Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^ interesting plot twist. Heal up!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heal up. I say price just went up- throw em +$50 🤙🏼 solid

wow... did that actually just happen? Amazing... Free bump for some wicked skis and a seemingly wicked dude!

Skis, bindings AND a kidney?
    That’s quite the package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Sorry, I didn't pick these up on KSL a couple weeks ago, and I honestly can't remember what I paid for them. Happy to dig thru my Venmo and PayPal history to try and figure out what I did pay for them, if it would appease the crowd of pitchfork-wielding masses?

If you'd like an alibi for the past few weeks, I just donated a goddamn kidney to a stranger and I've been laid up with a heating pad in incredible discomfort, which is partially why I'm selling these - I won't be able to ski for a minute, and I want someone else to use them.

Happy to send you pics of the scar, or my hospital discharge paperwork maybe? Perhaps you'd like my other kidney as well?
    kudos on this, wow!

anyhow, not trying to be a dick either, but this is my old pair of skis (1 of 1 custom I designed myself while I was at DPS) and I passed them along to a friend last year. I mounted the G3 bindings for the person you bought them from off KSL. Maybe it was a month or two ago. But I do know what you paid for them, as I asked the seller when this thread was first posted

cheers and good luck.

dibs on the second kidney.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    kudos on this, wow!

anyhow, not trying to be a dick either, but this is my old pair of skis (1 of 1 custom I designed myself while I was at DPS) and I passed them along to a friend last year. I mounted the G3 bindings for the person you bought them from off KSL. Maybe it was a month or two ago. But I do know what you paid for them, as I asked the seller when this thread was first posted

cheers and good luck.
    Somehow I accidentally deleted my last post, my bad. I suck at forums.

There may be a misunderstanding here, as the guy I bought these from told me a completely different story as to their origin. He said that he BOUGHT them with tele binders on, and had them mounted with brand new g3's at Level9 sports. He also told me that they were the last pre-production Spoon 150's, but it sounds like that may not be the case?

As for price, I honestly can't remember but I think I paid $350 for the skis and $50 for the skins.

And really, if you think I'm trying to make a profit here or rip someone off or whatever, if you'd prefer to donate my asking price to the National Kidney Foundation (or whatever these are worth to you - www.kidney.org/support), I'll give these away. Not out to make money here - I could certainly use the dough, but there are things that matter more. I want someone to ski these things since I can't.

Personally, I think you can price those at whatever you want. If you were given skis as a gift, there are no rules saying you can't sell them, but instead have to give them away.

Hope your recovery goes well and you get back on skis soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Personally, I think you can price those at whatever you want. If you were given skis as a gift, there are no rules saying you can't sell them, but instead have to give them away.
    I paid for them, but I'm genuinely not trying to make big money here.

Hope your recovery goes well and you get back on skis soon!
    Thanks! Getting better every day. No more pain meds, and I'm able to go on easy hikes now, too. I was selfishly hoping for a dry December, but just because I can't be having fun doesn't mean y'all shouldn't have fun on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Sorry, forgot to include pictures of the rest of the package deal.

Name:  signal-2019-11-14-113943 (1).jpg
Views: 470
Size:  104.6 KB

Identical to this one except it's the right-side of it. In excellent shape, low miles, one previous mount/one previous owner. Some damage from various drugs, but nothing serious.

Good lord. The price they are at is a killer deal in my eyes. If they were stupid high I get the price shaming, but alas.
    Well done on the kidney donation and wish you a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Just don't post the kidney for sale in gear swap for any more than you paid for it.

It's a used kidney anyway... how many times has it been drilled? Inserts for easy remounting?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

WTS Feeler: DPS Spoon 150's with G3 Ions

Dang man, hope ya heal up quick.

This thread has some great twists and turns! These are the days of our lives...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Props OP, and pretty good price IMO. Who is this Marshal Olson JONG anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Props OP, and pretty good price IMO. Who is this Marshal Olson JONG anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I always forget that sarcasm translates very poorly on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I paid for them, but I'm genuinely not trying to make big money here.

Thanks.
    No price police here. Actually a serious buyer.

Glad they were sold at a profit to you, and no objection to your getting what you can.

These are actually real unicorn skis that uniquely (as in only pair in the world) combine the best rocker profile, laminates, core material, damping materials, and flex pattern from all the different iterations of spoon into a single pair.

In the spirit of transparency, I am willing to pay $450 local pickup. If someone wants em and can pay more, please do. Just the best I can do.

Want so bad. Need? Not at all

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Woah that was a ride

Would you be willing to sell the kidneys flat without the skis/bindings?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

To the top! I still have these guys, and there's a decent sized storm coming into the Wasatch. Lots of interest but no takers. Come pick them up before I decide to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Would you be willing to sell the kidneys flat without the skis/bindings?
    Kidders are all gone, sorry. I did have a brief scare when my surgical site started to open up while skinning around Grizzly Gulch the other day - I noticed it when there was some blood spotting on the inside of my baselayer.

tg,

Who gives a squirt of piss if you got them for free. Ask what you want and if it's too much you'll hear about it, if not, they'll sell. If you were smart and picked them up at a smok'n price where you make a few $ and still get'm sold then good on ya. We all come across good deals now and then, and if they sell here to one of us cheap bastards then you know you weren't asking too much. Don't remember reading any rules in a sticky saying that we can never ask more than we paid. And lastly, no need for documents, I believe you and tip my hat to you for doing it.