Page 1608 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 ... LastLast
Results 40,176 to 40,200 of 46042
    Say it ain't so. That's a whole nother level of dumb.

When I started to read the post I just thought he was being loose with his international mail slang but oh noes lol

I had a work colleague based stateside years back that didn't understand why I couldn't get a truckload of their product overnighted from Toronto to Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I had a work colleague based stateside years back that didn't understand why I couldn't get a truckload of their product overnighted from Toronto to Vancouver.
    Damn.

My homeboys back in SoCalif think Montana is north of the great lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    My homeboys back in SoCalif think Montana is north of the great lakes.
    And? He’s partially correct

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Latitudes, how do they work…..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I should have been more clear, I meant due north.

Back in the day I had a client in Idaho, a mining company that a couple guys from Vancouver had bought. They liked to mess with the employees sometimes. While we were there they passed around a quiz they'd found online to all the staff and to us. 10 questions, name the state capital city from a couple clues. They had a German lady in the office who did accounting and the guy I was working with was a recent transplant from South Africa. South African got 9/10, I got 8 as did one of the owners. The other owner and the German lady got 7. None of the American staff got more than 3 or 4 right.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    The dildo of karmic consequences rarely comes lubed.
    Sig worthy. Bumper sticker worthy.

For the love of god please stop replying to emails with “thank you” as the entirety of the message for routine activities that don’t need it. I get enough email as it is.

Bonus points if you don’t reply all to 20 people.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    For the love of god please stop replying to emails with “thank you” as the entirety of the message for routine activities that don’t need it. I get enough email as it is.

Bonus points if you don’t reply all to 20 people.
    Heh, came here to post something similar. A client of mine just got promoted, email announcing promotion went out to the entire division, and there have been at least 15 reply-all congratulatory emails. FFS.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Heh, came here to post something similar. A client of mine just got promoted, email announcing promotion went out to the entire division, and there have been at least 15 reply-all congratulatory emails. FFS.
    Pro move obviously is to reply all scolding the reply all people.

My org. switched to using BCC to announce job opportunities (which are all around the country and world) and other news. It helps with the reply all issue, but unfortunately they also use varying subject lines which makes it difficult to auto filter these irrelevant to me email into a folder so they don’t clutter my inbox.

The best is when they screw up something in the email so there are two, three or even four in a row for the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Sig worthy. Bumper sticker worthy.
    I like my addition:

And when it does, there's sand in the lube.

That would make an over the top bumper sticker.

sent paypal payment for a Gear Swap item to the wrong person - misspelled the name - fortunately it wasn’t too big a pain in the ass to get a refund from the random

doh!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Colorado Gives Day annoys the fuck out of me.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn Danno. Embrace the hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    She's actually very low key about it, she doesn't care what I eat as long as I don't use the same knife to chop her veggies after cutting raw meat. Which may have happened early in our relationship and resulted in a major dressing down...
    She will occasionally cook meat for group dinners, especially camping. She won't touch it though, something I find really weird considering she spends hours cutting through and digging around people's innards for work. Apparently slicing into human flesh is perfectly fine but cutting a steak in half is over the top.
    But she's not considering EATING those people's innards, you think?
    More seriously, conceptually it's all perfect sense. She thinks eating animals, isn't awesome. And she worries about microbes. (Chopping her veggies after raw meat? Dude, you're probably lucky to still be alive!)

Honestly, it sounds like you all get on really well - like real adults should - respecting the choices you each feel strongly about. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    sent paypal payment for a Gear Swap item to the wrong person - misspelled the name - fortunately it wasn’t too big a pain in the ass to get a refund from the random
    doh!
    I always worry about doing that. Glad to know that I won't be alone when I do.

Isn't it venmo that has you provide the last four digits of the phone number or something to try to prevent this? (I don't much care for venmo - even though paypal and venmo are the same company now. But that's a plus.)

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Damn Danno. Embrace the hate.
    lol.

I'm not annoyed that people give to nonprofits. But the nonstop barrage of emails from every nonprofit I have ever been associated with is very annoying. Each organization has probably sent a half dozen emails over the last 10 days. It's annoying AF.

more money than brains
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Congratulations for purchases. First home? Sure. First car? Maybe. Everything else, no.

It's a great way to do my annual weed out/unsubscribe of firms that I may have missed during black friday.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The constant barage of spam from Palisades telling me how excited I should be about the base to base gondola. How about getting some actual ski lifts open instead. They're failing epically (or should I say Ikonically?) with some excellent December snow. Their operations blog says they can't open Summit until they get 2 more feet of snow on the runout, despite the fact that Roundhouse, which uses the exact same runout has been open. Liars.

I posted this in the Evo thread (but could have posted it here):

It's not just Evo. I ordered a jacket for my daughter direct from Marmot 8 days ago. A few minutes later, discovered that my ex had also ordered the jacket, so I tried to cancel the order maybe 10 minutes after ordering. Since it was a Sunday, I couldn't call, but sent an email asking to cancel the order. On Monday, I called and was on hold for 35 minutes. Finally got a live person, someone from India it seems, and they told me that the order can only be canceled in the first 30 minutes, after that it is in their shipping queue and cannot be canceled. Of course, there was no way to cancel within 30 minutes since it was a Sunday, but... Anyway, he tells me that the only option I have is to refuse the shipment/return it upon receipt. Which seems horribly inefficient but whatever.

Here it is now, 7 days after that phone call to India, and the order that couldn't be canceled because it was in their shipping queue is still "processing" with no additional info. And I never received a response to my email from 8 days ago either.
    It finally shipped, but FedEX won't allow me to cancel the shipment. Instead, I must allow them to ship the package from Nevada to here, then give it back to them. According to their website, I might be able to skip that step by putting a note on my door for the delivery person, but I have no confidence that will actually work.