Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Let's not forget about Cam.
    Mac FTW.. just waiting for his shot.

Let's not forget about Cam.
    Contractually I don’t think we’re allowed to. It’s like he won’t just fade away.
    I still call it The Jake.

The problem with Lamar is that with one minute left and no timeouts there are 20+ QB's that are better than him. Cam Newton at his best had the same problem. There are some situations where running ability just doesn't make up for being a below average passer. Those scenarios come up in the playoffs.

Did someone say Cam?
    swing your fucking sword.

NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I think Lamar is a very good QB but as mentioned above, I don’t think him running 50 horizontal yards to gain 3 vertical is sustainable. I think the loss of Dobbins will impact Lamar’s game in a very negative way. .
    That’s more Fran Tarkenton…Lamar does his dancing behind the LOS here and there , but the read option , one cut and go stuff is his bread and butter . He’s in a class of his own there.

If Lamar regresses , it won’t be because he’s missing Dobbins . I know everyone is holding their breath waiting for him to become a RB or shred his knee, but I see a player who’s already a top talent at the position and has plenty of room to improve

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    The problem with Lamar is that with one minute left and no timeouts there are 20+ QB's that are better than him.
    I'd like to see what 20+ QBs you have ahead of Lamar in a two-minute scenario. 10? sure, but 20??

He needs more/better opportunities to pass and better decision making for sure, but I don't think below average passers lead the league in passing TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    That’s more Fran Tarkenton…Lamar does his dancing behind the LOS here and there , but the read option , one cut and go stuff is his bread and butter . He’s in a class of his own there.

If Lamar regresses , it won’t be because he’s missing Dobbins . I know everyone is holding their breath waiting for him to become a RB or shred his knee, but I see a player who’s already a top talent at the position and has plenty of room to improve
    Fair enough. FWIW, I still have them ahead of the Browns in the division until I see otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    I'd like to see what 20+ QBs you have ahead of Lamar in a two-minute scenario. 10? sure, but 20??

He needs more/better opportunities to pass and better decision making for sure, but I don't think below average passers lead the league in passing TDs.
    Off the top of my head Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Watson, Allen, Stafford, Murray, Prescott, Carr, Ryan, Tannehill, Mayfield, Cousins, Garappolo, Herbert and Burrow offer more than Lamar in a no pass scenario. Maybe Big Ben, Fitzgerald, Goff
    too. Looking at the rookies, Jones, Wilson and Lawrence might be there soon.

People always talk about how a QB that can run adds a dimension that is hard to defend. But when an offense needs the threat of the run to be effective you have a different set of problems. When you're down 10 with 5 minutes left, or you're down 4 with 1 minute left and 1 timeout, the other team doesn't care if you can get 7 yds a carry. They welcome it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Holy shit... I don't think anyone saw the release of Cam Newton by the Patriots coming this morning!

Eggs are officially in the Mac Jones basket.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Good luck with that. Maybe he’s a guy, but holy hell not having an experienced backup could bite them in the ass real fast if he sucks.

This is horrible. I wanted to see his post game outfits.

Not NFL but this Bishop Sycamore shit that duped ESPN is hilarious.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

LOL and the jags just traded away minshew for pennies.

I bet Cam still has a job with the Pats if he had gotten the vax. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Good luck with that. Maybe he’s a guy, but holy hell not having an experienced backup could bite them in the ass real fast if he sucks.
    Hoyer's been around for a long time and is arguably a better resource for Mac than Cam (based on playing style).
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I bet Cam still has a job with the Pats if he had gotten the vax. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    yep.

it's also possible BB came to him and said I'm starting the kid, are you ok being a backup, and released him out of respect when he said no.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well if Mac doesn't work out, I don't think Fitzmagic has played with the Pats yet, so he might be available next season.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Most of these guys are available and all have prior starting QB experience:

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yep.

it's also possible BB came to him and said I'm starting the kid, are you ok being a backup, and released him out of respect when he said no.
    This is probably the case. The guy is at the stage of his career where he probably wants to hang onto a starting job somewhere and show that he can still get it done. Playing backup to a rookie probably isn't a good fit.

Maybe his resume would look better if he hadn't gotten COVID last year and didn't have to quarantine and sit out this preseason. Oh well. He's probably just done due to age and injury history.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

This is horrible. I wanted to see his post game outfits.

Not NFL but this Bishop Sycamore shit that duped ESPN is hilarious.
    Can we talk about this for a minute?

I don't follow high school sports by any means but this story is just too bizarre to pass up. A made up online "school" with a football program that isn't recognized by Ohio HS Athletic Association that somehow conned their way onto ESPN against AAU University with what sounds like a 30 man roster? Now the coach has a warrant out for his arrest for something related to unpaid hotel bills for the team? They had a former player's dad on the radio this morning and the whole thing just sounds beyond crooked and dangerous for the kids.

I'm sure there will be a 30 for 30 on it soon.

I don't follow high school sports by any means but this story is just too bizarre to pass up. A made up online "school" with a football program that isn't recognized by Ohio HS Athletic Association that somehow conned their way onto ESPN against AAU University with what sounds like a 30 man roster? Now the coach has a warrant out for his arrest for something related to unpaid hotel bills for the team? They had a former player's dad on the radio this morning and the whole thing just sounds beyond crooked and dangerous for the kids.

Yeah, that whole thing is beyond messed up. It just raises so many questions about how these "athletics schools" get away with the kids not even really going to school. Then if the kids do go on to college, do they even have a verifiable GPA coming out of these "high schools".

IMG Academy in Florida is $85k per year tuition. I wonder how many of those students go pro? My guess is not many. I'm having trouble thinking of an NFL player who came from a super wealthy family that could afford such tuition...oh yeah, Johnny Manziel.

If Cam signs as back up for that team in Dallas, I will be forced to move on. It was fun while it lasted, Cameron Jerrell Newton (well, it was fun for like 3 seasons).
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    If Cam signs as back up for that team in Dallas, I will be forced to move on. It was fun while it lasted, Cameron Jerrell Newton (well, it was fun for like 3 seasons).
    Not likely.. unless he gets vaccinated. Dallas GM along with other GMs are basically requiring vaccinations. I still think Cam gets picked up by another team and that Cam was released due to being a back up and not covid.

If gets vaccinated, I hope he signs with WFT. The press conferences would be great: Cam in his shiny $50k suits and Fitzmagic looking like a bearded hobo.

Yes. This is bizarre and I am definitely watching the 30 for 30. How does this happen in the age of internets?

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    If gets vaccinated, I hope he signs with WFT. The press conferences would be great: Cam in his shiny $50k suits and Fitzmagic looking like a bearded hobo.
    I am also all in for this. Go ahead and make this happen please.

Also, I finally figured out how to multiquote in the app. You should definitely judge me based on the fact that it took me about 2 years to figure it out.