Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    It's funny how similar the first year graphics look compared to the current model. Really wished I could have tried an Unleashed 108 in the 186. Not sure it could de-throne the MFree108, but that single sheet of metal and rocker design is intriguing.
    you find the rocker on the 108 intriguing? I was interested to see it and when I got my hands on a pair noticed very little tip rocker and more tail rocker than tip rocker. Doesn't make much sense to me, I'll stay E104, E110, E115

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore View Post
    you find the rocker on the 108 intriguing? I was interested to see it and when I got my hands on a pair noticed very little tip rocker and more tail rocker than tip rocker. Doesn't make much sense to me, I'll stay E104, E110, E115
    That’s kinda my point. It doesn’t seem to be how I’d want a ski to be designed but all the reviews and first hand accounts are that it is a great off piste ski that also handles groomers. Kinda the opposite of the Enforcer 104 yet more playful and energetic than the Enforcer 110. We will see if I get the chance to try them out this winter.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Nordica Enforcers - TGR-Enough for Their Own Thread

I thought the exact same about the Season Aero. The Aero also has very little tip and tail rocker. Camber to both ends. Yet still it skis kind of loose when you want. But grippy. I like it. Interested to see how the Unleashed skis with a similar profile.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 12-18-2022 at 05:00 PM.

I was in Vancouver BC this weekend. The extremely favorable exchange rate and “spirit of KC” overcame me and a pair of 2022 186 Enforcer 100’s followed me home across the border. Weird how that happened.

I was in Vancouver BC this weekend. The extremely favorable exchange rate and “spirit of KC” overcame me and a pair of 2022 186 Enforcer 100’s followed me home across the border. Weird how that happened.
    Isn't it funny how things like that just happens!?!

Thanks for leaving some of those high value greenbacks up here in Van. Enjoy the Enforcer 100s.

I’m close to mounting my 179cm Enforcer 88’s….still shocked I own a ski that skinny. They’re gonna be fast!

Also just picked up a pair of 2023 172cm Enforcer 88s for my wife from Snowcountry.eu. Will look good with red/black Griffons. And means she won’t steal my 179s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9351.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	431190

Name:	IMG_9352.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	431191

Name:	IMG_9353.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	431192

Last edited by kc_7777; 10-25-2022 at 10:21 AM.

Question for you Enforcer gurus… can the 191 E110 charge harder than the 191 E104? I LOVE the E104 in every situation except I’m able to find the speed limit pretty easily. It can get a little twitchy on me when I’m absolutely hauling and I’d like to replace it with something that has a higher top-end. If the E110 (or even the E115) fit that description, I might pull the trigger. Also looking at the 192 M-Free 108 as a possible replacement…

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post
    Question for you Enforcer gurus… can the 191 E110 charge harder than the 191 E104? I LOVE the E104 in every situation except I’m able to find the speed limit pretty easily. It can get a little twitchy on me when I’m absolutely hauling and I’d like to replace it with something that has a higher top-end. If the E110 (or even the E115) fit that description, I might pull the trigger. Also looking at the 192 M-Free 108 as a possible replacement…

I’ll take the bait since I have owned every ski you mentioned in the Big Boy lengths.

The 191 E104 is a great all around ski and it has a fairly high speed limit, but as you point out, a big, strong skier can find it. The 191 E110 is a bit more damp and obviously a better powder ski, but it has a similar speed limit, IMO. The E115 is a heavier stiffer ski and can be pushed harder than the other two, but much is more soft snow specific. I wish Nordica would make the E110 with the slightly bigger turn radius and flex of the E115. That ski would RULE!

I sold my 191 E110 since I got a pair of 192 MFree 108’s and they are just more fun than the Enforcers. They are looser in deep snow and just more dynamic in tight spaces. I’m not 100% sure that the MFree charges hard, though.

I’d recommend a Volkl Katana K108 in the 191. Heck the Katana in a 184 has a significantly higher top end versus the E104. The E104 might have a heavy wood core and a metal laminate construction, but it’s still an Enforcer. You trade the top end stability for versatility.

