Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

bobleisure.com anyone?

Looking at a good deal on www.bobleisure.com - wondering if it’s legit.

Most shit checks out, website-wise, except unrealistic prices and no physical address. Googling the phone number brings up Pohl Handels GmbH (which does list a physical address, in Germany), which seems to own backpacking-united.com.

Reviews are mostly good, but not all. Anyone have any experience with either of these gear sites?

i think the radio waves are getting through the tin foil, better layer up

i checked out the website. ive never heard of them either but this isnt how you run a scam in 2021. you're proposing they built an expensive website in order to con a couple people out of $300? It would only take a few orders for the entire gig to be up. if they had something i wanted, id order no question

I ordered boots from them. Took a while but they arrived and the company responded to email with shipping status info.

Quote Originally Posted by garuda View Post
    I ordered boots from them. Took a while but they arrived and the company responded to email with shipping status info.
    Also odd that the shipping is free from europe over $200. What it actually fedex and free for you? Any issues with customs?

It feels a little like 123 Mountain https://www.summitdaily.com/news/bus...onal-scrutiny/

A bit weird that bobleisure’s ‘top seller’ is a Tele boot.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Well, I emailed, seeing if my desired item was in fact in stock (and to see if they replied at all). Reply came quickly, item in stock, and email signature contained the correct (via googling the phone german phone number) "Pohl Handels GmbH" and correct physical address.

So I'm feeling pretty good, and went ahead and ordered a pair of Tecnica Mach1 130 HV boots, current model, for almost exacly half what they go for domestically (no tax and free shipping, so less than half in the end). Which (low price) seems crazy - and was my main concern really, seemingly in the too-good-to-be-true category, which is usually the main red flag for scam websites (but they're usually in like Indonesia etc., not Germany).

PayPal'd it, so hopefully I won't incur too much hassle if shit gets shitty. We shall see...

well, the do sell 'Ski Googles' so there's that......
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    well, the do sell 'Ski Googles' so there's that......
    “Googels” actually. Hopefully just an isolated translation goof (German site).

I will definitely post back with results of this experiment.
    Last edited by skizix; 12-17-2021 at 10:43 PM.

I bought blizzard hrc’s from them. I got a smoking deal, got them quick. And then fedex sent me a bill for like $35 for the duty. Legit.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I bought blizzard hrc’s from them. I got a smoking deal, got them quick. And then fedex sent me a bill for like $35 for the duty. Legit.
    Was your CC charged in Euros?

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    I don’t think so. I haven’t seen the charge if they did.

I've got a fedex tracking number now, showing the package having departed Frankfurt. Looking good!

Ordered a Scott Patrol E1 pack from them earlier this month, as I couldn't find just the pack (no system) available in North America. Work at a Scott shop too, and the cost was still cheaper at BobLeisure than trying to get it on pro form. Took about a week for it to leave the warehouse, but got from Germany to Colorado in two days once it was moving.

Can't complain about anything at all with that transaction.

I just tried to call their phone number, and they only answer their phone from 10am - 12pm M-F UTC+1
    they run a slim shop I guess

Quote Originally Posted by timmaio View Post
    I was charged in $US

$260 for Pivot 18s? This site's prices sound too good to be true. Do they nail you for shipping and/or VAT?

I really want a pair of boots, but they are $806, just $6 north of the $800 import tariff threshold so I may be dinged pretty significantly for import duties. Anyone out there with a $10 off coupon code

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    $260 for Pivot 18s? This site's prices sound too good to be true. Do they nail you for shipping and/or VAT?
    Too good to be true prices are what spooked me at first, and why I started this thread. In any case...

Shipping is free for orders over $200. I ordered Friday evening (and so middle of the night in Germany). Item was shipped at like 4am (my time - CO) yesterday (Monday). And already, today (Tuesday), tracking says "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" (though it says scheduled for delivery tomorrow by 1pm). Not too fkn bad, for free!!!

No VAT added - I think the site detected I'm in the US, as I didn't have to manually select English or USD. I got billed the exact amount of the item, and not a penny more. Who knows, I may or may not have to pay duty, but that's not their fault.

Case is not closed until I receive the item of course. But so far, seems like a killer place to shop, if they have what you want.

If you have questions, email them. They've been super responsive for me (just don't forget about the time difference re: response time).

Well hot damn! Got the boots an hour ago. So, free 1-day shipping from Germany to CO.

Great experience with bobleisure.com!

Nice. Ordered up some P18s in Forza 2.0. Super stoked!

Holy hell, just got a notification that my Pivots are on my doorstep. That’s some fast shipping, I can barely get something from Seattle that fast.

Ordered ‘22 193 Mindbenders on Friday. $450 free shipping. Just got home from skiing and they were on my doorstep so six days. No taxes, no VAT so far. Not sure how they can do it for that price…and the shipping address on the box is from Germany.

Another vouch for them! Ordered some pivots and it took them a couple days to ship them out but as soon as they did, they showed up at my door in less than 2 days. Crazy fast shipping and prices.

Same here. Ordered some stuff, got it in a few days.