Friday:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JCC02487.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	306391
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

I'll be there the first half of that week for sure with the wife and grom and might stick around through the 24th after they fly home Tuesday night - unless the skiing is blowing up elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I can't count: I'll be in Aspen the 26-29, skiing the 27, 28 &29 before rolling back West.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Now that the dates are straight I am trying to parse the difference between Hyman Avenues, Highmen, Hymens and Wormholes.

Question for the locals. Doing a month long road trip this winter and will be in Aspen for 4 or 5 days. Looks like I could be there right when X- Games is on, or I could arrive the day they end. I hear the hills besides Buttermilk are actually pretty quiet, but town is kind of chaos. On the other hand, the vibe could be pretty cool. Better to be there during X or wait till it's done? Thanks!

^^^ Not a local but have been there a few times when X-games was going on and assuming you can find lodging that works I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid those dates

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    ^^^ Not a local but have been there a few times when X-games was going on and assuming you can find lodging that works I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid those dates
    Thanks. Have accommodation sorted for the X Games time. Just wasn't sure if I should move it.

You are correct, during Xgames the resorts are relatively uncrowded. Town is a circus especially on Saturday which is good or bad depending on where you are at in life.

Quote Originally Posted by TOLOCOMan View Post
    Thanks. Have accommodation sorted for the X Games time. Just wasn't sure if I should move it.
    You'll be relatively unscathed if you're staying in town and skiing Aspen or Highlands, or if you're staying in Snowmass and skiing a lot of Snowmass. The torture of that weekend is travelling the 6 miles from Brush Creek road to downtown Aspen. Traffic is horrific and buses are packed. Otherwise, usually great skiing!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    You'll be relatively unscathed if you're staying in town and skiing Aspen or Highlands, or if you're staying in Snowmass and skiing a lot of Snowmass. The torture of that weekend is travelling the 6 miles from Brush Creek road to downtown Aspen. Traffic is horrific and buses are packed. Otherwise, usually great skiing!
    Good to know. I was planning on staying down valley a bit and using buses from Brush. Maybe best to avoid if the buses can't keep up with the crowds. Is it bad all 4 days? Sounds like Saturday is the worst?

Thursday evening and Friday Afternoon/evening are bad. Saturday and Sunday from mid-day on. Brush Creek lot is pretty chaotic that whole time.

If you're coming up early on RFTA and going straight to the hill, you'll be ok. They've started doing a better job separating who gets to ride which bus, to keep X game people off the normal town/valley buses as much as possible for commuters and locals sanity.

Awesome. Thanks! Since we would be there early in the morning to ski, it might not be a huge deal. I wasn't sure when we would arrive since we will kind of be following the snow. Sounds like that is still a bigger factor than the x Games. Who knows, even going to an evening event might be fun.

If you haven't been, it's quite the spectacle and cool to be a part of. Just leave before the masses - nothing like waiting 45min for a bus to leave Buttermilk in 5F weather with 100s of drunk friends!

That's kind of what I was thinking. Check out the spectacle at least one night. Sounds like I will need to be drunk too!

I used to take my kids, back in the day, when you could still get really close to the features.

Parking at Tiehack is relatively painless and you get a good view of the venue from the chairlift.

2019/20 Aspen/Roaring Fork Thread

Oh the dry days this week. Guess I will be cursing groomers with the wife on our day off Friday.

Come back Ullr!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I used to take my kids, back in the day, when you could still get really close to the features.

Parking at Tiehack is relatively painless and you get a good view of the venue from the chairlift.
    When is the last time you parked at Tiehack during X!?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Skiing has been so good past few days. I love coming this week of the year. As new terrain opens quickly this time of year. the runs are soft on and off the piste.

P.s. Also any good place in town to get a good Elk burger?

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Skiing has been so good past few days. I love coming this week of the year. As new terrain opens quickly this time of year. the runs are soft on and off the piste.

P.s. Also any good place in town to get a good Elk burger?

Willow Creek?
    I haven't had it there, but only place I remember seeing it on the menu.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Only other place I can remember having game meat is Pinecreek Cookhouse.. which is a trip unto itself.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Oh the dry days this week. Guess I will be cursing groomers with the wife on our day off Friday.

Come back Ullr!

JFC: it’s still pretty dam soft.

Watch for Campground to opening Friday. It’s really deep there and this cold weather should keep the low elevation fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    When is the last time you parked at Tiehack during X!?
    Couple of years, but I’m pretty sure it’s still good to go.

Krabloonik still serves wild game.

Skied Snowmass today and it's still fairly soft out there.

Last edited by Truckee Joe; 06-04-2020 at 11:59 AM.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0038.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	307006

Thievery Corporation at the Belly Up.
    Great show, unbelievable energy.

Cirque should spin today.

It’s been good! The end of this week keeps looking better and better

coming in tomorrow for a quick trip, haven't skied your mountains in 5 years. PUMPED. flying out at 5:00pm friday, so I should catch a good chunk of the storm, but I would not mind if my flight is cancelled until Saturday evening or later.