Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Should Georgia be booted from CFP? Any other team more deserving?

More likely the CFP will split Bama and Georgia so that they can only face each other in a final - but why would that be entertaining? Georgia had no answers for Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Should Georgia be booted from CFP? Any other team more deserving?

More likely the CFP will split Bama and Georgia so that they can only face each other in a final - but why would that be entertaining? Georgia had no answers for Bama.
    It depends.. Do we want the best teams represented or do we want conference diversity? It will be interesting to see if Michigan or Cinci can hang with either GA or AL. Georgia has the talent to hang with AL.. They go out coached by Saban and co.. No doubt GA will make big adjustments if/when they play again.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    second. nippert is one of the best places to play college football on campus, its literally in the middle of campus; great atmosphere
    My buddy’s kid is getting looks from Cincinnati for baseball....(only a HS sophomore)...when they went on his initial recruiting visit this fall, he was ready to sign just purely based on facilities.....

Got a kid I taught/coached that runs XC/Track for Cincinnati...doing well, loves it. Facilities sold him....and academic program he was searching for as well....lol

They have pumped a ton of money into UC......and it shows.

Miichigan #1 seed?

would be great if bama and georgia meet again in the final and then bama waxes them again. sweet ending to georgia being hailed as the dominant team all season and coughing it up at the end
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    would be great if bama and georgia meet again in the final and then bama waxes them again. sweet ending to georgia being hailed as the dominant team all season and coughing it up at the end
    Wasn't Alabama ranked #1 until they lost to #23 Texas A&M on October 9.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    In more important college football news, UMHB (12-0) has cruised to the NCAA Div III quarter-finals, and will face Linfield In Crusader Stadium in Belton TX this Saturday at 12 noon. I plan to attend, provided I can get tickets, which go on sale tomorrow for the general public. Tickets are $10.
    The game yesterday did not disappoint. My $10 got me a seat on the 45 yd line 2 rows up from the field. Pretty good for an actual NCAA playoff game :-).

Linfield looked good early in the game, and a few other times, but UMHB cruised to a 49-24 victory. On to the semifinals at Whitewater! Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to make that trip, or to Canton, either, for the Stagg bowl if they happen to make it that far.

Go Cru!

Looks like Mario is headed to Miami. Good riddance I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
    Looks like Mario is headed to Miami. Good riddance I say.
    Great recruiter, bad coach.

Horrible coach. He not only stuck with Brown but stuck to a passing dominated offense led by Brown.

Fucking embarrassment.

Sooners got Venerables. Stoops must have kissed some serious ass to convince him to come back after hiring his own brother to basically replace him 20 years ago. Not bad for a guy who didn't even play for Oklahoma. He's going to be the local living legend when Switzer finally dies.

So it's Bama vs Cinci.. That's like "congrats now you get to fight Chun Lee"

Name:  blyng.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  7.0 KB

Georgia vs Michigan? That's gonna be a slobberknocker..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I was certainly glad to hear the news that Moorhead was leaving. Losing Cristobal at this point is going to really effect recruiting. I have no idea who the ducks will go after. But hopefully someone who might stay for a bit. I always felt that pushing Bellotti out for Chip was a mistake. Chip was never going to stay and it’s been a coaching carousel ever since.

If Mario leaves, I wouldn't be surprised if we go after Chip. Hard to argue with the results he had at Oregon. If he inherited the current roster and we didn't lose too many recruits, it would be a scary offense.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Best uniforms? The kit the Ducks were sporting against the utes were absolutely disgusting. Disappointed, yes. But I’ve been going to Duck’s games since before I can actually remember. Win or lose, I’m always a fan who’ll always represent. There’s not a team I actively cheer for that’s a perennial winner, Ducks are probably the most successful. Do I wish they’d win more? Fuck yes. But emotions run deep. We beat the fuskies and swamp rats this year, that’s always a good year. Oh, and we beat the fuckeyes at the horseshoe. Maybe the Utes would be big10 or is it actually 12 teams champions? Maybe Jim Jordan can be the fuckeyes advocate
    All my smack talking I better hope we beat Utah in the Rose Bowl…! I am feeling good about our odds but if we don’t I will be the first one to blame it on the referees…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    If Mario leaves, I wouldn't be surprised if we go after Chip. Hard to argue with the results he had at Oregon. If he inherited the current roster and we didn't lose too many recruits, it would be a scary offense.
    Chip Kelly would be a better game to watch but he'll have a tough time winning the natty. He revolutionized college offense but everyone has caught up at this point. You add that to him not being an elite recruiter and distaste for sucking big booster cock will create a ceiling for the team. If Mario leaves it'll be a tough road in the next few years with USC leading the charge in the Pac12.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Chip Kelly would be a better game to watch but he'll have a tough time winning the natty. He revolutionized college offense but everyone has caught up at this point. You add that to him not being an elite recruiter and distaste for sucking big booster cock will create a ceiling for the team. If Mario leaves it'll be a tough road in the next few years with USC leading the charge in the Pac12.
    Maybe try to get Chris Peterson to unretire.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Well Cristobal is right now meeting with the players telling them how he sold them a River of lies and is off to Miami. Peterson would be great but I highly doubt he’d come. Clownzano reported this morning that Oregon pulled the offer from Cristobal once they found out he was talking to Miami. Don’t want to be here, then leave. I imagine they’ve already got something cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Well Cristobal is right now meeting with the players telling them how he sold them a River of lies and is off to Miami. Peterson would be great but I highly doubt he’d come. Clownzano reported this morning that Oregon pulled the offer from Cristobal once they found out he was talking to Miami. Don’t want to be here, then leave. I imagine they’ve already got something cooking.
    Hello mediocrity for the next few years, long time Duck fan so I'm use to it. Say what you want about Mario being a shitty game coach but that dude brought in some serious talent.
    Chip Kelly- great innovator but hates recruiting. Four years in at UCLA and they're just OK.
    Chris Peterson- Great at Boise State with overlooked, mid-major kids, not an elite recruiter and turned around UW to the point of respectable PAC 12 but not a national presence.

