Page 157 of 321 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 8014
    Anyone heard of these guys? http://bomberski.com/

They wouldn't tell me what kind of wood they use at the popup shop because it's TOP SECRET!

sandman has gotten old.

*Oh yeah, you need a license to take out the DH ski because they can hit 95 mph and can kill someone. MPH!!!!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Hickory, looking like one for the list!
    The waiting for the weather event is making me crazy, we go home tomorrow, after restocking the wood room and going for some XC at Ole's or Blueberry Lake...

But today was MRG Day 4...

Yesterday was too big for an old man, especially banging the hammer down while leading an improptu tour. Consequently, thigh burnout came on me first run after lunch today. Disappointed, but smart enough to make the call. I did get a few pix.

Started on a hopeful note

On my way down made a mark:

After some runs, Lunch beckoned

Went over to LA to see if any pow was lingering...you be the judge

The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44 View Post
    east! The seem pretty decent. My experience with them is still minimal. I was in one of my favorite nordic shops and I saw they had made a pretty big commitment to Scarpa T4s. I tried them on and was totally pumped, but did not have the cash for boots, bindings and boards.

I asked ... if I bought the boots could I borrow the skis for a tour the next day:

http://nyskiblog.com/wide-waxless-backcountry-skis/

One of the guys I was with that day ^ was on Voile Chargers (all the rage on our site now it seems). He was outclimbing me and I was outgliding him.

That pic above was right before my first ski on my own pair. I'm a bit old school and still partial to camber, and the Rossi's have it versus the Chargers.

For touring in boot deep snow they seem really nice.
    Nice writeup, enjoyed the read.

SoVT FTW on Friday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRGB_SNOWBAND1.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	336.1 KB 
ID:	150506

Thursday afternoon/evening will be the shizzle. Friday could just be a first few runs till the shit gets pounded kinda day.

4 degrees below fucking zero at the beach this am. Is this some kind of a sick joke? brutal winter.

rog

Greylock will be sick. There is a good base on the Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Greylock will be sick. There is a good base on the Thunderbolt.
    Oh man.... I want. How busy was it and how'd Sadie do?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

4` with clear blue skies and not even a whisper of wind bob. Incoming storm should be fun with good timing for it to get slayed before the arrival of the holiday crowd.
    Alas I'll be missing it whilst I recover from a back injury. I was moving a sheet of veneer plywood in my shop 2 weeks ago and tweaked an old injury attained from a fall off a ladder and fucked it good last Thursday hitting a rolling grade dip wrong. Percs and vodka help the day pass. Good thing I had scheduled the next 6 weeks off so I am not missing any work. I already miss the powder.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Oh man.... I want. How busy was it and how'd Sadie do?
    I saw 10-12 people, mostly stumbling around on snowshoes with snowboards on backs. Made me feel like Jonathan S. going up. Coverage should be perfect after this next storm.

Sadie is a good ski dog. Whenever we pass people in the BC she comes over to check in with me, which keeps her out of the way of descending skiers. On the way down she stays right behind me. She rushes a bit to keep up with me, so I need to stop a lot or she'll burn herself out. And her paws always hold up well (although crusts will rip up her dewclaws). I didn't do any specific training. Just got lucky with this one.

^^^ Vibes, VTF.

Hope you heal up strong. Maybe some maggot doctor/dentists can write you a script for whatever get Ortiz back on the field every year. Does Big Daddy know a guy?

also, this group of ex-racers should really check this thing out. The NYT digital olympics coverage has been so cool.

http://www.nytimes.com/newsgraphics/...nt-slalom.html
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 02-12-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

PRESTORM STOKE:

The forecast made me a bit excited, so I finally got around to editing stuff from my Silverton trip last spring.

Not much gnar, and no good video from touring, but some nice sunny pow turns at the mountain. They got about a foot of fresh the last night we were there, couldn't have been better timing to see what that place is like!

vibes vtfree, heal up well. Fatbiking was siberia cold this am, but the snow and trails don't get any better. Ultra grip and fast but not too hard. Call it tacky. 5 degrees at the start of the ride and 11 when i got done. the descents were a hoot! Fast

anyone planning to ski tomorrow night to hit the best of this storm?

rog

I saw 10-12 people, mostly stumbling around on snowshoes with snowboards on backs. Made me feel like Jonathan S. going up.
    So very true: using any sort of setup with climbing skins on the Thunderbolt essentially puts you into the equivalent of a rando race gear class.

