Page 149 of 184 FirstFirst ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4591
    ^ You must mean the lifetime pass! Great deal*

*To be revoked at the next sale of the property.
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

Anybody on here a resident of Glenshire, Sierra Meadows, or Prosser Heights? I'd love some beta (via PM) on your neighborhood (MTB trails in Glenshire?). Alternatively, if you don't want me in your hood, you can also PM me and feed me all sorts of misinformation. Double alternate: if you're really good, you can convince me that posting up at Donner Lake (or godforbid Tahoe Donner) is better.

Wife will be teaching and commuting to Kings Beach Elem.

Apologies for the threadjack, but here's some stoke to salve the hurt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-15 16.59.14-1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	481.0 KB 
ID:	204712

VA Lakes in January.

Housing is plentiful, cheap and abundant in all those areas.

I'm lying.

Budget and availability are your main factors. Location is largely going to be tertiary. Don't worry about bike trails. Everywhere has those. The ones in Tahoe donner kinda suck though.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by shredthenektar View Post
    I think I will just do Sugar Bowl again.
    I think my family and I will also be doing Sugar Bowl again ... I wish we got passes for the various photo shoots we have done for them over the years....

Attachment 204716

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anybody on here a resident of Glenshire, Sierra Meadows, or Prosser Heights? I'd love some beta (via PM) on your neighborhood (MTB trails in Glenshire?). Alternatively, if you don't want me in your hood, you can also PM me and feed me all sorts of misinformation. Double alternate: if you're really good, you can convince me that posting up at Donner Lake (or godforbid Tahoe Donner) is better.
    Tahoe Donner actually has some pretty decent trail access, many of them built in the last ten years or so, most of the good ones just beyond the boundary of what is technically TD. Although you might be surprised by some of the crazy stuff hidden in and around Sierra Meadows. I'll PM you details.

Going to need pics of wife.

(Place is slipping.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

There's a hole thread for that!
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Going to need pics of wife.
    Here she is, in all her radiant glory:

Name:  ugly-wife-1.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  18.9 KB

NOW do you want me as your neighbor or what?!

glenshire is like 10-15 minutes further from everything except reno and gets a little bit less snow. otherwise all 3 are pretty much the same

also,
    tahoe donner has bad trails?
    sierra meadows has good trails??
    ?!?!

i'm a resident of sierra meadows btw

Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    tahoe donner has bad trails?
    sierra meadows has good trails??
    ?!?!

i'm a resident of sierra meadows btw
    I said Sierra Meadows has some crazy stuff but not necessarily good trails (by SM I actually mean just outside of what is technically that neighborhood). Powerlines to Super D is a fun albeit short little shot. And of course it's easy to take the fireroad past Sawtooth and connect to Deer Creek and beyond. And yeah, TD is underrated if you account for the trails it connects to, including DLRT and the Alder trails.

Don't know about day to day in the other areas you're considering, but I really like the TD trails for fitness laps year round before work, guest wake up, etc. Easy to get to the XC center trails using greenbelt/FS trails from most TD locations, and then you have the XC trail network pretty much to yourself to go as hard or easy as you like.

If kids are/will be in the equation, nothing gets them out of Euer Valley quicker than telling them the french fry machine in the cafe is shut off at 3pm in the summer. Which brings up the trailside cafe/bar. Again, nice to have with kids/guests, but mostly I just cruise right by it.

Good luck!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I said Sierra Meadows has some crazy stuff but not necessarily good trails (by SM I actually mean just outside of what is technically that neighborhood). Powerlines to Super D is a fun albeit short little shot. And of course it's easy to take the fireroad past Sawtooth and connect to Deer Creek and beyond. And yeah, TD is underrated if you account for the trails it connects to, including DLRT and the Alder trails.
    agreed, i just wish that system was a bit "denser" -- it's not enough mileage to stay interesting all summer long

but i will say it's been fun learning the ins & outs of the 06 road over the past few years

Y'all better stay on your side of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

What is the parking like at the base of the heavenly gondola? Is it all paid, or is there free parking? Is it easier to go to Stagecoach? We are staying at Kirkwood, as we have a place to stay there. With Powderbowl closed for the season, the usual method of loading in at Gunbarell is not going to work. Trying to figure out how to best make the family day work on Saturday. Starting to wonder if it is going to feel crowded with basically three lifts running. I tell ya, Vail astounds me. Anyway, thanks to gnarbro365 for the hook up and not making this a pinch on the pocket. When I saw all VR season closures, I wished I had help steer the group to Squaw. They were running Silvo, and Far East (kind of a fun one when exploring eith the kiddo) today, and Heavenly is not going to spin either Powderbowl (access) or Olympic (awesomeness) on Saturday.

