PBS - Unforgotten

Love this series! Very well done IMO. Just fantastic the web they weave and how they pull it all together.

Anyone else watch it?

https://www.pbs.org/show/unforgotten/
    Last edited by KQ; 04-20-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Just finished the first season, moving on to the the second. Started because I like the previous work of the two lead detectives, but found myself really enjoying the development of the suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Just finished the first season, moving on to the the second. Started because I like the previous work of the two lead detectives, but found myself really enjoying the development of the suspects.
    You should check out the other series I posted about today - I think you would really enjoy it.

Yet another great PBD series is Shetland.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Yep - already watched the Warrickor trilogy - enjoyed it very much.

I started watching Masterpiece Mystery ie. Morse, Poirot, etal. Always bummed when a series concludes. Fortunately there is something new and different that comes along that keeps me hooked to the genre! I unfortunately binge watch them all now that one doesn’t have to wait for one episode a week. Now the problem is that you have to wait atleast a year for another new season! Shetland is awesome, unforgotten has been renewed for season 4 - waiting for a new season of Vera-
    Not a big fan of the Tunnel though! like the actors, but the villains are abit too fucking creepy; gave up after season 2 episode 1
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    I started watching Masterpiece Mystery ie. Morse, Poirot, etal. Always bummed when a series concludes. Fortunately there is something new and different that comes along that keeps me hooked to the genre! I unfortunately binge watch them all now that one doesn’t have to wait for one episode a week. Now the problem is that you have to wait atleast a year for another new season! Shetland is awesome, unforgotten has been renewed for season 4 - waiting for a new season of Vera-
    Not a big fan of the Tunnel though! like the actors, but the villains are abit too fucking creepy; gave up after season 2 episode 1
    Really like Vera too.

Have you seen Zen? How about DCI Banks? Luther? Wallander?

I hate when they end too. Still miss Foyle's War. Michael Kitchen is the bomb! Oh and Prime Suspect was fab.

Ever watch Scott & Bailey? Geez those people drank and swore a lot. LOL!

Luther is freaking great. Although I always expect McNally to show up too

Wallender great

Really like broadchurch after the constant twists in the first season settled down a bit

Jack Irish looked compelling but have only caught it a couple times

Endeavor is great too

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Luther is freaking great. Although I always expect McNally to show up too

Wallender great

Really like broadchurch after the constant twists in the first season settled down a bit

Jack Irish looked compelling but have only caught it a couple times

Endeavor is great too
    Endeavour... soooooo good but then so was Inspector Morse.

Luther freaked me out a few times. That episode with the hammer guy was hard to watch. Funny thing about that one is hammer guy played a mild mannered cop in Shetland. Amazing how he stepped into the evil character from the "John Boy" like person he played in the other show.

Silent Witness is good but sometimes I could do without that personal relationship/baggage stuff but that might just be me.
    Last edited by KQ; 04-22-2019 at 05:11 PM.

PBS - Unforgotten

Ya! The hammer guy cracked me up to because of Shetland! Speaking Shetland, another great show. A newer season is out but it aired really haphazardly on our pbs and I only caught 1-2 episodes of the series and it hasn't been back on. I think it got dropped from Netflix this month too so it may be hard to find for a while

The new prime suspect w young constable Tennison was pretty good too, but apparently Lynda La Plante really didn't like it for some reason so there will only be one season since she wouldn't let it continue. Too bad for sure cause it had a lot of promise like endeavor for mystery plus backstories.

I never got into morse for whatever reason but loved inspector Lewis and was bummed that they didn't do more of them but at least the cast came back to wrap it up a bit rather than just dropping it like they almost did in previous season

Ya! The hammer guy cracked me up to because of Shetland! Speaking Shetland, another great show. A newer season is out but it aired really haphazardly on our pbs and I only caught 1-2 episodes of the series and it hasn't been back on. I think it got dropped from Netflix this month too so it may be hard to find for a while

The new prime suspect w young constable Tennison was pretty good too, but apparently Lynda La Plante really didn't like it for some reason so there will only be one season since she wouldn't let it continue. Too bad for sure cause it had a lot of promise like endeavor for mystery plus backstories.

I never got into morse for whatever reason but loved inspector Lewis and was bummed that they didn't do more of them but at least the cast came back to wrap it up a bit rather than just dropping it like they almost did in previous season
    I record most of the PBS shows I watch but our damn stations (we have two to choose from) sometimes change up the names of the shows so my timer won't pick it up. Sometimes they add "masterpiece" to the title or take it out or other BS like show the same episode twice and never come back and play the right one. Really pisses me off when it happens. Take "Victoria" for instance - they showed the second to the last episode two weeks in a row so I never got to see the season finale. Oh well... either I'll pick it up sometime or I won't. World won't end over a TV show.

Re: Tennison. Yes, I too liked that and was disappointed it was pulled. Seems always the way. LOL @ those Scousers accents. Sometimes I had to turn on the captioning so I can pick up what they are saying. That actress,, Stefanie Martini, who played young Tennison has the most amazing eyes.

I forgot what a stone cold fox she was. Will have to look up her future endeavors. Yes, those eyes

Started to watch Tennison, but found it wanting in comparison to Helen Mirren's PS.

True but that's a very very high bar

Have you watched the "Morse" prequel, "Endeavor"? Favorite series I've watched this year. The episodic crimes are mostly hit, sometimes miss, but the character development is grand.

Edit to add: should have read full thread before posting. See "E" is referenced above.

Unforgotten - great recommendation, thanks.

Just finished season 1 of unforgotten. I had to go back and rewatch it because I missed some key plot points the first time around. Good show, but you have to pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    you have to pay attention.
    Yeah, it's like every person in that show has an english accent. be nice if they spoke normal. We get it through amazon prime and haven't been able to cipher closed captioning. which probably wouldn't work becuase they talk so damn fast.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Yeah, it's like every person in that show has an english accent. be nice if they spoke normal. We get it through amazon prime and haven't been able to cipher closed captioning. which probably wouldn't work becuase they talk so damn fast.
    For me it wasn’t so much the accent as it was trying to keep track of the four different storylines going on in parallel. Along with various interruptions happening in my living room causing me to miss some significant events.

First 2 episodes of season 5 of Shetland now on Britbox.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Not sure what happened w Shetland and pbs but it's annoying pbs didn't have season 5 yet in full.

First 2 episodes of season 5 of Shetland now on Britbox.
    Not sure what happened w Shetland and pbs but it's annoying pbs didn't have season 5 yet in full.
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrr purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... love me a Scottish accent.

Ya say ya want a thick accent?? https://acorn.tv/nooffence

Warp speed and brutally hilarious.

Unforgotten:

Crikey! Will watch the final episode of series 3 tonight.... anxious to see how it turns out.

The writers do such a good job with this series. They way they move characters from good to bad, hero to villain is amazing and they spare no one. In the episode 5 last night I was really hoping that one cop (Sunny) would have said something about the erroneous advice he gave to the girlfriend of the guy who lived in the van. Maybe it will come in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Ya say ya want a thick accent?? https://acorn.tv/nooffence

Warp speed and brutally hilarious.
    Ha-ha, nice! Especially love that the interviewer has a southern American accent.

Wow! That was good but a bit exhausting.