I’ll take the bait since I have owned every ski you mentioned in the Big Boy lengths.

The 191 E104 is a great all around ski and it has a fairly high speed limit, but as you point out, a big, strong skier can find it. The 191 E110 is a bit more damp and obviously a better powder ski, but it has a similar speed limit, IMO. The E115 is a heavier stiffer ski and can be pushed harder than the other two, but much is more soft snow specific. I wish Nordica would make the E110 with the slightly bigger turn radius and flex of the E115. That ski would RULE!

I sold my 191 E110 since I got a pair of 192 MFree 108’s and they are just more fun than the Enforcers. They are looser in deep snow and just more dynamic in tight spaces. I’m not 100% sure that the MFree charges hard, though.

I’d recommend a Volkl Katana K108 in the 191. Heck the Katana in a 184 has a significantly higher top end versus the E104. The E104 might have a heavy wood core and a metal laminate construction, but it’s still an Enforcer. You trade the top end stability for versatility.
    Do you feel more confident charging on the MF108 compared to the E104/110? Or about the same? I’d still love to have the playfulness and the maneuverability at slower speeds so I’m afraid to pull the trigger on Katanas. I don’t see the word “playful” being used to describe those beasts.

2016 Blizzard Brahma w/ Griffons - 187
    2017 Moment Bibby Pro w/ STH2 16s - 190
    2019 Nordica Enforcer 104 Free w/ STH2 16s - 190
    2019 Line Sick Day 104 w/ Shifts - 186

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersTimbers503 View Post
    Do you feel more confident charging on the MF108 compared to the E104/110? Or about the same? I’d still love to have the playfulness and the maneuverability at slower speeds so I’m afraid to pull the trigger on Katanas. I don’t see the word “playful” being used to describe those beasts.

2016 Blizzard Brahma w/ Griffons - 187
    2017 Moment Bibby Pro w/ STH2 16s - 190
    2019 Nordica Enforcer 104 Free w/ STH2 16s - 190
    2019 Line Sick Day 104 w/ Shifts - 186
    Katanas are NOT playful. That’s fair.

The 192 MFREE 108 is about is close to the “playful charger” with the bias toward playful that I can think of. The 192 is not a “soft” flexing ski. It doesn’t have metal and it has a good amount of camber, but it can be pushed very, very hard. I think it is more composed than the E104 at speed. The E110 is more damp, can be skied in deep snow in a very “loose” style, but the MFREE is looser in the tail and way more fun. The E110 is damp and torsionally stiff, but just not as stable as other skis with two sheets of metal. As I said earlier, that’s kind of an Enforcer trait.

Mind you, I have a ton of skis. I ski the MFREE when it’s soft and I’m skiing in technical terrain or trees. I don’t ski them in low tide conditions. You can, it’s just not their sweet spot, IMO.

Anybody holding 104 Frees in 186 they’re looking to pass on? I’m over my 188 Corvus and their tip dive and demanding performance. I want something a little easier to move around and a little better on lower tide conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Anybody holding 104 Frees in 186 they’re looking to pass on? I’m over my 188 Corvus and their tip dive and demanding performance. I want something a little easier to move around and a little better on lower tide conditions.
    Not selling mine. But they definitely fill the roll you just described. Fun ski for 80% of INW conditions

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Not selling mine. But they definitely fill the roll you just described. Fun ski for 80% of INW conditions
    Sweet, thanks! I’m down to the Deathwish 104 or the Enforcer 104 and the Enforcer seems so much easier to find and a little better at being a jack of all trades.

Had my first day on the Nordica Enforcer 88s.

Impressive ski.

I’m on the 2022 179cm (5’7”, 170 lbs) E88 mounted at +1cm (with raw Pivot 15s). My wife (5’6”, 125 lbs, who rips and said my 177cm M102 was "easy") is on 2023 172cm E88 (with Griffons). She’s mounted at +0.5cm.

Will likely post more on this ski, when I’ve had a few more days on them. Here’s my initial thoughts….

