Page 1068 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... LastLast
Results 26,676 to 26,700 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    You're right.
    Of course I'm right.
    It is a good thing, but it still seems just weird to me. Especially strange that "kids these days" are less rowdy than our generations. That's all I'm sayin'. Always funny when I get into talks with boomers (my parents and in-laws) and they go off about "kids these days" and how bad they supposedly are saying idiocy like "kids are worse than ever these days!"
    Most of the kids I know these days are WAY smarter than we were as teens. And yeah... old folks get all grumpy about "kids these days" just like every generation before them.

Got in some arguments with the MIL about Millenials and their work ethic. I told her that we Gen-X'ers INVENTED that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    My poor wife just ripped her hammie doing wind sprints on the beach during vacation. No surfing for her. Add that to her smashed up forearm from a mtn bike crash a few months ago and breaking a knee cap in half a couple of summers ago on a river trip and it’s been a rough couple years. Feeling for her. Hopefully that’s three and she’s good for a while.
    Maybe keep her inside for a while.

You need the wheels to imitate Ansel
    Name:  f77273604e9a4e3d99d3384feaaae5d7.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  49.9 KB

I'm actually surprised how rarely I see people do this.

Bad sound at music shows annoys me. A divey club with a crap PA and no acoustics to speak of I get. An outdoor show with a fancy sound system I don't. Paul Thorn last night in Reno--too much bass (a common problem), too loud and getting louder as the night went on. Loud enough that the speakers were distorting on the voice. Not the band's fault--they were going direct into the board. And the sound guy wasn't some young kid but at least 50. (Hmm, maybe the guy's half deaf, that would explain it.) I've heard Paul Thorn 3 or 4 times before, inside and outside, always good sound with clear lyrics before.

Water heater pilot light keeps going out, of course right before we head out of town.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

this is annoying, baffling and amusing. neighbors who recently moved in got their house number wrong for a bunch of different pieces of mail - it comes to me. who the fuck does that?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Water heater pilot light keeps going out, of course right before we head out of town.
    Do you need hot water while you’re gone? Turn it off (hit the gas shutoff, too) and deal with it when you get back.
    focus.

Rental cars that lock on their own. When you left the keys inside thinking it was unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Do you need hot water while you’re gone? Turn it off (hit the gas shutoff, too) and deal with it when you get back.
    Obviously. But it's going to suck to come home Sunday after 5 days of camping and not have hot water. Going to call around tomorrow first thing to see if I can get somebody tomorrow.

Internet search says that it's probably a bad thermocoupler, doesn't seem like a large repair.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Youtube and give'r

Thermocoupler?

I’d check the overhead rotary girder first then, failing that, the flux capacitor.

I’m useless.
    I still call it The Jake.

I guess it's not all ball bearings these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Obviously. But it's going to suck to come home Sunday after 5 days of camping and not have hot water. Going to call around tomorrow first thing to see if I can get somebody tomorrow.

Internet search says that it's probably a bad thermocoupler, doesn't seem like a large repair.
    Thermocouple change is a pretty easy job... as long as it’s accessible. Water heater in tight quarters makes it a lot more challenging.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I guess it's not all ball bearings these days.
    Take it to the indy shop of choice for a PPI and send the bill to the Underhillls.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Thermocouple change is a pretty easy job... as long as it’s accessible. Water heater in tight quarters makes it a lot more challenging.
    It's accessible. But I don't know what the fuck I'm doing; in matters like this, my city boy upbringing shines through. YouTube does make it look easy, but not gonna fuck with it, since before tonight I had no idea what a thermo coupler was.

Wait. It’s two words?

I’m with you on this one Danno.

Not my wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    this is annoying, baffling and amusing. neighbors who recently moved in got their house number wrong for a bunch of different pieces of mail - it comes to me. who the fuck does that?
    Use the vibrator/

Fix the thermocoupler. Duh.

People who can't walk away from a non-critical issue and bitch on the internet.

It turned out to not be the TC, I had this guy in and it was this.

Go away. Take a cold shower.

Danno I've done maintenance in my house using youtube and I guarantee I am way less handy than you. Give it a shot. I think i actually replaced a thermocouple and picked one up at Grainger for $5. IT was just a remove and replace, screws and wires. So easy even a caveman can do it.

Give it a go, what's the worst that could happen? Return to a smoldering pile of ash after a 5 day camping trip?

Orange peels left on the top of Mt. Helena annoy me.

^^^^^ people are douche bags.

How’s the broken glass up there these days?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

People who decide that their artistic flair is just what nature needs to be more ‘gram worthy. I am looking at you rock stacker, you over there making inukshuks, fuck you guy starting a “tradition” by hanging a pot at the top of Tea Pot hill! There is absolutely nothing in your little pea brain that is going to improve Mother Nature - and when everyone is doing it, it’s just stupid- stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    People who decide that their artistic flair is just what nature needs to be more ‘gram worthy. I am looking at you rock stacker, you over there making inukshuks, fuck you guy starting a “tradition” by hanging a pot at the top of Tea Pot hill! There is absolutely nothing in your little pea brain that is going to improve Mother Nature - and when everyone is doing it, it’s just stupid- stop it.
    Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Kids.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    ^^^^^ people are douche bags.

How’s the broken glass up there these days?
    Haven't seen any glass. Just the occasional peels and pistachio shells and whatnot. Not a huge deal, but annoying.