Page 99 of 112 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2783
    Headed down from Canada to ski timberline and summit hood this coming Wednesday. Can anyone suggest to me a place to rent Crampons? I have all my own gear otherwise, just must have misplaced them during my move

Also wondering if there are any ways to get discounts for timberline lift tickets. I have a powder alliance pass that's still good until saturday, but my friend does not.

Thanks homies!

Killer shot of Q. Thx again for the stylee loaner threads.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by meggers View Post
    Headed down from Canada to ski timberline and summit hood this coming Wednesday. Can anyone suggest to me a place to rent Crampons? I have all my own gear otherwise, just must have misplaced them during my move

Also wondering if there are any ways to get discounts for timberline lift tickets. I have a powder alliance pass that's still good until saturday, but my friend does not.

Thanks homies!
    You can rent crampons at either Mountain Shop or Next Adventure.

http://www.mountainshop.net/location/
    https://nextadventure.net/

Wednesday looks bit windy …in which case the Palmer may not spin and you may have to hike a little longer. Good luck!

Nice pics Flowing! Looks like fun was had.

I'll be there to close things down this weekend. Great season. Good to meet many new faces. I look forward to next year, but first...a bunch of mountain biking, hiking, BBQ'ing, beers, fun in the sun, and perhaps a bit a golf thrown in there too!

Thanks homies!
    Looks like someone already gave you the headsup on crampon rental. also REI (lots of locations) and Portland Mountain Community.

I'm going to try to make Wednesday happen at Tline. I have 2 tix I have to use before the 29th... If I can let one go, I'll let you know.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    You can rent crampons at either Mountain Shop or Next Adventure.

http://www.mountainshop.net/location/
    https://nextadventure.net/

Wednesday looks bit windy …in which case the Palmer may not spin and you may have to hike a little longer. Good luck!

Thanks! We will be around until Sunday, so hopefully we can just wait it out and get some classic summer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Looks like someone already gave you the headsup on crampon rental. also REI (lots of locations) and Portland Mountain Community.

I'm going to try to make Wednesday happen at Tline. I have 2 tix I have to use before the 29th... If I can let one go, I'll let you know.
    Any chance either of you know if there is a place we could rent on the east side somewhere? We are coming from the interior and would like to avoid the trip into Portland, but if we must, we will.

And FatKid, let me know if you want to give up that ticket. It would be greatly appreciated, but I understand if you can't!

NSR: anyone have good beta on dispersed camping spots within about 2.5 hrs from PDX that would have a chance at being available on Saturday and Sunday nights? Unfortunately work obligations are keeping us home until 5 pm Saturday, but still want to get out there. Feels like it may be a pretty big crapshoot. We have 4x4 with good ground clearance, but can't really do anything too gnarly off road. Tundra with AT tires and all that.

Check with Mountainology in Rhododendron they can probably help you out and it is on the HW 26 on your way up the hill. Really nice guys.

Any chance either of you know if there is a place we could rent on the east side somewhere? We are coming from the interior and would like to avoid the trip into Portland, but if we must, we will.

second the super nice guys at mountainology

If you can't get ahold of mountainology guys, REI at clack amass town center is eastside pdx. Keeps you away from the zombie apocalypse in downtown (power is out for 20 blocks for 24 hrs!?!)

Looks like I'm a solid for thurs at Tline, if anyone will be around. Eyeing another day before tues.

Is cascade lakes highway open to devil's lake (S Sister TH)? I'm too stupid to interpret the ODOT page

I drove by yesterday and at least the Bachelor end is still burried under a heavy snow pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Is cascade lakes highway open to devil's lake (S Sister TH)? I'm too stupid to interpret the ODOT page
    According to this ODOT will have plowed Century Drive from Mt B to Elk Lake by June 4. Guessing they will not open the Bachey to Devils Lake section before then due to heavy equipment : stupid touron conflicts.

You should be able to get to Elk Lake from the south by this weekend.

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Back when they would stay open till the 4th of July that route was almost always open by Memorial Day. We would take full advantage of the much shorter drive and day trip it from Eugene heavily. It made June one of my fave ski months.

