Cochise 130 vs Lupo 130??

Looking for a comparison on these. Skied the Cochise 130 for a couple years now and just dig them. Very powerful for inbounds and tour decent enough for me, not like a do much of it.

I’ve had them both, I’d say they both very capable boots, for me anyway.
    The lupo has what feels like a taller cuff, and with the tongue out the walk mode is miles better than the cochise. Miles. They both were in need of a forefoot punch for width.
    I also have a low instep so the instep buckle wins on the lupo.
    Lupo is lighter too if I’m not mistaken. Also tunable forward flex with other tongues if you like.

I’m still using the lupo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Fit is a little different on these. Cochise is larger volume in the forfoot and heel. Both trend large in the instep. The Lupo has volume in front of the ankle, for some this is an issue for others it isn't. I had trouble getting up and over in the Lupos if that makes sense, I like to articulate my ankle and roll over into the next turn, couldn't do that with them. If you ski a more centered stance it shouldn't be a problem. Touring isn't really comparable if you take the tongue off on the Lupo... but taking tounge off kinda sucks IMO. I know its not that hard but it's kinda sucks....
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

If I am not mistaken the Lupo is way more upright, i.e. the Cochise has more fwd lean. Plenty of mods around this forum about increasing the fwd lean on the lupo though.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    If I am not mistaken the Lupo is way more upright, i.e. the Cochise has more fwd lean. Plenty of mods around this forum about increasing the fwd lean on the lupo though.
    also very true.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’ve had them both, I’d say they both very capable boots, for me anyway.
    The lupo has what feels like a taller cuff, and with the tongue out the walk mode is miles better than the cochise. Miles. They both were in need of a forefoot punch for width.
    I also have a low instep so the instep buckle wins on the lupo.
    Lupo is lighter too if I’m not mistaken. Also tunable forward flex with other tongues if you like.

I’m still using the lupo.

Wondered how if you were going to chime in as I bought your old Cochise. Hope all is well man!
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    The Cochise has around a 13deg forward lean so the Lupo is what, 11ish? Wow, pretty upright. Not necessarily a bad thing but 13 to me, where I have other boots set to, is very comfortable and natural.
    All great info guys. Once my Achilles will allow, I may have to go try and stuff my foot into a pair. Not sure why I am so intrigued, always looking for better fitment/performance I suppose as I really like how my Cochise fit and ski.

Cochise is 14-15d if I remember correctly
    Lupo is 11-12

Cochise is much edgier and quicker to engage
    Lupo has a deeper flex to it.

Both solid options. Although the current (non ID) Lupo liners are trash. Cochise loner is pretty solid if not that warm.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Cochise is 14-15d if I remember correctly
    Lupo is 11-12

Cochise is much edgier and quicker to engage
    Lupo has a deeper flex to it.

Both solid options. Although the current (non ID) Lupo liners are trash. Cochise loner is pretty solid if not that warm.
    11-12, that’s pretty upright. My Cochise measured at 13.
    The stock liner in the Cochise is decent but I did swap in an Intuition, still a pretty cold boot and I have feet that run on the warm side. I may have pressure somewhere causing low blood flow as I prefer a performance fit.

Lupo is indeed 11 degrees out of the box. Easy to get more lean with shims.

Both are great boots, but not necessarily better than the Hawx XTD, Lange XT3, or Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro (Cochise-like fit minus 550 grams). If you want a 3 piece shell, I'd be tempted to go Roxa R3 rather than Lupo to save a bunch of weight.

Yeah, forgot to mention I’d leaned the lupos pretty far forward.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Lupo is indeed 11 degrees out of the box. Easy to get more lean with shims.

Both are great boots, but not necessarily better than the Hawx XTD, Lange XT3, or Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro (Cochise-like fit minus 550 grams). If you want a 3 piece shell, I'd be tempted to go Roxa R3 rather than Lupo to save a bunch of weight.
    I am on the large end of perfect on fit for the Cochise, and I just couldnt get the ZGTP to work for my foot. All kinds of heel blisters. So id say its similar to the Cochise, but the heel pocket it larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    I am on the large end of perfect on fit for the Cochise, and I just couldnt get the ZGTP to work for my foot. All kinds of heel blisters. So id say its similar to the Cochise, but the heel pocket it larger.
    If the mondopoint size is the same, stick the Cochise liner in the Zero G Tour Pro, I bet the heel movement problem will go away. The ZG liner is thinner and has less contouring in the heel to save weight.

If the mondopoint size is the same, stick the Cochise liner in the Zero G Tour Pro, I bet the heel movement problem will go away. The ZG liner is thinner and has less contouring in the heel to save weight.
    I really tried it all. Cochise liner, intuition tour wrap, heel wraps. I'm a bootfitter so I had the time and tools to mess with it. Just couldn't get it to work with my feet. It was baffling to me and my coworkers. Atomic hawx xtds are great for my very skinny ankles though.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    I really tried it all. Cochise liner, intuition tour wrap, heel wraps. I'm a bootfitter so I had the time and tools to mess with it. Just couldn't get it to work with my feet. It was baffling to me and my coworkers. Atomic hawx xtds are great for my very skinny ankles though.

Interesting. Yeah, nothing like a Hawx Ultra cuff to really lock you in - it's not just the heel dimensions and the foam around the achilles that hold your foot down.

Interesting. Yeah, nothing like a Hawx Ultra cuff to really lock you in - it's not just the heel dimensions that hold your foot down.
    Right. Plus the profile of the heel pocket makes a big difference too obviously. Its a bunch of little things that all add up. Long story short. I just wanted to share that even if a Cochise is great for you, the Zero G might not be.

Hmm...looks like the Cochise this year moved to gripwalk soles.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Hmm...looks like the Cochise this year moved to gripwalk soles.
    Everything with a walk mode over about 1500 grams will now have GripWalk soles.

Cochise 130 vs Lupo 130??

if it fits yer foot......i'd give the XT3 a serious look.

i haven't skied mine yet but fwiw walk mode is bazillion times improved vs the 1st get XT Protours. Both in ease/range motion and locked in/support. Mine are replacing and flex/rebound with the new plastic seems like a real inbounds winner.

Edit to add pic and mention that's for Promodel 140 in 28.5. Old green XT Protours in same size with OG liners and boosters weighed 1994g. Liners are 427g so you can save 150-170g if you went to intuitions. But if your like me, these are 85%+ inbounds use and how they ski is far more important than a few grams.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8641.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	339630

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    I plan to.

Everything with a walk mode over about 1500 grams will now have GripWalk soles.
    this is good to know
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post

i haven't skied mine yet but fwiw walk mode is bazillion times improved vs the 1st get XT Protours. Both in ease/range motion and locked in/support. Mine are replacing and flex/rebound with the new plastic seems like a real inbounds winner.

Edit to add pic and mention that's for Promodel 140 in 28.5. Old green XT Protours in same size with OG liners and boosters weighed 1994g. Liners are 427g so you can save 150-170g if you went to intuitions. But if your like me, these are 85%+ inbounds use and how they ski is far more important than a few grams.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8641.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	339630
    I just picked the 140s up as my first hybrid (and touring) boot to replace my alpines. I'm excited to hear what you think of them. I'll update later this season. I have a low volume foot, with a low instep (26.5) and these fit snugger than the Atomic XTD Hawks.

Tech at Sports Den in SLC said he was using them as his only boot this year.