Page 628 of 813 FirstFirst ... 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,700 of 20323
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Holdouts.

Saw this:
    https://www.facebook.com/jeanlouis.s...5468890096327/

And then it's snowed a bunch in Osterreich.

https://www.facebook.com/schifahren....5125210737753/

https://www.facebook.com/kaunertaler...5589437503748/

And I'll be ruining real estate values somewhere in the Alps Jan 10-24.
    Hey my wife and me will be on a 2month ski trip with the little one from jan 14th to march 14th soo we might be around.
    I put the state sponsored "parent time" in between christmas and easter holidays. Smart me

To all other mags: we'll be looking for skiing partners since our then 8month old wont ski ...i guess so we'll have to take turns.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Well, after all these years of hurling that friendly abuse at one another, it would be nice to make some turns.

I'm going to wherever the snow is, so I'll update the target at the end of December.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

To all other mags: we'll be looking for skiing partners since our then 8month old wont ski ...i guess so we'll have to take turns.
    Why don't you get an au pair or nanny? Maybe a hot-ass Swedish au pair that skis?

Yeah well...unfortunately the German State does not Pay THAT much. And how would I convince my wife to get the hot aupair in our RV?

But thanks schnapps for bringing in the billionaire perspective

Maybe the German state can afford get you a Moldvan girl instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    Maybe the German state can afford get you a Moldvan girl instead?
    You seem to have missed the part about getting other women into the Rv being problematic, regardless of ethnicity. You could argue that a fat old Moldovan lady could work, but that would undermine the whole brilliantly sexist male concept of an au pair or Nanny!

There are male nannies and aupairs, fyi.

Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    There are male nannies and aupairs, fyi.
    no, there are absolutey no such creatures! If I have learned anything from TV and the yellow pages, then it is this tiny bit of wisdom.

Hello everyone, how was your summer?

Mine was horrid, I was working 17 hour days in a swamp with no days off, and it squeezed the last bit of life from my catering career, and I'm never cooking professionally again. But that doesn't matter, because we were skiing powder yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaquhAPl2iT/
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Third time skiing powder on 7th November in the last few years. Definitely a good metre fell over 2000m Sunday/Monday.

Wow...long time since I had early November pow runs. You guys should go buy a lotto ticket as you a very lucky. ^^^^^^ peds, fantastic photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

So with the past storm and forecast looking like another for this weekend, does it make any sense for a last minute rally to Solden or Oburgurgl or other Austrian spot for the Yank Thanksgiving week (18th - 26th Nov.)? I know, middle of season is better, but this year that isn't going to happen.

The Mrs. might need to be in Berlin for Bidnes on the 20th. Given there is no snow in Mammoth yet, she might have to go anyway and there still are frequent flyer plane tickets available, and it looks like it might be possibly fun if they truly get 2 solid storms, what say you Austrian locals. Worth a rally? Its that or WROD at Mammoth. Hypothetically speaking, if it snowed another 70-100cm's how much might be open that wasn't glaciated given both of the above have stated they will be open?

Video from Oburgurgl shows a groomer packing down quite a bit of snow...
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    So with the past storm and forecast looking like another for this weekend, does it make any sense for a last minute rally to Solden or Oburgurgl or other Austrian spot for the Yank Thanksgiving week (18th - 26th Nov.)? I know, middle of season is better, but this year that isn't going to happen.

The Mrs. might need to be in Berlin for Bidnes on the 20th. Given there is no snow in Mammoth yet, she might have to go anyway and there still are frequent flyer plane tickets available, and it looks like it might be possibly fun if they truly get 2 solid storms, what say you Austrian locals. Worth a rally? Its that or WROD at Mammoth. Hypothetically speaking, if it snowed another 70-100cm's how much might be open that wasn't glaciated given both of the above have stated they will be open?

Video from Oburgurgl shows a groomer packing down quite a bit of snow...
    I am not too sure what WROD is at Mammoth. But, I've had epic Thanksgiving timeframe skiing at Sölden, Pitzaler and Anton. The good news is, if you have a rental car..you have a ton of resorts within 1 hour drive of each other in the Tirol area. I would absolutely do it. Now, this makes me sad that I no longer live in that area anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I am not too sure what WROD is at Mammoth. .
    WROD = White ribbon of Death = Man made ribbon of snow.

We have hit all those places before and love it. Will be with 3 kids, so likely not driving all over, but will park ourselves wherever the best snow is. Have to get from Berlin to Austria so not sure if that will be via train, car, or plane yet. Likely car to get to the resort as trains with 3 kids + gear are a little challenging especially given they don't run right to the Oztal.

