Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The material appears to be very tough and extremely waterproof, with almost a rubbery feel. You can see the horizontal line underneath the two chest pockets. that's an internal seam, and may end up being an issue if it always has that just folded look. For reference, I'm a hair over 6' and 170lbs. This is a size large

Sweet looking jacket.
    Speaking of Dept of Goods, I'm really hating the new layout BC.com is implementing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

It's back on Steep and Cheap now for $119.99.

Nice Solstice jacket on SAC now

Just bought this Solstice jacket on SAC...hoping it's worth all of $99.99

Just pulled the trigger on the Hi-Fi Hybrid pants on SAC. Will post up a quick review when I get them. They seemed to have a lot.

Received my Solstice Hi-Fi Hybrid and it looks great. Good attention to detail.

However the fit is really weird. I put it on and it felt great, then I noticed the pit zips were open, I zipped them and the coat no longer felt good at all!

With the pit zips zipped, the somewhat rigid waterproof zippers dig into my armpits and it is uncomfortable enough that I don't want to wear the jacket. I don't have that problem with my Arcteryx or Flylow.

I wanted to keep the jacket since it was only $99 and looks great but I think it's getting returned to SAC.

Anyone else having any fit issues?

Quote Originally Posted by PowPowPlatter View Post
    Received my Solstice Hi-Fi Hybrid and it looks great. Good attention to detail.

However the fit is really weird. I put it on and it felt great, then I noticed the pit zips were open, I zipped them and the coat no longer felt good at all!

With the pit zips zipped, the somewhat rigid waterproof zippers dig into my armpits and it is uncomfortable enough that I don't want to wear the jacket. I don't have that problem with my Arcteryx or Flylow.

I wanted to keep the jacket since it was only $99 and looks great but I think it's getting returned to SAC.

Anyone else having any fit issues?
    I tried it on today too and the fit was good, after reading your comment about the pit zips, I remembered mine came open too. The fit is just okay with them zipped up and I see that it could be a problem for some as there is relative volume issue there. Jacket will work for me though. Got a large and I can squeeze into some medium jackets so that's probably a factor.

Still wear Solstice my microshed bibs I purchased in the fall of 1996. They have been by far the best ski pants I have ever owened. I swaped them out for Mountain Hardwared a few years ago and they did not last, so I took them back out of the closet. I wondered if their demise had happend since I was looking for them for quite a while today on the net for another purchase. I did find some solstice pants at backcountry.com for about 60% off I purchased today. If they are made as well as the prior bibs no way I could go wrong.

I am thinking of using some Christmas cash on an inexpensive shell. Any recent purchasers of this line have any usage reports of quality over time?

I just picked up the hi-fi hybrid on SAC, which is down to $87.99. Here is a brief article on the company from 2007: http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...5/story10.html

And another from 2009 showing that the purchase by the Taiwanese buyer in 2007 apparently didn't turn them around as hoped: https://www.snewsnet.com/cgi-bin/sne...96.251.145.137

Too bad to see a quality indie label disappear.

wish i'd grabbed more solstice gear back in the day. i have a fleece i wear just about every day (except summer), often use as ski
    layer...it's gotta be 10+ years old...
    and it just won't wear out.
    meanwhile i've had so many zippers, seams, pockets and materials fail on gear i've used far less.
    sad to see they are no more.