Atomic Backland Carbon new liner or...

Two full seasons skiing my Backland Carbon, probably around 100 days on them so far.

Best fitting skimo boot I've ever owned.
    Love how they hike uphill.
    Good powder downhill performance.
    Decent mixed conditions high speed performance.

Liners are smush (have been since day 2 really) and need to be changed. Options:

A) Intuition touring liner, tongue style ($200 with fitting), improved feel, same hiking performance.

B) Intuition wrap style ($200 with fitting), improved downhill stiffness, possibly reduced hiking performance (any experience here by anyone? Recommend for/against wrap style liners?)

C) Upgrade to the new Hawx 130 XTD, same moldable fit, not as good uphill (how much of a difference?), epic on the downhill ($750 minus sell my Backland).

No season pass, primarily long days in the BC either lapping steep pow or getting after big peaks/missions, love the fast uphill skimo feel but also charge hard downhill.

Thoughts?

Atomic Backland Carbon new liner or...

If you’re prioritizing missions, i would keep the backland. I’d strongly encourage you to contact dalbello or intuition to see if you can purchase the lupo TI liner - wrap liner with ankle joint.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Keep the Backland Carbon and add an Intuition ProTour and a burlier power strap . . . or keep the Backland AND buy the Hawx Ultra XTD. They are different boots, the Backland goes uphill much better IMO. There isn't really a substitute for a reasonably stiff ~1100 gram boot like the Backland or TLT6 for "big peaks/missions" skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    If you’re prioritizing missions, i would keep the backland. I’d strongly encourage you to contact dalbello or intuition to see if you can purchase the lupo TI liner - wrap liner with ankle joint.
    Well that's interesting, thank you! I'll reach out and see what they can do...

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Keep the Backland Carbon and add an Intuition ProTour and a burlier power strap . . . or keep the Backland AND buy the Hawx Ultra XTD. They are different boots, the Backland goes uphill much better IMO. There isn't really a substitute for a reasonably stiff ~1100 gram boot like the Backland or TLT6 for "big peaks/missions" skiing.
    Word. You know, the vision was to keep the Backland Carbon AND get the Hawx XTD at some point, then I got all money-conscious... I'll get the Backland set with a new liner and power strap, and maybe wait for a spring sale for the Hawx. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    SECONDED for the Lupo Ti intuition wrap/flex liner. Its absolutely amazing, strong and very versatile. Ive even found it to be lighter than other stock touring boot liners (like the Lupo Carbon tongue liner).

Don't know if they are still selling it anymore, but i contacted my shop in Mammoth to see if they could still order it from Dalbello. I'm hoarding a second pair just in case they stop making them soon. Will report back once i hear from them!

Response from Intuition:

We don't carry any of the liners we produce for other brands but we are in the process of making a very similar wrap liner with a flex panel in the back which will be available for purchase in early spring 2018. If you are looking to purchase the Lupo liner you will have to reach out to Dalbello directly.
    I saw Larry's in Boulder yesterday and was confused: the Lupo TI doesn't have a wrap liner, it has a tongue liner with bellows/flex panel in the back. Larry's never heard of a wrap liner for the Lupo line.

Ultimately ordered the Pro Tour / Cross Fit Pro Flex G Liner / Maestrale replacement liner for now ... and probably get the Hawx XTD next year during sale season.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    Response from Intuition:

I saw Larry's in Boulder yesterday and was confused: the Lupo TI doesn't have a wrap liner, it has a tongue liner with bellows/flex panel in the back. Larry's never heard of a wrap liner for the Lupo line.

Ultimately ordered the Pro Tour / Cross Fit Pro Flex G Liner / Maestrale replacement liner for now ... and probably get the Hawx XTD next year during sale season.
    Great news from Intuition! Cant wait for them to release their own wrap/flex liner. The Lupo with the wrap flex liner is the Lupo Ti ID from a couple years ago (bright green)