More just wondering if enough snow has fallen or will fall this weekend that they can get enough lifts open to make it worthwhile. Bummed our favorite St. Anton doesn't open until Dec. 1st.

Obergurgl open on the 16th. In previous years they've managed to get a lot of runs open with a lot less snow, so I'd expect it to be pretty good!

Likewise Ischgl, which opens on the 23. They've been posting a bunch of drone videos of the piste preparation on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ischgl.pazn...6150768305649/

I'd recommend Engelberg if theno dump Hits as predicted. I'm pretty bummed that I'm going to miss Tuesday. Anythi g with a base will be good I guess.

Actually engelberg is closed until the the17th and if you can make it the 17th would be an epic season opening.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd recommend Engelberg if theno dump Hits as predicted. I'm pretty bummed that I'm going to miss Tuesday. Anythi g with a base will be good I guess.

Actually engelberg is closed until the the17th and if you can make it the 17th would be an epic season opening.

Gaper! How is papa life?
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Trigger pulled! Stoked. Team Comish (including 3 kids) is in bound to the Alps for 4 days on the 22nd. (We have 3 days in Berlin for Mrs. Comish's work before)

Hmm, always wanted to go to Engelberg and our return to the US is out of Zurich. Only catch is our flight from Berlin is currently to Munich as Berlin to Zurich is apparently challenging, at least with United/Lufthansa points... Pretty stoked to get last minute tickets for the whole fam with points!

What about Engelberg w/ kids? My 9yr old is on the Mammoth ski team and rips, but is still 9 and not sure we are ready for Euro off-piste. 7yr olds cruise most blue and red piste, but not charging.

Keep up the intel on where you would go as I'm going to let the lodging roll until next week and see where this storm dumps the most.
    Last edited by comish; 11-09-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Gaper! How is papa life?
    She's super cute and actually quite manageable
    Or to be more precise: astonishingly easy.

We can go out and boulder and went to Spain for four weeks in the summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171002_135047.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	215649

She's super cute and actually quite manageable
    Or to be more precise: astonishingly easy.

We can go out and boulder and went to Spain for four weeks in the summer.

Name:	20171002_135047.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	215649

Awesome! Girl was easy... my boy is a little more of a hand full but still easy in comparison. Little gg is stoked to ride this year and kg will start
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Don't live there currently but skied Engelberg - only issue is to make sure more is open. As it looks right now not too much open.

I would take a look at Obergurgl/Hochgurgl. Looks like they just got a meter of snow a couple days ago. Opening in a few days. We did Thanksgiving there a few years ago and had a blast. Maybe two days Obergurgl/Hochgurgl and a day at Solden right down the street. I think you will have quite a bit more open for skiing there. When we hit Obergurgl/Hochgurgl, they had most of the trails open, great groomers, some off piste. I have a feeling you will like better, also much cheaper that staying in Switzerland - OMG that place is expensive. Tear it up, have a blast!

Obergurgl / Hochgurgl Nov 2013. My boys were 9 & 10 here.

Name:	DSC_0095.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	215652

Name:	DSC_0073.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	215651

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	215653

Name:	DSC_0059.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	991.1 KB 
ID:	215654

Name:	DSC_0028 (1).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	215655

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Obergurgl / Hochgurgl Nov 2013. My boys were 9 & 10 here.

Name:	DSC_0095.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	215652

Name:	DSC_0073.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	215651

Name:	DSC_0120.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	215653

Name:	DSC_0059.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	991.1 KB 
ID:	215654

Name:	DSC_0028 (1).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	215655
    Sweet picts! We stayed in Solden prolly about 13 years ago in November and enjoyed it and Obergurgl so that is our current plan. Just got tempted to think about Engelberg...

You would stay in Obergurgl versus Solden? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Hmm, always wanted to go to Engelberg and our return to the US is out of Zurich. Only catch is our flight from Berlin is currently to Munich as Berlin to Zurich is apparently challenging, at least with United/Lufthansa points... Pretty stoked to get last minute tickets for the whole fam with points!
    Just some quick advise. While Munich isnt far from Engelberg distance wise, it is a rather long drive (not much Autobahn), by Euro standards, definitely more than 4hrs, can also have lots of traffic... Try to get to Zürich if possible, Basel is also quite close, Bern (probably 2.5hrs) and even Geneva (3 hrs?) are a significantly shorter drive from Eberg than Munich and atleast Basel and Bern should have direct flights from Berlin.
    While this will obviously not be bookable on miles, im pretty sure easyjet flies from Berlin Schönefeld (SXF) to Zürich and Basel (rather close to Eberg [1.5h] and other parts of the Swiss Alps).