Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    But really, who cares who gets picked when?

Unless you're working for an NFL team and need to play wargames to test different scenarios of where a player might fall and adjust your strategy accordingly its really kind of silly to do(or pay attention to) mock drafts
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Someone care to explain why ESPN is the only program in the history of television to show the résumés of every analyst that speaks into the microphone? I can't for the life of me fathom a situation in some board room where some nerdy non-athletic fuckhead suggests it would be great for the audience to see how credible its people are.

"OHH OHH OHH!!

John Kruk resume:
    - fatter than Chris Berman and equally annoying
    - gobbles Tim Kurkijanasnasdfasdf's cock
    - career 754 hits"

I don't know if this has already been said, but I have recently started hating ESPN for such poor performance in streaming the world cup. Univision is far better.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Dan Brenkus should host info-mercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    I don't know if this has already been said, but I have recently started hating ESPN for such poor performance in streaming the world cup. Univision is far better.
    it's free. and it's soccer. two reasons you shouldn't give a fuck.

edit to throw some devils in here since it's number 1,666.

hatred peaked for me on the matchcasts for the World cup
    they are awful
    a lot of us cant watch the games, but match cast always did well for the champions league matches.
    but the guys they brought on for the WC all think they are Bill fucking Simmons and spend too much time being funny and not enough on what is actually going on on the field.
    I go to SI or NYT now when at work
    stoked US is playing tomorrow and next Fri after I am out
    (positive thinking)

haha... watching sportscenter as I read this. It is baseball season so sportscenter is officially the worst show on television. I just turned it on to hopefully see some world cup recaps. Apparently I was asking too much, the largest sporting event on the planet is not even covered? About to turn on the ps3 and play some cod!

There needs to be a sports station that plays nothing but waterpolo, rugby, lacrosse, hockey, and soccer... for those of us that enjoy real sports. I don't mind basketball but us Americans have a horrible taste is sports. football, baseball, nascar... WTF
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

All the coverage they give of nascar and how they give none to indycar

Any bets on how long Lebron will be the top story on ESPN.com? I'm guessing until he actually signs, which could be weeks- and only then will they replace him with Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Any bets on how long Lebron will be the top story on ESPN.com? I'm guessing until he actually signs, which could be weeks- and only then will they replace him with Favre.
    I was listening to Cowherd yesterday and he said Lebron won't go to NYC because of the media and how protective he is over his mother. Then kept referring to the story he "couldn't report at the network" and to check the internet. Which I thought was pretty fgood. Wouldn't it be nice to see Bob Levy do an outside the lines on delonte West banging Lebron's mom?

I will give ESPN some props on the 30 for 30 series, some have been pretty interesting.

This ^^^ FTW.
    I still call it The Jake.

Any bets on how long Lebron will be the top story on ESPN.com? I'm guessing until he actually signs, which could be weeks- .
    not to *shudder* defind ESPN, but it iis the top sports story of the day, unless you are huge into women's tennis.
    the World Cup has a day off, baseball is damn near mid season, surprises aren't surprises andymore and its July baseball, a lot of teams are off. the NFL is forever away, what should be the lead story today?
    Coverage will be over the top for sure, but lead story time will end tomorrow until he signs or is about to..

The fact that Jim Rome is on any station, let alone ESPN will have me shutting of my TV. I loved it when Jim Everett bitch slapped him out of his chair a few years ago for calling him Chris Everett.

WILBON!!!!!! SUCK A NUT!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach Looney View Post
    The non-stop Brett Favre dick-sucking, which will now commence in full force. He's baa-aaaack!
    Creepy, your original post was exactly to the day that Favre returned this year. Go buy a lotto ticket.

I feel like ESPN over-markets everything and anything, making it into a huge deal. It's exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    I feel like ESPN over-markets everything and anything, making it into a huge deal. It's exhausting.
    Welcome to America sidewall.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

ESPN is a tad annoying however they aren't dumb. They give attention to things that move their meter. LeBron and Favre provide huge ratings so they spend a ton of time on it. Tiger does the same thing so they talk about him alot. All about ratings and money. Overall, without ESPN we wouldn't have anything so I'll take it...a world with ESPN is better than a world without...IMO
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

the number of oompa loompas with unnatural orange glows. its like fucking jersey shore

Its just another 24 hr news cycle result. Eventually, ESPN will go the way of MTV, CNN, Faux, ect
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    Its just another 24 hr news cycle result. Eventually, ESPN will go the way of MTV, CNN, Faux, ect
    Eventually?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Eventually?
    ESPN still has sports. Does MTV actually have any music?

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    I dunno... when sports are being played, there is usually something on.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Overall, without ESPN we wouldn't have anything so I'll take it...a world with ESPN is better than a world without...IMO
    Not true. Watch MLB Network for baseball coverage- your concept of good coverage for sports will do a 180.

sucks you americans don't get The Score... actually have funny people and hockey comes first

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lSZ_sbFCZI"]YouTube- Cabbie on the Street - Hockey Sticks[/nomedia]