Page 17 of 929 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

And let all the underrepresented people out there get Bill Gate’s microchip injections and 5G radiation.

No doubt the virus won't find what it is looking for.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I got mine today. Arms sore but that’s about it. Hopefully that’s the worst of this round.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I’m out

Fuck Bono

And fuck zuck and gates and fauci
    . . .

wife is up next week as a PA. my bet is i’m 6-12 months out as the wfh variety

Wifey (RN on an inpatient, non-elective hospital unit) gets stabbed today. Will report back on if she turns into a zombie.
    I'm in the lowest priority group so still probably summer at best before I can get dosed.

About 24 hours post vaccine. I haven’t grown gills or started craving brains yet. I’d say more localized soreness at the injection site compared to the flu vaccine. No fevers or body aches.

This is pretty awesome to hear that (real) people across the country are actually receiving the vaccine. Gives me hope that we may be turning the corner on this soon.

My wife's vaccination got pushed to next week. Covid unit folks are in the first wave. They are trying to figure out how to stagger the administration due to the possibility of the second round taking folks out of the work force for a couple of days.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Wife is in healthcare but her doc told her to hold off on the initial vaccine until more info is out due to her auto-immune disease. She also said that a protein vaccine would be preferable.
    Luckily/unluckily she has already had the virus so potentially has some immunity built up.

Anyone know when a protein vaccine is coming out? Ugh.

Ms Boissal got hers overnight. She was as pleasant as ever this morning after a rough night shift. No injection site pain or other reaction.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Tomorrow morning 7am. Wife got hers today

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I have a big family reunion in mid-July. For those who have some real insight (and not the bloviators), what do you think my chances of getting vaccinated before that are? I'm not in any special group.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have a big family reunion in mid-July. For those who have some real insight (and not the bloviators), what do you think my chances of getting vaccinated before that are? I'm not in any special group.
    I'd say 50/50. From what I'm seeing, gen pop is supposed to start getting access in June around CO. But that depends on a ton of factors.

Same here, hoping to go to a family gathering end of June. My thought we will still quarantine and get tested beforehand, but all of the family who is older should be vaccinated by then so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Probably a much better chance if y'all moved the reunion back a month. Remember two doses are required for both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, so while you might be able to get the first dose by late June/early July, you probably won't have had the second dose by mid-July.

Yeah, we fly out on July 17th. Can't adjust the date.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My bro-in-law (ER doc) and a bunch of friends who work at one of the local hospitals got poked today.

I am certainly no expert but I have been following the research to some extent and it seems like the first dose does most of the heavy lifting in terms of providing massive protection, so much so that people who know what's going on are questioning whether it wouldn't be better to get everyone the first dose ASAP. Not that it will happen...

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    My bro-in-law (ER doc) and a bunch of friends who work at one of the local hospitals got poked today.

I am certainly no expert but I have been following the research to some extent and it seems like the first dose does most of the heavy lifting in terms of providing massive protection, so much so that people who know what's going on are questioning whether it wouldn't be better to get everyone the first dose ASAP. Not that it will happen...
    Efficacy from the first dose is being reported as about 52%. With the second, 95% after a couple of weeks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/fda-...-concerns.html

Yeah, we fly out on July 17th. Can't adjust the date.
    Depending on who you listen to, you're likely to be okay...maybe....

"The top US infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told Good Morning America in November that he expects "the ordinary citizen" should be able to get a vaccine by April, May or June 2021."

https://www.cnet.com/health/first-us...ou-could-wait/

I'd go with what Fauci says and hope he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Wifey (RN on an inpatient, non-elective hospital unit) gets stabbed today. Will report back on if she turns into a zombie.
    I'm in the lowest priority group so still probably summer at best before I can get dosed.
    Jesus I can tell it’s 2020 and I’ve been completely desensitized to craziness when I can read this and think for a split second that you were saying your wife was literally stabbed at work.

Glad it was with a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Jesus I can tell it’s 2020 and I’ve been completely desensitized to craziness when I can read this and think for a split second that you were saying your wife was literally stabbed at work.

Glad it was with a vaccine.
    Hah! She's on the mom/baby unit in a poor area of town so she does get the occasional nutjob patient (or more likely, nutjob/gang member baby daddy). Fortunately security is pretty good, and the visitor restrictions thanks to covid have cut down on the sketchy visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Efficacy from the first dose is being reported as about 52%. With the second, 95% after a couple of weeks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/fda-...-concerns.html
    Probably not accurate. The 52% pubished by Pfizer represents protection in the interval between administering dose 1 and dose 2 which according to the protocol is 21 days. The problem is that the protective effect of a successful vaccine is limited by the adaptive immune response which generally will take two weeks. So really that 52% refects protection in the first week after adaptation. Notice how the curves below separate at around two weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 4.39.43 PM.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	353404