Page 75 of 227 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 5668
    Anyone from the Bay looking for a ride share for day trips this year? The wife is prego (1st one!) so she won't be making it up at all this year. I've got a pass at the Heave but we're looking into getting a refund given the circumstances.

In case you're wondering I'm 5'10", brown eyes, brown hair, and clean shaven!

^^ I'd be interested in meeting up with you if you were headed to either Alpine or Kirkwood.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

pm sent (commence bromance)

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Today at Kirkwood....it was really good.

Yes, it was.

Also, Punani is a fine looking slut, I mean manwhore.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_CA View Post
    I've got a pass at the Heave but we're looking into getting a refund given the circumstances.
    They might throw you a couple rubbers, but a refund...
    Goodluck.

I like that Punani has finally bought fat skis.

My sister and her husband are coming up from Oakland to ski on Sat--can anyone recommend where we should rent them gear, and how/if it's possible to get discounted tickets for Heavenly? I and my SO have passes, so we haven't looked into the day ticket deals.

thanks.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

This is what happens when you smear turn into rock. Note the 997-shaped incision.

666, my workers comp lawyers will be calling your people.

Quote Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
    They might throw you a couple rubbers, but a refund...
    Goodluck.
    They actually have a program for giving a credit to pass holders that can't ski/ride for medical reasons. I would be fine with a rain check but corporate told me it would be a refund. After talking to them I'm confident she'll get one with a note from the doctor. It may be a reach for me to get one too but it won't hurt to try. For as rigid as you would expect Vail Resorts to be they've been pretty laid back and reasonable in all the years we've had passes.

They can keep the rubbers...I won't be needing those for a while.

Anybody know why Mott Chair has been down for the last several days?

Quote Originally Posted by bullhorn View Post
    Anybody know why Mott Chair has been down for the last several days?
    Probably lack of coverage. It was OK when they opened it, but now that it's all been skied off, it's pretty sketchy.

Stop posting pictures of your butt on the internet SuPu.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Stop posting pictures of your butt on the internet SuPu.
    Cue O G R E appearance in 5.... 4.... 3... 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Rainbow Steeze

Quote Originally Posted by Raps View Post
    Who's all gonna be at KW this weekend?...Trew top and bottom grey and black
    Grey & black!!!
    Dude you're gonna have to work on your wardrobe...
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Just follow the rainbow to the secret stash....
    If me, Cinders, Miq & James can find us some bright pants, we'll be joining the throng at the Wood on Saturday

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Homewood was super epic yesterday. Haven't been able to get to anywhere else yet. I really need to make the trip to alpine though.

On a side note, does anyone who knows how to mount skis around Tahoe city want to mount my skis and bend my FKS brakes for beer?
    My drinking buddies say i have a skiing problem...

Hooked up with StormDay, MissStormDay, and friend at Alpine yesterday, had a blast. Conditions were once again fresh powder, though it was a little bit heavier than the previous days accumulation. Mountain definitely felt more crowded than Squaw from the previous two days (perhaps I should have swapped the days judging from SD's account of fresh turns all Tuesday).

For whatever reason yesterday I started noticing all the unofficialpine.com stickers that were plastered all over chairs and railings.

I've still got to sift through the 90GB of (slightly fuzzy and probably shaky; stupid mount!) helmet cam footage I took (from my past 8 ski days) but, I did find this gem that I'm sure StormDay will recall:

It's a shame Vimeo can't retain the 720p60fps goodness. The video looks so smooth on my computer.

The paint drippa, ice in my range glitta...

2k vertikal diamonds drip droppin.
    Plein feu.

white boy discussion of descent tactics here:
    http://www.thebackcountry.net/bb/vie...hp?p=4750#4750

Quote Originally Posted by DHogg View Post
    On a side note, does anyone who knows how to mount skis around Tahoe city want to mount my skis and bend my FKS brakes for beer?
    Bending FKS brakes is probably the biggest PITA of anything a tech will do for you. That might cost you more than beer.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Grey & black!!!
    Dude you're gonna have to work on your wardrobe...

If me, Cinders, Miq & James can find us some bright pants, we'll be joining the throng at the Wood on Saturday
    Hahaha yes I know......I don't have the Cali steeze yet......I will keep my eyes peeled for the rainbow this weekend.....

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    I've still got to sift through the 90GB of (slightly fuzzy and probably shaky; stupid mount!) helmet cam footage I took (from my past 8 ski days) but, I did find this gem that I'm sure StormDay will recall:
    That was pretty fun run. Just do not show how to get there.

Today was another sweet one at Alpine. Hit Estelle shortly after patrol opened it this afternoon. Another sweet untracked Estelle to Pond Slope run. Big smiles on our faces walking back to the base.

MrsStormDay and I also got some nice smooth wind deposited snow on SouthFace in the morning. Gentains was in good shape for the day after with a little wind deposit smoothing some things out.

Patrol had High T and Beaver/Estelle closed in the morning. Patrol was bombing both in the morning. High T and Beaver/Estelle opened in the early afternoon. There are probably plenty of untracked lines left.

Today was the 13th day in a row. It was a pretty nice 2 weeks of skiing. Given the forecast and lack of dev team tomorrow, we are probably driving back tomorrow.

But, I'm back up Thursday afternoon with my dad and daughters. For 3 generations of StormDays skiing together.

(Note: My dad is the reason I like skiing some much in storms/bad weather. Because we always went out and made the best of it regardless of how nasty it was. It was usually a pretty good time.)

Quote Originally Posted by StormDay View Post
    Today was the 13th day in a row. It was a pretty nice 2 weeks of skiing. Given the forecast and lack of dev team tomorrow, we are probably driving back tomorrow.
    Ditto for me StormDay. My legs were feeling it today. Since I don't have to make a long drive, I am pushing all of the way to 16 days. Not looking forward to going back to work one bit next Monday!
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    For whatever reason yesterday I started noticing all the unofficialpine.com stickers that were plastered all over chairs and railings.
    Oh gawd. I hope you don't view that as a bad thing. For the record, I have not added one this year yet.

Great little helmet cam shot makes me hungry for powder again.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

My helmet cam footage from Kirkwood - 12.30.09. Just some tree skiing action. What a great December it has been.

I nearly eat bark 24 seconds in.

Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Oh gawd. I hope you don't view that as a bad thing. For the record, I have not added one this year yet.
    I have no problem with guerilla marketing.

I was just on the Scott chair with some gaper couple who pointed it out: "unofficialalpine.com, must be some sort of website". Yeah as if the dot com didn't give it away. Then after that I started noticing them in other spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    My helmet cam footage from Kirkwood - 12.30.09. Just some tree skiing action. What a great December it has been.

I nearly eat bark 24 seconds in.
    very nice.

made me really want to take the Lhasa Pows out. Wait, I have been taking them out.