I've started posted conditions updates in a thread at T4T:
    http://timefortuckerman.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15804

And for those averse to clicking through to another forum, but potentially interested in the March 2 rando race (first-ever 100% backcountry Eastern rando race, and the most vertical also!), here are the images for the preliminary map and course segment overview, with more descriptive text to follow later, as will on-line registration.
    (Note that the March 1 Thunderbolt "down mountain" race essentially consists of two discretely timed segments: #1 ascent in the table, plus #2 descent down to just above my "F" waypoint.)

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post

rog
    yuuuuuup! Just have to get the kids to bed, which will be done in record time (absolutely no fucking around on pow nights, this is serious bidness), then heading out the door to shralp some CT gnar 600 vert ft at a time. Stoked.

If Hickory is in the money again with this storm, Saturday morning is going to be bangin'!

There are some super cheap tix available here (19 left as I post this):

https://www.doubletakeoffers.com/hickory-ski-center

$20 for a full-day valid through the end of March.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

..anyone planning to ski tomorrow night to hit the best of this storm?

rog
    Ayup, down home.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    .... Alas I'll be missing it whilst I recover from a back injury. ... Percs and vodka help the day pass. Good thing I had scheduled the next 6 weeks off so I am not missing any work. I already miss the powder.
    Yipes! Heal well and soon.

I saw 10-12 people, mostly stumbling around on snowshoes with snowboards on backs. Made me feel like Jonathan S. going up. Coverage should be perfect after this next storm.

Sadie is a good ski dog. Whenever we pass people in the BC she comes over to check in with me, which keeps her out of the way of descending skiers. On the way down she stays right behind me. She rushes a bit to keep up with me, so I need to stop a lot or she'll burn herself out. And her paws always hold up well (although crusts will rip up her dewclaws). I didn't do any specific training. Just got lucky with this one.
    Wow... I figured there would be 40-50 people out last Saturday. Sounds great. Sadie is a great dog... nice that she's so aware and stays out of the way. I'm never bringing Otis, tho... as much as he loves to be out with me (and I love him there, too), he likes to herd me on the downhill. I can deal, but it would be bad for any others.

VT-F, that blows! The dentist will be in the cabin Feb. 27, but you may need help sooner? I could probably assist, but I doubt it's as good as the stuff Ortiz gets...

where you thinking?

that bar in rumford!?

Forecast is looking tasty for northern VT!

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    where you thinking?

that bar in rumford!?
    naw unfortunately the female review is tuesday nights. thursday might be at steppin out in jay

that all coulda changed tho. been a long time.

kinda torn about this one. have no interest in schedule juggling if i can't ski in a raging storm, so......

may hafta poach a certain ski area waaay before the lifts open on friday am.

anyone ski on or have tried scott crusades? 15m radius. Yum.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Forecast is looking tasty for northern VT!
    Yup, stay up there. No good skiing south of the MRV, and barely any south of RT2.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    If Hickory is in the money again with this storm, Saturday morning is going to be bangin'!

There are some super cheap tix available here (19 left as I post this):

https://www.doubletakeoffers.com/hickory-ski-center

$20 for a full-day valid through the end of March.

Good looks my man! I'm picking up a pair of those tonight, my better half and I shall indeed be in attendance for this grand event. Platty Friday, Hickory Saturday. I am stoked to check Hickory out man, you've got me so jazzed on that place! I can't wait to nuke my quads from orbit on those pomas.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

DoWork... Looking to complete the Magic Triangle!

If you're trying to keep calm and not over-jones, then do NOT read Josh Fox: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com

You've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    DoWork... Looking to complete the Magic Triangle!

If you're trying to keep calm and not over-jones, then do NOT read Josh Fox: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com

You've been warned.
    MY EYES!!! IT BURNS US!
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan