Page 1246 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 ... LastLast
Results 31,126 to 31,150 of 41810
    If this doesn't cause you to get at least a little bit if something in your eye then you need a heart and a soul transplant.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/29/us/co...her/index.html

4 people in our office found out they have the COVID over the weekend. When our safety guy asked 3 of them over the phone this morning when they first started having symptoms they all said Thursday morning. Ha yea right, we’re fucked. Still pretty convinced I had it back in March but that was when you couldn’t get a test unless you were dying.

One of our craft guys from SW Wyoming said 5 people he knew who were alive as of last week are dead today. This thing is blowing back up and I’ll be surprised if we don’t shut the job down in a few weeks. I don’t like to say this but we really need nationwide shut down for about a month to cut the spread.

Just put the kibosh on any Christmas plans, will not play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Kevo - very sorry to hear this news, heatbreaking

East or Bust...where are you? What I can't figure out is if the driving concept is a. people are just dumb b. people really need to be around friends and family more that I do or. c. there really is a astounding level of subconscious privilege.

I'n my sphere, I'm going with C. How else do you rationalize all these pro-mask, anti-trump, "I can't believe that everyone else if fucking it up for me" psedo-woke white folks getting on airplanes and having a regular Thanksgiving.

Alternately, maybe there is a difference between stupid and dump and these friends and family members are dumber than a box of rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Save the Bales
    Fify

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh great, fatties to the front of the line. They should offer free injections at the local fast food joint along with a monster burger and a tub of soda.

Analysis | The Health 202: Obese Americans could be prioritized for coronavirus vaccine
    By Paige Winfield Cunningham

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...virus-vaccine/

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisers will meet tomorrow to discuss who should get coronavirus vaccines first.
    One population they may consider prioritizing: Americans who are obese — a major risk factor for severe covid-19 that some experts say has gone under-recognized.
    “Obesity was ignored for the longest time and overweight was completely ignored,” said Barry Popkin, an obesity researcher at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Now the CDC is talking about both, he said.
    The agency has already laid out four groups that should be considered for priority: health-care personnel, workers in essential and critical industries, older adults, and people with certain underlying medical conditions — including “severe obesity.” But it’s unclear to what extent the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices will prioritize this group."
    I think the code phrase was "people of Color" A sad side effect of political correctness.
    We don't call it what it is for fear of offending someone.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    East or Bust...where are you? What I can't figure out is if the driving concept is a. people are just dumb b. people really need to be around friends and family more that I do or. c. there really is a astounding level of subconscious privilege.

I'n my sphere, I'm going with C. How else do you rationalize all these pro-mask, anti-trump, "I can't believe that everyone else if fucking it up for me" psedo-woke white folks getting on airplanes and having a regular Thanksgiving.

Alternately, maybe there is a difference between stupid and dump and these friends and family members are dumber than a box of rocks.
    The answer is D: All if the above.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Humans have an amazing ability to ignore obvious danger. It works for us - who could drive a car around if we focused on the obvious danger at hand? You can only be scared for so long before its a debilitating effect so we instinctively turn to ignoring the obvious and getting on with the task.

But here its working against us.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

b. people really need to be around friends and family more that I do.
    My wife and I were marveling at how relaxing the Thanksgiving break can be when you just stay at home with the core family. No travel, no one else's agenda or drama, etc.

Looking forward to a nice quiet Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I think the code phrase was "people of Color" A sad side effect of political correctness.
    We don't call it what it is for fear of offending someone.
    So you don’t think white people get fat ?

A) Go fuck yourself.
    B) Go to Wisconsin.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

^I agree. But I'm not talking about personal health. I'm talking about public health. Not that I agree, but I understand the "I'm not gonna live it fear, if I get it I get it" idea. I respond with the "so long as I have friends that are nursed that go to work under these conditions and talk about bodies piled up in the hallways, I'm just gonna lay low and not travel".

I shouldn't be surprised, but it just speaks to how unbelievably selfish most people are. Of course they can self justify everything. This is why Trump almost got reelected. To many of these people have a superiority concept without any spine or backbone. It's cool though, there status will get them to the front of the line. It is like society has turned into a Red Carpet Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    We have some patients who show up with an "exemption" they printed out from facebook that says "I can do what I want, no masks." Sorry... not in hospital.
    I assume these are the same people who have been "liking" "Healthcare is a privilege,not a right" posts for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    My wife and I were marveling at how relaxing the Thanksgiving break can be when you just stay at home with the core family. No travel, no one else's agenda or drama, etc.

