Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    arent you pretty much spending the same kinda $$$$ on a Yeti or a Santacruz or an Ibis which are the top enduro bikes as nominated by pinkbike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Driving home just now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9137.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	275.4 KB 
ID:	285762

meh i thought it was a cool video. They are great at marketing there is no question about that but they also make good products so i don't really care.

The yeti demo truck was at a local trail couple weeks ago and I was able to walk up and demo a 5.5. Had a great time throwing it around the trails. Sweet bike, but retail price will get ya. A captive yeti credit card should be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    He even drinks beer from many different brands, even inexpensive macros. He's a sick fuck.
    Had a Hamm's while waiting for a haircut today. It was refreshing, palette cleansing.

I'm more of a blurred lines kinda guy. I push boundaries, and stuff. But the story was about a friend of mine, who is a good, simple dude, was just going for a ride with some friend who were involved with Yeti and caught a ton of shit. For fucks sake, these group rides are so dumb though. Why should 30 people ride the same trail at once? That sounds like masochism to me. I go to great lengths in my daily life to avoid those kinds of situations.

marketing hype

apparently you don't have any ?

In any case i rode a 5.5, liked it alot and bought one

edit : so just yesturday after riding the bluff I was hanging out at the craftbrew splashed with just enough mud to look core, but not so much the girls would say eww !

so I'm working the scene and a ski bro with good cred said "wow man you have a yeti !"

I'm sorry but he would not have said "wow man you have a giant ! "

Thats marketing hype eh ?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-13-2019 at 08:55 PM.

I enjoy Yeti’s Nate Hills #followcamfriday
    POVs. Some sick content.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyw...b9GXD0lakYf6WA

I have a sb5.5. It was the first new mountain bike I ever bought, after a few years of getting into MTB with a used SC Blur (that creaked more than a wooden floor in an old house) I just wanted whatever was the “best” out there and the 5.5 was getting rave reviews, add that to the fact that I had lived in CO for 8 years at that point, I was full on kool aid mode. And to be honest, it’s been damn near flawless, despite some wrecks and hard riding it rides quiet and smooth like day one. It’s allowed me to come into my own as a rider and really become a respectable mountain biker. It has allowed me to ride stuff above my skill level and has covered my ass. Having said that, now having biked a lot (in my mind at least) I know what I like and don’t like, and what I’m looking for in a bike, and so I will happily consider other brands and bikes, not that I won’t also look at another Yeti, but I’m certainly not hooked on it. Some of the stuff that goes on on the yeti fanboy threads on other sites or FB is just fucking weird, even by my standards and I really enjoy the bike and I’m a huge weirdo! But I’ll happily be looking at IBIS, RM, Stanton Steel FS (they make my hard tail and I’m Fucking in love with it) transition etc.

Anyway, that video was sweet.

Shit! I bought a SB 5.5 because I thought it would make you guys think I was cool. That’s why I didn’t buy a Specialized. Haha. I had no idea about the fanboi issue with Yeti. I love the bike and have a shit ton of fun on it. Group rides sound dumb. I usually ride by myself. Maybe I’m not putting enough thought into what brand I ride, as the drama is lost on me.

I'm an Ibis fanboy sooooo

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I only saw one gratuitous freeride flick. Beyond that, it was mostly just guys riding fast, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    I made it to four and then quit watching, at about a minute 20. Like the first 18 seconds of bike riding.

I genuinely associate that with hack riding. No one does that when no one else is looking. It really is an audience only thing.
    It's as bad as the oakley blade thing coming back when no one realizes that was mostly a muscle shirt, mullet market.

So

much

Mountainbikers in 2019 look as silly as spandex warriors in 1996 to me now.

Now back to the the water filter discussion. I got more out of that.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I like Specialized bikes, there I said it.
    Does that make me a bad person?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I like Specialized bikes, there I said it.
    Does that make me a bad person?
    It's been a while since they sued someone. It is ok to be out of the closet.

Honestly most brands are right there with big S in mountain bikes at this point. They have SWAT box and that is about it. Their special dropper post was a sales dud.

Sorry for hijack but what was Specialized suing someone story? Have I been under my rock too long?

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Sorry for hijack but what was Specialized suing someone story? Have I been under my rock too long?
    It’s prolly easier to ask: who hasn’t Specialized sued?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Specialized uses litigation as a business model. My favorite of the many lawsuit stories is when they threatened a small bike shop that used "Roubaix" in its name, claiming that Spec owned that word as a copyright. (Nevermind the whole place in France thing.) Bike shop was too small to fight on its own, which is pretty much standard Spec cutthroat practices.

Fuck Specialized. I will never buy anything from them.

Details on Spec asshole tactics:

http://drunkcyclist.com/2014/03/12/now-know/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Good lord

Stratos Shocks for inventing threshold valving that specialized them claimed was a violation of their brain shocks (which came after). You haven't heard of stratos because specialized basically bankrupted them
    Roubaix bike shop because specialized thought they owned the name of a town, even though the shop had been there for like 70 years
    Mountain cycle for a bike name with the word 'stump' in it
    Some other portland manufacturer who called a bike 'stump town' which was an old town nickname
    They did a bunch of saber rattling when people wanted to start using the word 'enduro' to sell pads, bike parts and races......
    They got on somebody years ago for trying to do something with the word 'allez' which just means 'go' in french

There are more I'm forgetting
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

More.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1920596/war-specialized

I had recalled that Fuji stepped in to the battle but couldn't find support at first. There it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Wow. I need to read more

Srsly. Fuck Specialized.

Yeah but, the bikes are sick.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Yeah but, the bikes are sick.
    Take a lap on your walker grandpa. Beater.

Yeti Kills it Again...

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Take a lap on your walker grandpa. Beater.
    I’m faster than you
    Dick Punch

Sersly those EVO bikes are sick as fuck
    crab in my shoe mouth

Revelate Designs (bags and such for bikes) was originally Epic Designs. Specialized threatened to sue. Eric changed the name and kept at it. Now they are the first name in adventure bike stuff and doing OEM for Salsa. No one cares you Epic.

Good bikes but an LBS owner told me he wasnt crazy about being a dealer cuz Specialized will also want him to sell all their specialized shit and so he didn't wana be dictated to or deal with that