Page 92 of 524 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 13089

Thread: Ask the experts

It's not just about your lungs. PM2.5s are so small they actually get into your bloodstream and cause damage to your arteries and other organs. Wildfire smoke also contains benzenes and other chemicals that are absorbed into your blood and cause systemic damage. It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I bailed East, though, and things are better here in Ely. The trails are also excellent.
    Tell me more about Ely trails.

Because Stan's sealant, tape, and rims blew away UST like it never happened. The market decided. UST standard was not gonna work with multiple tire sizes, erd, and only Mavic had sealed rims. Fun while it lasted but tires got better when they no longer had to be air tight, narrow, and stunk of French.

We finally dipped below 400 ug/m3 today for the first time since Labor Day heh. There were some days it was over 600 in my valley ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Because Stan's sealant, tape, and rims blew away UST like it never happened. The market decided. UST standard was not gonna work with multiple tire sizes, erd, and only Mavic had sealed rims. Fun while it lasted but tires got better when they no longer had to be air tight, narrow, and stunk of French.
    FWIW, my UST rims were Eastons.

I don't see how TR rims/tires "blew away" UST. But I also don't miss UST or even think about it...except when changing tires (and shredding the rim tape, at least to some degree, in the process - not that I always need to replace it).

Sealant and taped rims blew UST away in sales. The most important metric

FWIW your easton UST was licensed from Mavic.

That nonsense is part of why tubeless ready stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Tell me more about Ely trails.
    I've always been curious about that area too.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    at the time I bought them they had pretty much just won the MBA tire shoot out, they were fast rolling, traction was ok but they leaked air so I eventualy put tubes in them, not sure what I did with them
    My experience with Nevegals was never ending pinch-flats.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Glad I stayed in today. Have kinda felt like crap the past 5 days or so and it's gotta be from smoke. You guys farther west really have it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Glad I stayed in today. Have kinda felt like crap the past 5 days or so and it's gotta be from smoke. You guys farther west really have it bad.
    It's fucking horrendous. I haven't ridden in a couple weeks.

Woohoo!!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Maybe I'll do a mini-TR, but for now I'll just say that Ely is worth the trip! There are way more trails than TF shows, and nearly unlimited possiblities for extending loops on ATV roads.
    I won't pollute this thread more than this...

Yes, I am a Strava nerd.
    https://strava.app.link/wUPvnNmxT9
    https://strava.app.link/Rx8gxNqxT9
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Maybe I'll do a mini-TR, but for now I'll just say that Ely is worth the trip! There are way more trails than TF shows, and nearly unlimited possiblities for extending loops on ATV roads.

Yes, I am a Strava nerd.
    Nice.

Was just looking at the map this morning and wondering if it would be worth it to swing down that way from Ashland, OR on way to Moab, UT. I have been through northern and southern NV, but never the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    My experience with Nevegals was never ending pinch-flats.
    You don't say...By the way, my new Kendas are still holding up well! I haven't been riding as much as I normally would, this time of year.

Yes, I am a Strava nerd.
    Rad! Thinking about heading out there next weekend for Fears, Tears, and Beers. Post the TR!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    You don't say...By the way, my new Kendas are still holding up well! I haven't been riding as much as I normally would, this time of year.
    I think that's a pretty good way to keep Kendas in good shape - don't ride on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    wondering if it would be worth it to swing down that way from Ashland, OR
    When you gonna be out that way?

Rogue National Forest Siskyou Mountains Ranger District is still closed and it’s unclear when opening will happen. I think that’s largely gonna be dependent on the Slater Fire and Obenchain Fire progress and how many resources are still gonna be needed for mopping up the big fires east of Portland Salem Eugene.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    When you gonna be out that way?

Rogue National Forest Siskyou Mountains Ranger District is still closed and it’s unclear when opening will happen. I think that’s largely gonna be dependent on the Slater Fire and Obenchain Fire progress and how many resources are still gonna be needed for mopping up the big fires east of Portland Salem Eugene.
    Probably 9/29 - 10/5. Supposed to race California Enduro on the south side (no fire on that side of town) of Ashland on 10/4. Honestly shocked it hasn't been cancelled yet.

Ask the experts

Yeah there’s no fire anywhere that would threaten Mount A but like I said the National Forest is closed, and almost all those trails are in the NF - but I’m not totally sure where the boundary is.

Also, the Slater fire is pretty much WSW from there, which is pretty much the prevailing wind direction too. Unless the fire activity really ramps down from this current rain cycle, the mountain would only be rideable in NW or offshore flow patterns.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Want great riding without smoke? Come on down to New Mexico

Want to know why Enduro racers run cushcore and DH tires? Watch the middle part of this video. Without a solid setup tires would get peeled off on this rock segment. Gnarly

https://youtu.be/YQbmqOwNA_Q

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Want to know why Enduro racers run cushcore and DH tires? Watch the middle part of this video. Without a solid setup tires would get peeled off on this rock segment. Gnarly

https://youtu.be/YQbmqOwNA_Q
    Man - that was fun to watch.

And now I'd kinda like to ride that track.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Man - that was fun to watch.

And now I'd kinda like to ride that track.
    It'll be a while before Italy lets you in.

There are some fun tight sections and some nice off camber rocks. It looked like a little rock booter until the one person got their rear end chucked sideways and crashed....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Any ideas on what might be causing this creaking noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Pj...ature=youtu.be

I've noticed it over my last 2-3 rides. Hard to tell if it's the chain or something else... I did clean and lube the drive train (no degreaser but thorough scrub/wipe) on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Yeah there’s no fire anywhere that would threaten Mount A but like I said the National Forest is closed, and almost all those trails are in the NF - but I’m not totally sure where the boundary is.

Also, the Slater fire is pretty much WSW from there, which is pretty much the prevailing wind direction too. Unless the fire activity really ramps down from this current rain cycle, the mountain would only be rideable in NW or offshore flow patterns.
    So even if the race is on we could be racing in tons of smoke?