Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1663
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    Skied off Tenpeak and Glacier Peak last weekend.

What approach did you use for Glacier? Did they fix the bridge on the logging road?

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    What approach did you use for Glacier? Did they fix the bridge on the logging road?
    Sloan Creek TH, not sure which bridge you're referring to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    We went up the North Fork Sauk Trail, road was repaired a long time ago if I remember right. Tenpeak is definitely a worthy side trip if in the GP area - a few photos:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    We went up the North Fork Sauk Trail, road was repaired a long time ago if I remember right. Tenpeak is definitely a worthy side trip if in the GP area - a few photos:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I was thinking of the white chuck bridge.

Have a WA DOT related question. Is anyone aware of how they treat the pass roads in snow around here? Are you experiencing more than usual underbody rust on your vehicle?

Have my ‘15 suv in the shop to get new struts, brakes, & transmission service at 75k. It’s been my steady ride up to Stevens with 40ish trips a year and additional local resort days sprinkled in. The shop (I trust) is telling me my underbody reminds him of a east coast car. They’ve had a helleva time breaking free seized bolts etc. Showed me while on lift... disappointing.
    Anyone have some maneuvers that limit exposure? Does it come down to power washing underbody very frequently?

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Have a WA DOT related question. Is anyone aware of how they treat the pass roads in snow around here? Are you experiencing more than usual underbody rust on your vehicle?

Have my ‘15 suv in the shop to get new struts, brakes, & transmission service at 75k. It’s been my steady ride up to Stevens with 40ish trips a year and additional local resort days sprinkled in. The shop (I trust) is telling me my underbody reminds him of a east coast car. They’ve had a helleva time breaking free seized bolts etc. Showed me while on lift... disappointing.
    Anyone have some maneuvers that limit exposure? Does it come down to power washing underbody very frequently?
    They have been treating the roads for some time with a corrosive product
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	288899
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    They have been treating the roads for some time with a corrosive product
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	288899
    SOB. I guess it’s a safety trade off vs vehicle longevity/repairs. It is, what it is.
    Still makes me want to pee in WSDOT lawn

Bobby with the tips. I like - will do. Thanks
    Hope you and your fam are having a great summer

My Ohio car, a Subaru SVX was just fixed and a test drive showed me how corrosive their winter road treatments are. Rolled the window half way down while going fast and the sunroof blew off. The tray it sits in was totally rusted out. Funny that most everything else isn't decayed or corroded, just the sunroof pan where the road salt/water sat and didn't drain out. It was fatal to my sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post

Look into fluid film or woolwax. Buy a harbor freight HVLP sprayer and a gallon of either and go to town before ski season. Reapply potentially mid Winter then do a hot water power wash at the end of the season. It's a suspended wax/oil stuff that protects the undercarriage and actually acts like pb blaster to an extent. Works well.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Look into fluid film or woolwax. Buy a harbor freight HVLP sprayer and a gallon of either and go to town before ski season. Reapply potentially mid Winter then do a hot water power wash at the end of the season. It's a suspended wax/oil stuff that protects the undercarriage and actually acts like pb blaster to an extent. Works well.
    Thanks, I'll look at doing that.

SNOW IN THE PNW 2018-19

I put a thread up in the padded room for Tap-aid...(maybe it should have been in the ski/snowboard forum)

But I thought I’d spam the NW thread too

Help Tap out

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=328851

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Thanks pyro, good idea, will plan to.

I am back and I am in hella good shape -with an extra large beard-, ready for some mediocre skiing.

All three kids are begging me to teach them to ski. I should be able to turn them into some damn fine blue square groomers

Prison?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    I am back and I am in hella good shape -with an extra large beard
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Prison?
    This is honestly the most likely explanation based on the available facts. I wonder what for?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    This is honestly the most likely explanation based on the available facts. I wonder what for?
    Crimes against skiing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That was fast. Stupid law that doesn't require you to be over the limit on anything and doesn't require you to be responsible for an accident that takes place to be charged with a serious felony. I admitted to taking prescription drugs after an accident when I first moved here and that was all they needed to test my blood, confirming what told them (I didn't think I did anything wrong, nor did I cause the accident), basically enough to convict me for vehicular assault. Also for any who smokes weed even 12 hours+ before you get in a car or take say prescription drugs as directed by a doctor you can get charged for a serious felony. Judge me if you want (and most will), but I'm not a POS like those people I spent my 8 months with.

That was fast. Stupid law that doesn't require you to be over the limit on anything and doesn't require you to be responsible for an accident that takes place to be charged with a serious felony. I admitted to taking prescription drugs after an accident when I first moved here and that was all they needed to test my blood, confirming what told them (I didn't think I did anything wrong, nor did I cause the accident), basically enough to convict me for vehicular assault. Also for any who smokes weed even 12 hours+ before you get in a car or take say prescription drugs as directed by a doctor you can get charged for a serious felony. Judge me if you want (and most will), but I'm not a POS like those people I spent my 8 months with.
    8 months... that's quite a sentence.

I think there's some glossing over details going on here.

Injuries to others?

That was also fast PNWBrit.
    I'll warn you before I go to crystal so you can avoid the risk of me crashing into you.

I spent 8 months running and lifting to get ready for this upcoming season.

I spent 8 months running.
    I hope they didn't catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    8 months... that's quite a sentence.

I think there's some glossing over details going on here.

Injuries to others?
    I'm not going to get into the specifics as its irrelevant and gives out to much personal information. If I end up skiing with anyone I may tell the story, but online you can feel free to continue to judge me. I wouldn't be back on here on this handle if I really gave a shit about what people think. I'm here because I love to ski (mediocrely bad).

Btw It was 12 and 1 day but with good time, 8 months. I'm back home with my wife and kids and it's all good.

I was kidding but it was a good guess.

Glad your out and in shape ready to shred Alpental

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm not going to get into the specifics as its irrelevant and gives out to much personal information. If I end up skiing with anyone I may tell the story, but online you can feel free to continue to judge me. I wouldn't be back on here on this handle if I really gave a shit about what people think. I'm here because I love to ski (mediocrely bad).

Btw It was 12 and 1 day but with good time, 8 months. I'm back home with my wife and kids and it's all good.
    FWIW, i don't think people are judging your time away too much, just ribbing. However, we are certainly judging your skiing.

Welcome back to free society. At least you have a sweet chairlift story to ham up and scare the other chairlift occupants with.

How was this season? Seemed like it had a late start in dec and was ok until late Feb. I'm sad I missed snowmageddon or whatever it was called though I can imagine it was hard to take advantage of it plus the heightened dangers. I believe I saw it was snowing nice for bbi weekend as well.

I'd like to head to Rainier this summer to jump back in but I have to figure out car insurance/license shit first. Hopefully I'll be on the road again by December. I was going to get the ikon this year as I'm by the southern resort but with the 500 dollar fine I will just get another padded seat pass.