Note this was my 1st day on a sub 90 mm ski in 20 years?

Whistler conditions were no-new snow, with re-frozen crap up in the high alpine. I think it got above 0C up high and then re-froze solid so we stayed lower. There was pretty good snow lower down eg, we skied onto Garby chair all day long. No lines all day. Ptarmigan was the money run….. closed, but partially groomed with 2-3" of man-made pow on it, and the snow guns running all day, and even some soft bumps. We had Ptarmigan to ourselves all day.

PS the new 6-pack Red chair was running and no lines there either.

The E88 skis don’t care if you’re on ice. Or shit snow. Or on decent groomers. Or in bumps. They don’t care cause they can absolutely rip everything. Quick, stable, energetic. Short turns and long turns both worked. Rock solid in a carve, feels great when on edge, yet you can still break the tails free and slide em if you need to. Stupid speeds were achieved regularly and easily. Pretty sure I was scaring people as I could pick a line, and just go through crowds of tourists at mach speeds, as these skis inspire confidence because of their excellent grip and turning ability on ice or hard snow. Holy shit it was a fun day.

The +1cm mount (-7cm) felt right and really good (.....I have a short bsl), as tails still able to release enough at +1cm. Pretty frickin' awesome ski overall. 9.5/10 A+

My wife really liked hers too (she also has a 172cm Santa Ana 104, a 175cm K2 Mindbender 106C and a 177cm Icelantic Maiden 111). We were both instantly comfortable on the E88s from the 1st turn. Might be the only ski I will need under 105mm?

E88 family quiver pic (her 2023s on the left, my 2022s on the right):

Name:	32CD6581-20A7-48AC-B393-FC0375D583D9.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	438822

Last edited by kc_7777; 12-19-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Hell yes!

I spend more time on my 88 Brahma than any other ski in my quiver. A function of where I live sure, but also use them when I travel.

Thanks for the review of the E88.

Picked up friends SA88 from the tuning shop today. Wish I could ski them but way too small.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-18-2022 at 06:08 PM.

I’d love your insight on something if you’d be so kind.

I’m a minimalist and really want to just dial in a 2 ski PNW resort quiver.

My powder and heavy chop ski is dialed in with 191 Billy Goats so super happy about that.

Im looking for my all mountain everything else ski. Right now I’m using the 186 Enforcer 100 to fill this role. I have them mounted on the line with 335 bsl, I’m an aggressive fall line charger type skier, when I hit mild chop I love the stiffness of the Enforcer but I feel the need to lighten up my forward pressure a tad due to not enough ski in front. I don’t like that.

In your professional opinion would you suggest.

1. Get the Enforcer 100 in 191, maybe mount a 1-2 centimeters back?

2. Enforcer 104 in 191.

3. Join the Carrara Marble club and get some MFree 108’s in a 191?

I don’t really care about groomer performance, Alpental is my home mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Had my first day on the Nordica Enforcer 88s.

Impressive ski.

I’m on the 2022 179cm (5’7”, 170 lbs) E88 mounted at +1cm (with Pivot 15s). My wife (5’6”, 125 lbs, who rips and said my 177cm M102 was "easy") is on 2023 172cm E88 (with Griffons). She’s mounted at +0.5cm.

Will likely post more on this ski, when I’ve had a few more days on them. Here’s my initial thoughts….

Note this was my 1st day on a sub 90 mm ski in 20 years?

Whistler conditions were no-new snow, with re-frozen crap up in the high alpine. I think it got above 0C up high and then re-froze solid so we stayed lower. There was pretty good snow lower down eg, we skied onto Garby chair all day long. No lines all day. Ptarmigan was the money run….. closed, but partially groomed with 2-3" of man-made pow on it, and the snow guns running all day, and even some soft bumps. We had Ptarmigan to ourselves all day.

PS the new 6-pack Red chair was running and no lines there either.

