Page 1367 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 ... LastLast
Results 34,151 to 34,175 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I guess if I wore a condom I could have avoided this situation entirely?
    FIFY.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I guess if I went to MSU I could have avoided this situation entirely?
    Nope. You'd be paying even more to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Well, it is Michigan State; it's not like they can brag about academic excellence.
    Michigan rioted over the Vietnam War; MSU rioted when they banned tailgating.

So we can agree that MSU is the ASU of the Midwest?
    . . .

The American healthcare "system" - it fucking sucks.

Fortunately, there's nothing that will be done, and it will progressively (heh) get worse over the rest of my lifetime.

If I could easily/affordably sort out healthcare, I'd fucking retire tomorrow.

My wife and I just found out that we owe the hospital that delivered our baby girl in January $14k.

We have already paid about $7k out of pocket for the delivery and related items and never received a bill or statement for any of the items on the $14k invoice. We got invoices in the mail for all of the other charges. Not even a phone call or email over the last 5 months to let us know we had a party due bill. We only found out about the balance when we logged in to our online account to pay a $200 bill for a follow up visit.

That's annoying. Not the price, that seems fair I guess, but the surprise bill is maddening.

I guess if I went to MSU I could have avoided this situation entirely?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    We had bullshit bills when both our kids were born (at two different hospitals and with different insurance). The first time they said the anesthesiologist was out of network (as if we had a fucking choice). The second time they saved part of the bill until the following year when our deductible had reset. My wife went on the warpath, making people cry and question their career choices. Zero dollars were paid.

Make some phone calls. Be hard to deal with. If the charges are questionable and you're a pain in the ass you likely won't have to pay.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/59jg...hospital-costs

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

And that's definitely a feature, not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

Fortunately, there's nothing that will be done, and it will progressively (heh) get worse over the rest of my lifetime.

Yep, no other industry is like healthcare or "sickcare". Nothing, if anything, done to promote preventative care because that doesn't have any reimbursements associated with it.

NO OTHER BUSINESS (both dental and medical) could you go for service that you don't even know what you are going to be charged from the get go. Ask for a price and billing departments just give patients a fucking run around goose chase. Pisses me off to no end.

I sometimes get the brunt of the frustration from the patients themselves expressing displeasure in not knowing how much they will owe.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Yep, no other industry is like healthcare or "sickcare". Nothing, if anything, done to promote preventative care because that doesn't have any reimbursements associated with it.

NO OTHER BUSINESS (both dental and medical) could you go for service that you don't even know what you are going to be charged from the get go. .
    Not true at Kaiser for most people. They get paid per patient per month, regardless of the care provided, so they have a strong incentive to do preventative care.

A federal law may solve the surprise bill problem starting next year.
    https://www.kff.org/private-insuranc...ffect-in-2022/

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    We had bullshit bills when both our kids were born (at two different hospitals and with different insurance). The first time they said the anesthesiologist was out of network (as if we had a fucking choice). The second time they saved part of the bill until the following year when our deductible had reset. My wife went on the warpath, making people cry and question their career choices. Zero dollars were paid.

Make some phone calls. Be hard to deal with. If the charges are questionable and you're a pain in the ass you likely won't have to pay.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/59jg...hospital-costs
    This - and if it continues to go sideways - complain to the state insurance commissioner. I had a crazy billing issue - but for trivial dollars, compared to $14K. The insurance commission thumped that problem in the nose hard. Never heard a peep about it after that.

Insurance companies and providers really don't want to tangle with the insurance commissioners office. Plus, by the time they wrangle their way through the paperwork and scrutiny, it's probably easier to go after someone else - low hanging fruit and all that.

Highly recommend.

Even preventative seems exploitive.

Colonoscopy, so they wrote me Rx for the prep. $170, I later discover. I inquired back to Dr Office if there's a common sense alternative. They use text for these inquiries LOL.

"Yes, we sell some stuff for $20 at our office". I google it and it becomes obvious it's all OTC, but rebranded as a convenience pack. But they're also texting me that (exact same but self-assembled LOL) OTC is insufficient.

Now, who cares re $20, but does this also make it obvious they have a kickback arrangement with the $170 Rx scheme?

I could just say nextdoor.com and leave it at that, although it can be amusing and useful at times. In any event, nextdoor used to have a section that said "for sale and free", it was a tab on the left side of the screen. Pretty simple, right?

I have one thing listed, today I was going to update the listing, and couldn't find the for sale section. Well, apparently some genius at nextdoor thought that it would be better to not have the words "for sale and free" and instead have the word "finds". It has a little sale tag icon next to it which is the only way I deduced that it might be where the items for sale are. WTF? That's annoying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I could just say nextdoor.com and leave it at that, although it can be amusing and useful at times. In any event, nextdoor used to have a section that said "for sale and free", it was a tab on the left side of the screen. Pretty simple, right?

I have one thing listed, today I was going to update the listing, and couldn't find the for sale section. Well, apparently some genius at nextdoor thought that it would be better to not have the words "for sale and free" and instead have the word "finds". It has a little sale tag icon next to it which is the only way I deduced that it might be where the items for sale are. WTF? That's annoying.
    Ok boomer.

Haha sorry, I’d probably have done the same and I’m younger than you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A227D6BE-56B7-48FD-9173-305E03DD6468.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	377069

Special shoes for dirt mopeds? Give me a fucking break.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A227D6BE-56B7-48FD-9173-305E03DD6468.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	377069

Special shoes for dirt mopeds? Give me a fucking break.
    Why do you hate capitalism?

When rich tech bros say shit like this “Our dream is to free the world from traffic,”

No, your dream is to be a billionaire doing blow with hookers in your hot tub while your business operates in a regulatory free for all and, of course, you pay zero taxes for any of it.

What Is a Flying Car? https://nyti.ms/3vewhWF

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why do you hate capitalism?
    Right? The day will come when he is happy for that dirt moped on the up
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The lugs look a little deep on those. Dont want to be hiking w the eeb. Picked up these new wheels. Mich rubber!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210613_073624.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	377071

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Right? The day will come when he is happy for that dirt moped on the up
    I was thinking on a recent road ride how my next bike might not be a custom titanium dura ace, but one of those high end Trek e Roadies. Dolomites, here I come!

Ordering a glass of a cab / syrah blend at what seems like a reasonaby decent place and the fucking wine is served in a fucking tumbler! Is this an Aspen thing?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Ordering a glass of a cab / syrah blend at what seems like a reasonaby decent place and the fucking wine is served in a fucking tumbler! Is this an Aspen thing?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    They must have been out of jam jars.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They must have been out of jam jars.
    I have zero Italian blood. But I actually like my wine in a jelly jar. #heathen

Stemware is for wasps.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I have zero Italian blood. But I actually like my wine in a jelly jar. #heathen

Stemware is for wasps.
    https://youtu.be/Jc08gY8wfVc

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Shit that annoys you

Companies that place outside sales calls from a spoofed local number annoy me. When I get one of these calls at work I try to be polite, because work, but drilling down to their location is always an easy path out of the call.
    “Hey, you’re in (some tiny town 10 miles away that has 7 residences and a gas station), huh?”

“Oh, no, we aren’t….”

“Why does caller ID say you’re local, then?”

“Um, well, we’re looking to partner with you on…”

“Dude, you started this call with a lie. You want to partner now?”
    focus.