2016-2017 ORYGUN - Annual Pow, Beer, and Duct Tape Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    According to this ODOT will have plowed Century Drive from Mt B to Elk Lake by June 4. Guessing they will not open the Bachey to Devils Lake section before then due to heavy equipment : stupid touron conflicts.

You should be able to get to Elk Lake from the south by this weekend.
    Fuck. So much for that plan. If you wanted to bang out a good vert volcano this weekend in the Bend area, I guess it's N or M Sister? No, not bachelor.

Mt Washington? If the road to the youth camp is open it is prime season.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Fuck. So much for that plan. If you wanted to bang out a good vert volcano this weekend in the Bend area, I guess it's N or M Sister? No, not bachelor.
    How much of a slog in are you willing to tolerate? The approaches to middle Sister @pole creek trailhead should be open (check with Sisters Ranger District to be sure) if you are willing to hike/skin for 6+ hours from there. You may be able to get to the Obsidian trailhead if you park your car at the east gate of 242 and cycle 7 miles to the trailhead.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    How much of a slog in are you willing to tolerate? The approaches to middle Sister @pole creek trailhead should be open (check with Sisters Ranger District to be sure) if you are willing to hike/skin for 6+ hours from there. You may be able to get to the Obsidian trailhead if you park your car at the east gate of 242 and cycle 7 miles to the trailhead.
    If Pole creek is open, we'll prolly just do that. Hate the slog, but oh well.

Whenabouts should I be looking to start skinning for a Southside Hood summit on Friday or Saturday? Me and a buddy need to be in Portland for work on Sunday and figured the weather deserved a detour.

I'm seeing 2 am start times from Timberline discussed for climbers but not a lot of ski-specific info. Have a powder alliance day left, would getting a Palmer assist be the way to go, or too late in the day?

Any other beta much appreciated, including "don't do it, you'll just add to the crowd of idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by SkreeDaProw View Post
    Whenabouts should I be looking to start skinning for a Southside Hood summit on Friday or Saturday? Me and a buddy need to be in Portland for work on Sunday and figured the weather deserved a detour.

I'm seeing 2 am start times from Timberline discussed for climbers but not a lot of ski-specific info. Have a powder alliance day left, would getting a Palmer assist be the way to go, or too late in the day?

Any other beta much appreciated, including "don't do it, you'll just add to the crowd of idiots"

If if you want to summit, I suggest an early start. (I'm slow.) If I were you, I'd leave as early as I could... 2 am is not out of the question depending on your pace. Friday and Saturday are looking very sunny and warm... (And busy!) The upper mountain gets very unstable when it gets warm, so best to be back down off the hogsback before things get too slidy. If you are planning to ski west crater rim, same advice.

If you are not as set on summiting, and are more into the Skiing, then I suggest you use your pass and start at 8500ft. The skiing will probably be great on triangle morraine (above Palmer lift, below crater rock) and the zig zag glacier until things get gloppy (10-11:30). If you time it right, you can lift up; skin to crater rock; have a toke; and ski down perfect corn all the way to the bottom of stormin normans. Repeat if you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    If you are not as set on summiting, and are more into the Skiing, then I suggest you use your pass and start at 8500ft. The skiing will probably be great on triangle morraine (above Palmer lift, below crater rock) and the zig zag glacier until things get gloppy (10-11:30). If you time it right, you can lift up; skin to crater rock; have a toke; and ski down perfect corn all the way to the bottom of stormin normans. Repeat if you dare.
    Sweet, thanks for the info! I think we'll go with that on Friday, scope things out, and see how interested we are in waking up at 2 am on Saturday.

So who's hitting Bachy for closing day Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    So who's hitting Bachy for closing day Sunday?
    I will be there Saturday and Sunday with the family in tow. (Possible the family is tired Sunday and skips, aka son would rather play with his ipad and my wife wants to sleep...but I will be there!) I'd say that I would just look for the pink gorilla, but I am guessing temps will be a bit too warm for that...
    Last edited by puma; 05-25-2017 at 10:59 AM.

I will try and do Sunday. Pink gorilla check.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363