130 mm fork options for the future

Built up my kona hei hei CR DL this summer mostly with parts I had. Dropped travel on my 2019 Pike to 130 mm and the geo is working well.

Was thinking of dropping $240 on the Avalanche custom tuned damper for the pike to replace the charger 2.0.

But between now and April I have plenty of time to consider options. Latest bigger version of SID gets good reviews from owners I know, but is a little short compared to what I’m liking on there now.

EXT Era only goes down to 140 mm. And is pretty spendy. Mattoc Pro also has IRT, and I’m digging my Mezzer, but US availability is zero currently. Order from starbike?

Not a grip 2 fan.

What stiff/light/good options you liking in this in between category? I’m 190 lbs, so I’m leaning toward keeping the pike & upgrading the damper but WWMD? I have other bikes on the burly end of the spectrum, so the whole point of the kona is efficient long ass rides but still pretty fun on the descent.

Give the DVO Sapphire a look. 120,130, or 140 mm with just a spacer change. The damper holds like 2x the oil of a Fox and the whole fork is easy to work on with no special tools aside from a pin spanner. I also like that no crush washers need to be replaced with a simple oil change.

Performance has been good. There are plenty of adjustments and overall it feels like a decent improvement over the Fox 34 it replaced on my Ripley. It's 75g heavier than the Fox. I have their piggyback shock too, so the bike is a little more smashy than stock. Honestly the fork made more of a difference than the shock.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Hard to beat the price of the Avalanche tune, but a Mattoc is the obvious choice if you dig your Mezzer. I think Boissal had a good experience ordering a Mara Pro from Starbike.

Turns our star bike just has the mattoc pro on back order too.

I may just wait a couple of months. Supply chain will be fixed by then right?

Running a new SID on my Ranger, it's simple and pretty smooth. I'm kind of a set it and forget it guy so the simplicity appeals to me.

I am curious to put a 130 on the front and have a Rhythm on another bike I may throw on to see what a little more travel does for the geo etc.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Turns our star bike just has the mattoc pro on back order too.

I may just wait a couple of months. Supply chain will be fixed by then right?
    I have it on very good authority that Hayes should have some Mattoc Pros in stock within the next couple of weeks.

Dig the 130 pike. Keep thinking I’ll put the 140 spacer in it but seems plush enough for my needs as is that inertia sets in