The E88 skis don’t care if you’re on ice. Or shit snow. Or on decent groomers. Or in bumps. They don’t care cause they can absolutely rip everything. Quick, stable, energetic. Short turns and long turns both worked. Rock solid in a carve, feels great when on edge, yet you can still break the tails free and slide em if you need to. Stupid speeds were achieved regularly and easily. Pretty sure I was scaring people as I could pick a line, and just go through crowds of tourists at mach speeds, as these skis inspire confidence because of their excellent grip and turning ability on ice or hard snow. Holy shit it was a fun day.

The +1cm mount (-7cm) felt right and really good (.....I have a short bsl), as tails still able to release enough at +1cm. Pretty frickin' awesome ski overall. 9.5/10 A+

My wife really liked hers too (she also has a 172cm Santa Ana 104, a 175cm K2 Mindbender 106C and a 177cm Icelantic Maiden 111). We were both instantly comfortable on the E88s from the 1st turn. Might be the only ski I will need under 105mm?

E88 family quiver pic (her 2023s on the left, my 2022s on the right):

Name:	32CD6581-20A7-48AC-B393-FC0375D583D9.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	438822

Putting the wife on these for Tuesday. Hopefully she feels the same.

No 88s up here. Ran 186 104 Frees for the first time. Damp ski, but too short for me. I always forget how god damn heavy demo bindings are.

Really want to get on the 94/88 in the next few weeks, need to find someone in fernie for demos

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    No 88s up here. Ran 186 104 Frees for the first time. Damp ski, but too short for me. I always forget how god damn heavy demo bindings are.

Really want to get on the 94/88 in the next few weeks, need to find someone in fernie for demos
    I much prefer the 191 104 Free to the 186. Just a little more everything and a slightly larger radius to boot.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I much prefer the 191 104 Free to the 186. Just a little more everything and a slightly larger radius to boot.

Are the 191s ever too much ski? I'm 5'10, 190 and was gravitating towards the 186. Mostly so they're a bit more maneuverable in tight spaces

Quote Originally Posted by ApexSkua View Post
    Are the 191s ever too much ski? I'm 5'10, 190 and was gravitating towards the 186. Mostly so they're a bit more maneuverable in tight spaces
    At your size and weight, you could ski either length. It really depends on the terrain you frequent. Obviously the 186 is a tad easier in tight spaces. When in doubt, err on the side of shorter.

The reality is that the Enforcer 104 Free is a very well-rounded ski that favors versatility and an approachable nature at the expense of top end stability. Moving to the 191 got me a little closer to that desired top end, but the minute the snow gets beat up, the “chink in the armor” of that ski shows up. On nice groomers or anything soft, they are an effortless dream.

Moving to the 191 got me a little closer to that desired top end, but the minute the snow gets beat up, the “chink in the armor” of that ski shows up. On nice groomers or anything soft, they are an effortless dream.
    Okay so it's not just me then. I was honestly expecting it to basically blast through everything and anything but it really didn't agree with end of the day runs. The hunt continues.

Pretty impressed with the 94 in 186. Couldn’t find a speed limit and ate up everything I threw at it with the exception of tip diving in fresh. But I put that down to user error for now haha.

In Louise next weekend so hoping to get on some 88s.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Pretty impressed with the 94 in 186. Couldn’t find a speed limit and ate up everything I threw at it with the exception of tip diving in fresh. But I put that down to user error for now haha.

In Louise next weekend so hoping to get on some 88s.

It’s an amazing ski. Skis up to 6” fine too. Just prefer a more surfy ski once we get there.

Hello, here's my predicament: been skiing the old enforcer 93 in 185 as my only resort ski for four seasons and they are starting to feel quite tired in the tail. Considering the new e100 for a replacement and looking for a bit more stability. I had a second hand Bonafide 183 for a few weeks and really liked them, but I managed to break that ski… E93 has always felt very nimble so I'm not quite sure whether to go for the 186 or 191 e100, as they apparently have a slightly longer rocker profile, but also a stronger tail. Currently my home resort has almost no terrain below the treeline so a lot of open terrain skiing. Any input is appreciated!