Page 409 of 664 FirstFirst ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,225 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Saudis helping out their Russian oil BFF.

https://www.ft.com/content/64d35a40-...wTfk8028UvDWNU
    Did they say who was cutting output? I was reading somewhere that Russia faces enough headwinds getting their product to market that their output will fall 1-2M bbl. I.e. Is opec+ putting lipstick on the pig that is Russia's war and its effect on Russian production, or are they planning additional cuts? Pre-pandemic US production rose ~1M bbl/d/year, since then it's been a half million/year. Theoretically, the US could cover much of the gap.

Hmm, the oil futures market is much flatter than when I last looked early Summer. Back then, there was a month over month drop of $3-$5 hitting a low in Feb. Now the drop is ~50c per month, down $8 by July. The traders don't seem impressed

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Did they say who was cutting output? I was reading somewhere that Russia faces enough headwinds getting their product to market that their output will fall 1-2M bbl. I.e. Is opec+ putting lipstick on the pig that is Russia's war and its effect on Russian production, or are they planning additional cuts? Pre-pandemic US production rose ~1M bbl/d/year, since then it's been a half million/year. Theoretically, the US could cover much of the gap.

Hmm, the oil futures market is much flatter than when I last looked early Summer. Back then, there was a month over month drop of $3-$5 hitting a low in Feb. Now the drop is ~50c per month, down $8 by July. The traders don't seem impressed
    Increase and stabilization in oil price to a higher level would be a huge boon American oil production. Fracking costs way more than other methods of extraction. Hence US oil only comes out of the ground in big volume when prices are and stay high. I actually advocate keeping it in the ground. But there’s no denying that American producers don’t pump unless prices are high.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    As long as VT isn't part of Quebec.
    In province tuition at McGill….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    In province tuition at McGill….

Ain't worth it.

Will someone shut this Elon guy up?

Obviously somekind of lowlife imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Money doesn't necessarily buy you common sense. But typical of a narcissist. When they are wrong and you call them out on their BS, they double, triple down on their stupid.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post

Didn't see where the cuts were coming from. All I know is that my XOM stock is up over $100 this morning.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Ain't worth it.
    You get Bishop’s too.

Lolwat? This is definitely cultural appropriation.

Attachment 428912

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    So if it was a Russian sub that damaged the pipeline, as some have speculated, USA should have attacked it first, based on suspicion of what the Russians were planning?

Seems stupid.
    Consider the source

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Money doesn't necessarily buy you common sense. But typical of a narcissist. When they are wrong and you call them out on their BS, they double, triple down on their stupid.
    Witting or not, his tweets are fully aligned with Russian propaganda. One of the good things about twitter, for better and for worse, is that it often provides insight into what elites are really like.

It's as if Elon is channeling the few people here who say Ukraine should give up its people, territory, industry and sovereignty in exchange for Russian genocide. At least with Musk, maybe it's Russian kompromat or maybe he needs funds to buy twitter or maybe this is about factories in China and he's not just a useful idiot. It's bizarre.

FWIW, the U.S. is quietly paying millions to send Starlink terminals to Ukraine, contrary to SpaceX claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Will someone shut this Elon guy up?

Obviously somekind of lowlife imbecile.
    Musk sounds like your kindred spirit

Making Musk's point even dumber is the fact Viktor Yanukovych's Party of Regions, see the image in Musk's tweet, in 2012 campaigned to join the European Union. The Party of Regions stood for “Law on Fundamentals of National Security in Ukraine,” which clearly stated that Ukraine’s aim was to join NATO and the EU.

The 2014 uprising in Ukraine happened because Viktor Yanukovych broke his earlier promise and instead tried to further strengthen ties with Russia. Five years later Volodymyr Zelenskyy won the 2019 Ukrainian presidential election with 73% of the vote after campaigning on an anti-establishment, anti-corruption, pro EU platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Musk sounds like your kindred spirit

We’re all clearly stupid, as well as cowards and traitors.

Hey, whats this I read about the rest of the world handing out anti radiation pills? Iodine? Where do I get some incase my truck breaks down on the way to Patagonia? She’s got a lot of miles on her.

We’re all clearly stupid, as well as cowards and traitors.

Hey, whats this I read about the rest of the world handing out anti radiation pills? Iodine? Where do I get some incase my truck breaks down on the way to Patagonia? She’s got a lot of miles on her.
    It’s nice to know you have some self awareness

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Hey, whats this I read about the rest of the world handing out anti radiation pills?

You're the one who read it. Now you want us to explain it for you? jfc

Border crisis in Alaska. Two Russians detained after "fleeing the Russian military" by sailing from Russia across the Bering Strait to Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s nice to know you have some self awareness

“We” are self aware.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Border crisis in Alaska. Two Russians detained after "fleeing the Russian military" by sailing from Russia across the Bering Strait to Alaska.
    Maybe our Governor should fly them to an Elon Musk residence, or maybe send them to loot in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Most people don't realize is that despite the ridicule and eye-rolling, duck and cover is actually extremely effective and could prevent millions of casualties and deaths from burns, blast, and debris. I can talk more about that if people want.

Hey, whats this I read about the rest of the world handing out anti radiation pills? Iodine?
    "Radiation pills" only protects you from thyroid exposure to radioactive iodine. This is most important for children after a reactor accident to avoid future slow growing thyroid cancer. KI isn't super helpful in a nuclear exchange. The pills are just potassium iodide. It just provides iodine to competitively uptake and saturate in your thyroid to avoid I-131 uptake.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Maybe our Governor should fly them to an Elon Musk residence, or maybe send them to loot in Florida?
    Perhaps they're advance scouts for a Special Military Operation to take Alaska back?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Perhaps they're advance scouts for a Special Military Operation to take Alaska back?
    Large contingent of Old Believers along our coastlines. As well as Russian peelers.

Neither represent much of a threat on a large scale - the OB broke off from Putin's State Church almost 400 years ago, and the strippers mostly just drain individual bank accounts and consort with lower-level US military.