a pic for review and approval. A couple of layering insulated pieces are also staying. I was really impressed until I was made aware of the real reason for the purge: new boots. Apparently the new tongue in her touring boots is annoying and the buckles are too fiddly. This is happening right as I noticed the dishwasher is leaking and a new computer is on its way cause my old desktop is too shitty (nevermind that there are a couple laptops around). Le sigh...

Not knowing the weight of each item and based solely on color redundancy/aesthetics I would have nixed the bright pink thing (jacket?), one pair of teal/seafoamish pants and the bright turquoise pants on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    It’s Sea Foam.
    He's got it right.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Uptade: teal/aquamarine/cornflower Patagucci pants are staying along with a new Montain Hardwear shell that isn't in the pile. It's a soothing mauve color at least, I'll submit a pic for review and approval. A couple of layering insulated pieces are also staying. I was really impressed until I was made aware of the real reason for the purge: new boots. Apparently the new tongue in her touring boots is annoying and the buckles are too fiddly. This is happening right as I noticed the dishwasher is leaking and a new computer is on its way cause my old desktop is too shitty (nevermind that there are a couple laptops around). Le sigh...
    There was more stuff that wasn't in the pile? Damn.

I never look at the "fiddly" index on the blister reviews. I should start doing that.

I just replaced my dishwasher too. Stupid expensive for an appliance that doesn't last all the long. Sorry man, sucks. I'd much rather buy gear.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

I hope she’s getting a deal bc that looks like at least 3-4 grand in redundant ski outfits.

does she even ski that much?
    skid luxury

does she even ski that much
    The cub talkin' smack.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

nah just curious if I can sneak more ski outfits into my purchases based on ski days
    skid luxury

Well, we know that you like teal, aquamarines, Light blues, and softer greens.

How do you feel about Cornflower?
    ​I am not in your hurry

all you gota know is that black is a slimming color

All them chi-chi tones just make yer ass look fat

but of course really its your fork that makes your ass look fat
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    all you gota know is that black is a slimming color

All them chi-chi tones just make yer ass look fat

but of course really its your fork that makes your ass look fat
    My wife has a sticker on her helmet that says "Does my ass make my skis look fat?" I always thought that was pretty funny.

Especially next to the Dead stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I hope she’s getting a deal bc that looks like at least 3-4 grand in redundant ski outfits.
    does she even ski that much?
    She's constantly tinkering with her layering and ends up spending pretty little compared to what you'd expect since most of the items are bought on the cheap and resold barely used. This particular pile is getting larger than usual, probably lots of summer purchases that are now being looked at carefully. It boggles my mind but as I said, I own one pair of pants, one shell, and one puffy... I tend to think that being a bit cold/wet/hot/sweaty/whatever is to be expected when touring but she's convinced there's an ideal combo out there and she's determined to find it.
    She's probably out touring 30 to 40 days a season and is a lot more interested in dialing the perfect setup than I am.