Page 25 of 184 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Kirkwood top of 10 nice and soft. Firms up mid mountain.

It seems like the latest runs of GFS and NAM don't push the precip into Tahoe until 4pm-ish on Thursday and having it last well in to Friday. With the snow levels forecasted to drop around 4pm on Thursday, it seems like most of our precip will come in with low(er) snow levels.

Anyone else see something similar? Or am I just being very optimistic. I mean, the QPF did bump up half an inch this afternoon...

I hope you're right but I'm not seeing the snow levels drop til much later Thursday night
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Dill I Gaf Guest

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Gnarbro365 I see the same. 8:09 NWS update reflects this and actually upped the totals for most areas. Let's see what the 3am AFD says and the 6z and a bunch of other stuff. Winds are going to be the bigger issue. 20-30 inches will lead to possibly a 100" in the loading zones.
    Last edited by Dill I Gaf; 12-15-2016 at 06:29 AM.

^ I'm sure many families would gladly swap your place a lift line or on a skin track on Friday for their house in a fucking war zone.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

MAKE TAHOE DEEP AGAIN ~ 2016/17 OFISHUL SNOW/FOOD/WHINE & STOKE THREAD

Well that escalated quickly...
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 12-15-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Where are you getting these? As far as I can tell the nws forecast out of reno was last updated at 3:19 and out of Sacto at 9:13. Neither shows the snow level dropping until tomorrow night. Both still say 1-2 feet at pass levels though and I'll be stoked if we get that.
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecasts/di...id=rev&pil=afd
    http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...AFDSTO&wfo=STO

Not trying to call you out, I just want to be privy to the forecasts that coincide with what I want.

Dill I Gaf Guest
    Sorry for the Aleppo reference shralp. I'm sure they would rather be here than there too. P.E. en all. Powdork a point forecast I had said that it was last updated at 8:09. But now it's saying a last update of 3:17 pm looking at 00z GFS and Zulu times the onset does appear to be around 4pm but we've all been tricked into believing models before.

Definitely seeing the onset of the heavy precip around 4 but nothing about the colder air until later. The winds should die down mostly with the onset of the heavy precip (at least not still in the 100+ range).

Quote Originally Posted by Dill I Gaf View Post
    It's gonna sound like Aleppo come Friday morning in Tahoe.
    I felt a little sick when I read that. I try to remember that bombing could just as easily be the sad drums of death as the trumpets of fresh tracks -and I'm grateful to live somewhere bombs are not used on people.

Unless you meant the Aussie slang for a leper, you know, the term that had Gary Johnson all confused...
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Dill I Gaf View Post
    Sorry for the Aleppo reference shralp. I'm sure they would rather be here than there too.
    Then edit your fucking post!

ETA: thanks!
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 12-15-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Another beautiful windy and rainy day in South lake

Name:  l.php.gif
Views: 867
Size:  912.4 KB
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 12-15-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Heavy precipitation just hit here on the coast. Went from a light drizzle to a steady moderate rain in the course of 30 seconds.

It seems to be mollifying now, so maybe that was just a mini front and not the real thing.

I was working outside washing the cars (I collect rain water and use the drizzle, so no need to call the law) when I suddenly got too wet. Inside work from here on in today.

As for the report on conditions in Oops, when 666 skied up to me and my kid the other day and offered help, I did not recognize him at first and thought he was an overly aggressive super small helpful dude. Instead I got the report that he had Ooops all to himself. Having only ventured on the lower mountain ice with my son, I thought, "well, of course".

I was stoked to get the coverage and condition report, but I'm not sure I was jealous.

Aleppo in the tahoe thread? lol

Congrats to the citizens of Aleppo for finally being liberated from U.S. backed, Al Qaeda terrorism. What a fucked place to live. Looks like we failed to dismantle yet another Arab country.

Well this thread is about to get interesting...
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    can't say i've seen a seven foot wave on tahoe. who's surfing today?
    Bummer, I'd love to surf that. I did get an overhead wave over in Sand Harbor back in October. Not quite 7ft though.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    WIN

Raining at 9,500' top Olympic. Snow off the groomer looked and felt great, but due to water on surface it was like skiing on glue

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Another beautiful windy and rainy day in South lake

you put your thumbs on the wrong side of the hands

I am sure a jet ski would be more appropriate but are any Tahoe folks looking into getting a sled? I have a 2010 Dragon that I am looking to get rid of. Nice sled at a great price for one of you guys. pm me so as not to clog up this thread. If this is out of line feel free to delete. Free delivery from Mammoth as I am up there all the time for hockey practice.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Raining at 9,500' top Olympic. Snow off the groomer looked and felt great, but due to water on surface it was like skiing on glue
    yeah seems like they're gonna have to up the flood threats.

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    I am sure a jet ski would be more appropriate but are any Tahoe folks looking into getting a sled? I have a 2010 Dragon that I am looking to get rid of. Nice sled at a great price for one of you guys. pm me so as not to clog up this thread. If this is out of line feel free to delete. Free delivery from Mammoth as I am up there all the time for hockey practice.
    there's nothing else going on here. post some pics

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    you put your thumbs on the wrong side of the hands
    maybe they're someone else's hands?

Carson Pass (No)Snotel site at 8360 ft is reporting it is 36 degrees. Kirkwood looks to have turned off the Webcam. Raining on SugarBowl picnic tables.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

He forgot since the last time we toured in the backcountry I taught him to cross his arms in order to get maximum leverage spreading the cheeks.

Not sure I've noticed a stream running behind the Kirkwood snow stake cam before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kirkwood rain_crop_crop.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	195266