Page 20 of 122 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well the most obvious thing is we still worship the queen
    I keep a framed photograph of the queen and the current prime minister in the garage next to my grampa's war medals. It just feels like a classy canadian thing to do. Makes a good conversation when people notice it. "What, you DON'T have a picture of the queen and PM hanging up somewhere? Pffft"

And it's the young version of the queen if you care, not the old lady version.

I did consider the bilingual thing but didnt think anyone would pickup and just expected queen haters, i'm pretty sure she is on the wall at the legion down the street
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I wonder if the U.S. actually has a higher percentage of its population with Spanish as a first language than Canada has with French.

20% french speakers according to goggle BUT out west there are almost none

In BC way mo azn fo hevan sake, my people are everywhere

Sounds like there is more french first language in Canada than Spanish first language in the USA. How many of the provinces are officially bilingual though, is it just Nouveau Brunswick? I remember a lot of french signs near Ottawa.

All of the parks canada employees spoke french when i approached them that way a couple summers ago. Ah, genvieve.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

There is more French in Western Canada than most would expect. Just because someone doesn't have a thick Quebecois accent doesn't mean they are not French Canadian.

whadda u know, its all right here on the wikis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Canadians
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Sounds like there is more french first language in Canada than Spanish first language in the USA.
    Yeah seems like about 20% for Francophones in Canada and something like 12% Spanish in the U.S. from the stats I could find.

That's still more people than the entire population of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I wonder if the U.S. actually has a higher percentage of its population with Spanish as a first language than Canada has with French.
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yeah seems like about 20% for Francophones in Canada and something like 12% Spanish in the U.S. from the stats I could find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That's still more people than the entire population of Canada.
    Don't have the numbers but I remember reading that German was the unofficial second language of the US up until at least the 50's, and a very close 2nd in Canada for the same time period.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    pis ta reine, elle j'men calisse ben raide
    Dan, buddy... please help me out here man. Here's what I get when I google translate:

"worse your queen, she I am very stiff"

Now it could very well be that those are your sentiments. And hey man, free country and all and of course I'll add NTTAWWT.
    But what in sam hell were you trying to say here mate. Hey, sorry my french is really really non-existent.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Translates to: Your queen, she can fuck right off.

I could have said “she can fuck off”, hence the ben raide for emphasis.

My point is man, and I don’t really have strong feelings one way or the other, but my point is man most quebeckers don’t recognize the British crown as sovereign. In fact Victoria Day (the old lady’s birthday) is not really celebrated here. The hard core quebs recognize that day as journée des patriotes (patriots day).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Patriots'_Day

Quebec and Americans share a deep rooted hatred for the British.
    27° 18°

Hey, look who's on top!

Curve is starting to level off, but that is mostly due to Ontario targeting second doses in hot spots (GTA) to ensure this Delta Variant™ doesn't cause any further shenanigans. Another record vaccine day for the Shit Province with ~200k given. 130k were second doses. There are still a lot of areas with people waiting for first doses. Estimates are we will hit 80-90% by sometime around July 1.

USA, get your shit together...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	can_vax_20210611.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	376915

Don’t expect the US to get it’s shit together. 15% suffer from chronic diarrhea and 25% are constipated. I sure hope the border opens soon, Maine is about bursting with everyone driving north on 95.

So it was a joke, we don't really worship the queen

altho before meech lake in 1982, the constitution was embodied in the British North America Acts of 1867-1975 (renamed the Constitution Acts in 1982) and could only be amended by the British Parliament.

"CBSA workers to hold strike votes next week, possibly jeopardizing border reopening"

Never reopening.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    ..... I sure hope the border opens soon, Maine is about bursting with everyone driving north on 95.
    Where are they going? Hartland to get some frozen french fries? There is nothing there where the 95 ends.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Translates to: Your queen, she can fuck right off.

I could have said “she can fuck off”, hence the ben raide for emphasis.

My point is man, and I don’t really have strong feelings one way or the other, but my point is man most quebeckers don’t recognize the British crown as sovereign. In fact Victoria Day (the old lady’s birthday) is not really celebrated here. The hard core quebs recognize that day as journée des patriotes (patriots day).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Patriots'_Day

Quebec and Americans share a deep rooted hatred for the British.
    Shit dude, I'd say most Canadians (me included) don't recognize the crown as sovereign. Fuck the royals I say, I didn't vote for them and they've been sucking off the tit of the people (and the Commenwealth) for much too long. In fact I'd go further and say we should repatriate all of their worth since they just stole it off of us anyway. And, while I'm ranting let's defund the world Catholic Church too. Fuckers have stole from the poor (and assaulted and killed them) for much much too long, and to what end? Furthering the belief in Santa and the tooth fairy.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

well it actualy was in your life time before Pierre fixed it

and the Brits wanted him to fix it

" Memoirs " by Perre Elliot trudeau is a good read on how it went down

be forewarned there is nothing in his Memoirs about Margret

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Shit dude, I'd say most Canadians (me included) don't recognize the crown as sovereign. Fuck the royals I say, I didn't vote for them and they've been sucking off the tit of the people (and the Commenwealth) for much too long. In fact I'd go further and say we should repatriate all of their worth since they just stole it off of us anyway. And, while I'm ranting let's defund the world Catholic Church too. Fuckers have stole from the poor (and assaulted and killed them) for much much too long, and to what end? Furthering the belief in Santa and the tooth fairy.
    Yeah but like The Crown is a really, really good show. So at least we got that out of it.

lots of Quebecois in the sea to sky...and fuck the monarchy!

second dosed on Wednesday aft, I was proper fucked from about 20-30 hours post, all good and ready to rock now, bring on summer!

Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves !

yeah the British empire is kinda done but we got some great shows like The Crown

say what you will about the monarchy she did out last the sex pistols

Doesn't the crown get you work visas in Commonwealth countries? Seems like a good perk.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Doesn't the crown get you work visas in Commonwealth countries? Seems like a good perk.
    Yeah, it aint as easy as you might think. Not too bad if you're under 30. After that ya need spancers and stuff.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

I got young buds stuck in NZ ( jays kid) they seem pretty happy about it

possibly don't want to come home

while we were in lockdown I seen FB picts of them playing gigs on a stage

the NZ government automagicaly extended their visas for another 6 months due to the pandemic