Page 1577 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 ... LastLast
Results 39,401 to 39,425 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, hand her a 20 your change would've been five singles with correct coins.
    I wouldn't bet on it. I've gotten fives back from bartenders more then a few times and thought, "WTF? Do you really expect a $5 tip on a $5 beer, or are you just not thinking enough to give me five ones so I can hand two back?"

Even better when the beer is $4.75. If you want more then the quarter, please give me singles. And maybe tell your manager to raise the beer price 50 cents.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Hadn't considered the tip angle. But I had already dropped a couple of singles into the tip bowl.

Yeah, I remember having change figured out somewhere around third / fourth grade. Sales tax, too.

Pretty sure we had learned basic decimals / fractions by then.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Even better when the beer is $4.75. If you want more then the quarter, please give me singles. And maybe tell your manager to raise the beer price 50 cents.
    Yeah, that's a huge fail all around. There's a drive thru coffee place I frequent that has a similarly bad pricing scheme. Hand them a 10 for two drinks and the tip is only about 50 cents. They literally work for tips. The owner should know that.

I wouldn't bet on it. I've gotten fives back from bartenders more then a few times and thought, "WTF? Do you really expect a $5 tip on a $5 beer, or are you just not thinking enough to give me five ones so I can hand two back?"

My favorite local mexican is a drive thru place. Used to be able to give them a $10 and the price of a burrito returned just the right amount for a tip. Now it comes out to .30-.50 depending on order, so I've been throwing in whatever spare change is in the console since I seldom have 1's.

I hate cash. CC got hacked last month and I was waiting on the replacement, so have been using cash since Labor Day. Pretty sure the only time I've got correct change has been at self checkout.

The other night change was $0.88, took forever for him to count it. Later when I was filling the change trays in the console I realized he gave me $1.18

I always tip takeout but what's the consensus on percentage? I tip 20% when I have full service but for takeout, the only thing the "server" does is take my money and hand me a bag of food. If I think about it, I generally tip 10% for takeout if there's a tip jar but not all the time; sometimes less, never more. It depends on my $1 supply and if I've been to a strip club lately.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Riser..I’ll assume you checked Burlington Subaru? I got my daughters Impreza there…(albeit last year). The guy I worked with was really good to work with…(if u wanted a name?).
    There's a new dealership in my town. They were cheaper by a bunch and had a car coming in much sooner that I could put money down on and claim as my own. Burlington Subaru couldn't even do that because their next one didn't have a VIN yet. Some of it was just timing. Some of it was saving a few $K. And now I can get service 7 minutes from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I always tip takeout but what's the consensus on percentage? I tip 20% when I have full service but for takeout, the only thing the "server" does is take my money and hand me a bag of food. If I think about it, I generally tip 10% for takeout if there's a tip jar but not all the time; sometimes less, never more. It depends on my $1 supply and if I've been to a strip club lately.
    I vacillate between “pay your people a fair wage, there is nothing here to tip for” and “this poor kid is the subject of my concern, but shouldn’t be the victim of it.” It’s a circle….
    focus.

Just looked at ticket prices to NFL games. Well that was a sticker shock. $250 for nosebleeds? Who the fuck is paying that? Games are almost sold out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Just looked at ticket prices to NFL games. Well that was a sticker shock. $250 for nosebleeds? Who the fuck is paying that? Games are almost sold out too.
    Those are the walkup prices for non-locals. They want you to instead purchase a pass for the season, an Epic pass if you will. Then they'd be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I vacillate between “pay your people a fair wage, there is nothing here to tip for” and “this poor kid is the subject of my concern, but shouldn’t be the victim of it.” It’s a circle….
    Definitely this.

i agree with mr. pink...

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Those are the walkup prices for non-locals. They want you to instead purchase a pass for the season, an Epic pass if you will. Then they'd be cheaper.
    Fuck that shit. At least I can watch it on TV for free

This belongs in the things that amuse me thread but since we’re talking change here: I just made a purchase at a 7-11 for $5.17. I handed him a 10 dollar bill. He got the coins right but handed me back a 10 and 4 1s. I figured I could use some good karma so I told him what he did.

Can we just say that clime change deniers are annoying? I have a few friends who believe it's all a hoax. One big conspiracy theory to reduce your standard of living.

If the service was decent I'll give them a look and ask for singles, if it was mediocre I'll just leave the change and turn away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Strip clubs in SOVT? I just can't wrap my head around tipping for takeout, even after all the COVID shit, so I'll round up plus $1 or 2 but not always depending on service.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Strip clubs in SOVT?
    LOL. Montreal...

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Can we just say that clime change deniers are annoying? I have a few friends who believe it's all a hoax. One big conspiracy theory to reduce your standard of living.
    We can say it, but not in this thread.

Getting a surprise late-notice from the IRS, despite *all* evidence pointing to the fact that I paid my bill on-time.

I suspect this ought to be fun getting sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Getting a surprise late-notice from the IRS, despite *all* evidence pointing to the fact that I paid my bill on-time.

I suspect this ought to be fun getting sorted out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Stopping on the side of the highway 4 hours from home to take a leak and this guy runs up to my open door and jumps in the car. Obviously dumped and desperate for a human. He has drank a liter of water and is now sleeping and farting next to my car while I wait for the Humane Society to call me back. People are fucking assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Worked out well, after waiting on hold for 90m. I'll consider it a win for the week.

Someone drove into the front of the post office. It’s closed, been closed for days. No one knows when it will reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Stopping on the side of the highway 4 hours from home to take a leak and this guy runs up to my open door and jumps in the car. Obviously dumped and desperate for a human. He has drank a liter of water and is now sleeping and farting next to my car while I wait for the Humane Society to call me back. People are fucking assholes.
    Looks like a good dog that deserves a loving home, mad props for doing a small part 👍

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Looks like a good dog that deserves a loving home, mad props for doing a small part ��
    Seconded. You may have saved this dog's life!

Please try to find a no kill shelter for him.