Anyway, parking, near the stateline?

Just park at Harrahs

Fuck yeah.

You guys swing, or what?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

in other news: skiing was exceptional today

exceptional today???
    fuck i totally did it wrong. tried for early n facing pow when later sunny was the call

ottime - if u have the option to drive straight to the hill from kwood, take 88 into nv and up kingsbury to stagecoach. waaaaaaay more kid friendly then parking at harrahs and walking to the gondola only to have to download at end of day. i hate downloading and my kids hate that walk. even if u have to go to town first i would still suggest stage access with kids in tow.
    didn't realize they shut down olympic till up there this am. thats the access lift that hurts being shut

alpine meadows from boundary to boundary and slightly beyond was skiing great... smooth cream on south and west faces, blower surface hoar type snow on north and east faces

do what gimpy said. remember though that lot saves you walking only if you're there early and they open at 8:30 (I think). I know the resort opens at 8:30 but i'm just assuming that means stage too.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

not sure if this had been decided yet or not, but the latest Squawpine ad on facebook says "Ski Free Now Into June & July 4 With 2017-18 Tahoe Super Pass. Prices Guaranteed Thru 5/9."
    So that certainly doesn't sound like they will be open daily or even weekends until July 4th, and it definitely doesn't sound like they'll be doing the 16/17/18 thing although I guess they could open for Labor day and say they did it. I would hope someone like Mt Hood that actually gives a crap about the sport would call them out on it though.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Yeah, I've heard Squaw is shutting down around June 6th and just re-opening for July 4th. Which makes sense. Andy Wirth was just going Trump - like usual - on the radio and there's literally been no other mention of anything like that anywhere else. I'm sure behind closed doors his marketing people were like, "WTF?"

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    ^
    Maybe Squaw will try something like Boreal did last summer. They opened to the public once a month. However, this year with more snow they haven't announced that or even started selling next year's season passes. (Correction - I just picked through their rather confusing website to see that they will offer summer shred on June 10th and July 1st. They will finally begin selling season passes on April 24th, but they haven't listed prices yet. That place doesn't seem to have their $h*t together.)
    With the amount of snow they have Squaw should be able to open periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    ^
    Maybe Squaw will try something like Boreal did last summer. They opened to the public once a month. However, this year with more snow they haven't announced that or even started selling next year's season passes. (Correction - I just picked through their rather confusing website to see that they will offer summer shred on June 10th and July 1st. They will finally begin selling season passes on April 24th, but they haven't listed prices yet. That place doesn't seem to have their $h*t together.)
    With the amount of snow they have Squaw should be able to open periodically.
    I would say they have their shit together more than Squaw. Already jacking up pass prices and talking shit about staying open until next season when everyone knows it's not gonna happen does not constitute having your shit together. And I think most people would rather have Alpine stay open a few weeks longer with good conditions than have Squaw stay open into the summer just to say they did it.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What is the parking like at the base of the heavenly gondola? Is it all paid, or is there free parking? Is it easier to go to Stagecoach? We are staying at Kirkwood, as we have a place to stay there. With Powderbowl closed for the season, the usual method of loading in at Gunbarell is not going to work. Trying to figure out how to best make the family day work on Saturday. Starting to wonder if it is going to feel crowded with basically three lifts running. I tell ya, Vail astounds me. Anyway, thanks to gnarbro365 for the hook up and not making this a pinch on the pocket. When I saw all VR season closures, I wished I had help steer the group to Squaw. They were running Silvo, and Far East (kind of a fun one when exploring eith the kiddo) today, and Heavenly is not going to spin either Powderbowl (access) or Olympic (awesomeness) on Saturday.

Anyway, parking, near the stateline?
    This is relevant to my interests. In the same boat, got a place to stay at KW (but not hot water, hah), gonna try to make it up this weekend as last weekend was a no-go due to work. Thinking of hitting the Heave for the first time ever (read: it's gonna be a shitshow full of n00bs like me).

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    ottime - if u have the option to drive straight to the hill from kwood, take 88 into nv and up kingsbury to stagecoach. waaaaaaay more kid friendly then parking at harrahs and walking to the gondola only to have to download at end of day. i hate downloading and my kids hate that walk. even if u have to go to town first i would still suggest stage access with kids in tow.
    didn't realize they shut down olympic till up there this am. thats the access lift that hurts being shut
    Good tip. Though it sounds from another post like it fills up, and I'm not exactly an early bird. Gonna have to push for it though, with these warm temps.

Speaking of warm temps, I guess I may as well take off my snow tires and put some proper rubber back on.... that'll save me MINUTES doing the KW500 up 88 Friday night.