Whoever figures out how to really implement NIL at their schools to pay the average starters will be the next dynasty. ALL the elite kids already get taken care of but when you get the reputation of taking care of all the players financially it'll be the real game changer. To be really do this well you need quite a few high networth boosters, my money is on USC in the Pac 12.

Did you guys see Mario cant make it to Florida?? Turns out he cant get by Utah!

Hello mediocrity for the next few years, long time Duck fan so I'm use to it. Say what you want about Mario being a shitty game coach but that dude brought in some serious talent.
    Chip Kelly- great innovator but hates recruiting. Four years in at UCLA and they're just OK.
    Chris Peterson- Great at Boise State with overlooked, mid-major kids, not an elite recruiter and turned around UW to the point of respectable PAC 12 but not a national presence.

Whoever figures out how to really implement NIL at their schools to pay the average starters will be the next dynasty. ALL the elite kids already get taken care of but when you get the reputation of taking care of all the players financially it'll be the real game changer. To be really do this well you need quite a few high networth boosters, my money is on USC in the Pac 12.
    I hear Wilcox might be in the running which I would be happy about. Peterson would be my first choice, but you're probably right that he won't do it. He did better than making UW respectable...he got them in the final 4 one year. My UW friends were bummed when he bailed.

Miami, enjoy good recruiting classes and a total vanilla offense with a terrible game manager. I heard U of O offered him $7.5M but then he went radio silent, obviously because he had already taken a better offer from Miami. Anyhow, here's to hoping he sees the same success as Willie Taggart at FSU. Go fuck yourself Mario...you suck.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Game Over View Post
    Did you guys see Mario cant make it to Florida?? Turns out he cant get by Utah!
    That made me smile. Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I hear Wilcox might be in the running which I would be happy about. Peterson would be my first choice, but you're probably right that he won't do it. He did better than making UW respectable...he got them in the final 4 one year. My UW friends were bummed when he bailed.

Miami, enjoy good recruiting classes and a total vanilla offense with a terrible game manager. I heard U of O offered him $7.5M but then he went radio silent, obviously because he had already taken a better offer from Miami. Anyhow, here's to hoping he sees the same success as Willie Taggart at FSU. Go fuck yourself Mario...you suck.
    I never get worked up over coaches leaving, they usually left somewhere else to get to to their destination. Whoever they get it will take a season or two to recover. I think Wilcox is a decent coach but not elite, the timing of this makes it tough since most of poachable guys have been picked over. Let's see if they can pull a Dana Altman out if their hat and make a run in the near future.
    Idk how many times I have told my 23 yo recent Duck grad that having an elite football team in Eugene is a privilege not a right.
    If they're gonna make a real run it needs to be soon before uncle Phil kicks the bucket, he's getting old. NOBODY can throw that kind of juice at the program, certainly not Kilkenny and we just don't have that kind of wealth in the state.

I never get worked up over coaches leaving, they usually left somewhere else to get to to their destination. Whoever they get it will take a season or two to recover. I think Wilcox is a decent coach but not elite, the timing of this makes it tough since most of poachable guys have been picked over. Let's see if they can pull a Dana Altman out if their hat and make a run in the near future.
    Idk how many times I have told my 23 yo recent Duck grad that having an elite football team in Eugene is a privilege not a right.
    If they're gonna make a real run it needs to be soon before uncle Phil kicks the bucket, he's getting old. NOBODY can throw that kind of juice at the program, certainly not Kilkenny and we just don't have that kind of wealth in the state.
    Perhaps I'm naive, but does Alabama have that sort of wealth? It would make sense that Georgia does, given that Atlanta is the city of the south, but Alabama strikes me as having less wealth than many of its neighbors.

To everyone saying get ready for a few Oregon down years….

Have you been oblivious to the last few years? Oregon sucked last year. Three loss this year and they were even bad at times with a future HOFer Herbert due to his shit coaching.

Who ever they get Oregon will be just fine if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Perhaps I'm naive, but does Alabama have that sort of wealth? It would make sense that Georgia does, given that Atlanta is the city of the south, but Alabama strikes me as having less wealth than many of its neighbors.
    SEC football crazy can't be compared to University of Oregon football. People here just aren't that invested here, emotionally or financially. If you take Phil Knight and Pat Kilkenny out of the booster financial pool there just isn't much there. I'm not taking about the relative wealth of a state rather what the average donor is willing to pony up into the big bucket.