Page 7 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Josh Allen looking like a $258M QB. That TD throw to Davis was a 32 yard hose, 8’ off the groun

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Cynthia Freland working the sidelines for the Bills network said she could hear that throw. Wow.

NFL 2021/2022

Its our year !
    I just hope Beasley doesn’t fuck the whole thing up

He's not the only unvaxxed guy, just the most vocal and the best outlet target to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Its our year !
    I just hope Beasley doesn’t fuck the whole thing up

Staying healthy is always part of a successful season, fingers crossed because the bottom of the 53 on this team is stacked. They're going to be cutting legit NFL talent next week, new territory for Buffalo.

They look so good it's hard to remember why they've been so bad for so long

Save it until week 14. They have plenty of time to fuck it up.

It's still surreal how good Josh has become. This guy couldn't elevate his team at Wyoming, playing like complete shit anytime he faced a Power 5 team. He gets drafted high for being a "big athletic guy with big arm". 3 years later, and he is absolutely torching defenses as a borderline top 5 QB. It's insane!

I love the roster, coaching staff and front office. This is not a "studs and duds" team. We have quality depth, tons of good + great starters, and elite players at key positions.

I flew the Bills flag from Longs Peak on Saturday. It's our year. Let's go.

It's still surreal how good Josh has become. This guy couldn't elevate his team at Wyoming, playing like complete shit anytime he faced a Power 5 team. He gets drafted high for being a "big athletic guy with big arm". 3 years later, and he is absolutely torching defenses as a borderline top 5 QB. It's insane!

I love the roster, coaching staff and front office. This is not a "studs and duds" team. We have quality depth, tons of good + great starters, and elite players at key positions.

borderline top 5? who you got ahead of him? i put him behind only Rodgers and Mahomes.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    borderline top 5? who you got ahead of him? i put him behind only Rodgers and Mahomes.

There apparently isn't a gif with the 7th ring
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Russell Wilson, Tom Fucking Brady and the perv from Houston.

A lot of QB's have a great season or two. I think Josh Allen is Legit, but I won't put him ahead of guys who've strung together multiple excellent seasons, including while playing without a great supporting cast. If Josh does it again, while tearing up some good defenses while his line isn't holding up, or while Diggs misses a few weeks, I'd put him right in that top group.

Again, I think Allen gets there, but it can be hard to tell how good a guy really is when he is playing in a pretty ideal situation (although Buffalo's line is solid but not special). Sort of like Baker. He played well lest year, but I suspect if you take away the A+ O line and running game he's just a middle of the pack guy. He might even be at the back of the middle of the pack. Not impressed with Baker as a pocket passer. Josh is the opposite, I think he's going to be one of the best for a while. I think he may actually improve a bit when it comes to throwing the ball with timing. But I want to see him take over some games when his teammates are struggling and put down another high usage, low turnover season.

This type of confidence is very often rewarded in a spectacular display of consequences and regret.

Lets be real, Brady is not a better qb right now than Josh Allen. And after his collapse in the second half of last season, neither is Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Save it until week 14. They have plenty of time to fuck it up.
    I've even lost the feeling they'll blow it at any time, it's quite liberating.

Greg Rousseau looks the part and they just traded a solid rotational DE to the Panthers because they had too many.

OG situation is less than ideal and I'm not sold on CB depth or the #2 spot opposite Tre White, probably the best LB corps since McBeane got here.

Football Sundays soon come!

Longevity matters. My list would look something like this:

1) Mahomes
    2) Brady
    3) Rodgers
    4) Wilson
    5.) Allen
    6.) Lamar
    7.) Tannenhill

I'm not ranking Watson because he's off playing scout team safety.

Let's not forget about Cam.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Lets be real, Brady is not a better qb right now than Josh Allen. And after his collapse in the second half of last season, neither is Wilson.
    Allen is certainly a more impressive specimen. He's everything a 13 year old fan wants in a QB, running all over the place making big throws. But in a playoff game happening today I would absolutely bet on Brady or Wilson over Allen. The older guys are less likely to fuck up, and more prepared to adapt on the fly if their offense is getting stifled. These things matter more than making awesome throws on the run.

Like I said, a lot of QB's put together a big season or two. Derek Carr finished 3rd in the MVP voting. Carson Wentz was the favorite before he tore his ACL 2107. Cam Newton did won an MVP. They all looked like the future of the game for a while there. They weren't.

I am a Josh Allen believer. But I wouldn't pick him over guys with long track records.

Longevity matters. My list would look something like this:

1) Mahomes
    2) Brady
    3) Rodgers
    4) Wilson
    5.) Allen
    6.) Lamar
    7.) Tannenhill

I'm not ranking Watson because he's off playing scout team safety.
    I do not believe Lamar Allen is a top 10 QB right now, and I definitely don't think he'll be a top 10 QB in 4 years.

first group

• Mahomes
    • Brady
    • Rodgers

second

• Watson
    • Allen
    • Wilson

third
    • Prescott
    • Tannehill
    • Burrow
    • Mayfield
    • Murray
    • Jackson

I'll put Jackson in that third tier, but I'll take every QB in that tier before Lamar. I don't think he's a consistent passer and I don't believe his running is as good as it has been (him slowing down + defenses going smaller/quicker at LB). I also don't think it'll last very long, as his brand of football has more in common with the longevity of RBs than with QBs.

Ok, go ahead and call me an idiot.

Oh my, how many pages is this going to go on for?

Agreed on Lamar. Not even close to a top arm talent.

I can get behind the bills as the AFC team to go for this year.

We appreciate the support, but honestly we'd prefer you just head over to the Browns thread.

I did that last year.

Lamar's a great player; I give the Ravens a ton of credit for building their offense around his skillset.

Despite an extremely impressive resume, he still gets a ton of flack. I don't get it. Between the unanimous MVP, rewriting the record books, W/L record (yes, I know it's a team stat, but there are winning players), you can't argue the results.

I think the best is yet to come from him!

lol

Allen may be more physically gifted in terms of mobility and huge arm, but there’s so much more than being physically gifted to be a great QB. Brady still has a damn good arm and beats ya with his brain.

Lamar's a great player; I give the Ravens a ton of credit for building their offense around his skillset.

Despite an extremely impressive resume, he still gets a ton of flack. I don't get it. Between the unanimous MVP, rewriting the record books, W/L record (yes, I know it's a team stat, but there are winning players), you can't argue the results.

I think the best is yet to come from him!
    Yeah Lamar is the shit, he’s a good passer. Won MVP and led the league in passing TDs? I will admit there’s still a lot of improvements to be made in his pass game, especially the decision making aspect.

Hoping this JK Dobbins injury doesn’t push the Ravens to run Lamar more.I like it when Lamar runs, but don’t use it as your main play, use it as a threat when the offense is running well and defenses have to account for the pass and RB game.

It was said earlier, the more Lamar runs the more likely he doesn’t last very long in this league.. I mean JK Dobbins is younger than Lamar and just sustained a season ending injury that will hurt the productivity of the Ravens offense

Quote Originally Posted by NWFlow View Post
    I did that last year.
    We appreciate the support.

I think Lamar is a very good QB but as mentioned above, I don’t think him running 50 horizontal yards to gain 3 vertical is sustainable. I think the loss of Dobbins will impact Lamar’s game in a very negative way. So much more is on his shoulders now.
    I still call it The Jake.