Ha...this is my life before COVID. I don't travel Thanksgiving or Xmas. I went to the desert, rode bikes and hung out with my wife and my dog. It was nice and quiet. An upside for sure.

^I agree. But I'm not talking about personal health. I'm talking about public health. Not that I agree, but I understand the "I'm not gonna live it fear, if I get it I get it" idea. I respond with the "so long as I have friends that are nursed that go to work under these conditions and talk about bodies piled up in the hallways, I'm just gonna lay low and not travel".

I shouldn't be surprised, but it just speaks to how unbelievably selfish most people are. Of course they can self justify everything. This is why Trump almost got reelected. To many of these people have a superiority concept without any spine or backbone. It's cool though, there status will get them to the front of the line. It is like society has turned into a Red Carpet Club.
    Well, the whole "Personal Responsibility" thing has really meant "I'll do what I want, fuck the rest of you" for at least a few decades now. It's not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Humans have an amazing ability to ignore obvious danger. It works for us - who could drive a car around if we focused on the obvious danger at hand? You can only be scared for so long before its a debilitating effect so we instinctively turn to ignoring the obvious and getting on with the task.

But here its working against us.

I'm not sure the car analogy makes sense. In today's world, it's a necessity, with no prospect of being much safer anytime in the near future. A turkey dinner with family and friends is something than can be postponed - especially with vaccine approvals already being submitted.

It's not all about being scared. It's about realizing that your actions affect people other than yourself - from hospital workers, to the elderly, to the person getting treated for cancer, to the mom and pop shops. I think this is what most people struggle with. They think, "I can't be scared. I'm healthy. I'll most likely be fine." But they don't consider the wider implications of what happens if they get covid and spread it.

^^^totally Funken. I think about your Dad and also my friend Joe. Joe was the most bad ass 77 year old tile contractor you ever met. Retired, with quite a bit of money, decided to go back to work because he liked it. He use to run up and down the stairs and say, "You know why I run up and down the stairs...because I can". Took the COVID seriously and use to say, "I'm fuckin' old, I can't get this shit!"

In the early day, last April-ish he and I were sharing a jobsite, keeping it compliant, alternating schedules etc. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I hear had gone to the hospital for some old person shit, got Corona and died. I ask friends, family "have you had anyone you know die?" Even that isn't enough.

Or they actually do consider it and don't give a flying fuck.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Yup.

Although it *would* be really nice to have my MIL and my mom to be able to visit for Xmas. 'Cause they are pretty drama-free old ladies.

But I'd rather they survive the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Oddly, I have a ton more respect for that than whatever you want to call the alternative reality and lack of critique of your own actions for the purposes of simultaneously being judgy as fuck while one hundred percent being part of the problem. Puffy coat collection and $50K+ SUV required.

This is the most disheartening part of all this. It's fairly evident that there are a LARGE number of people that honestly don't GAF.

Perhaps that what I should have said instead, but I do think there's a large percentage that skip thinking about it all together.

Whole lotta traffic on i15 yesterday in remote parts of Utah. I'm sure lots were camping in the desert like us, but I'd wager about 75% of cars were coming back from visiting relatives. Or partying in Vegas.

It was totally awesome. Cooked pretty much all day, but didn't feel burn out by the end of it because most of the day was spent in pajamas and there wasn't all the socializing and other crap on top.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    It's not all about being scared. It's about realizing that your actions affect people other than yourself - from hospital workers, to the elderly, to the person getting treated for cancer, to the mom and pop shops. I think this is what most people struggle with. They think, "I can't be scared. I'm healthy. I'll most likely be fine." But they don't consider the wider implications of what happens if they get covid and spread it.
    AC's cousin's family all got it early last week. She and her husband are mid-30s and healthy but they've been really sick. Apparently she posted to Instaface yesterday that now she understands why it's really important to wear a mask, quarantine yourself, etc. Oh, now you understand? FFS!

Oddly, I have a ton more respect for that than whatever you want to call the alternative reality and lack of critique of your own actions for the purposes of simultaneously being judgy as fuck while one hundred percent being part of the problem. Puffy coat collection and $50K+ SUV required.
    I think you could lump a lot of ski town employees into this group - fucking government closing/restricting our businesses and ski areas; how are we supposed to survive? Oh yea, lemme go on vacation to Mexico and have Thanksgiving with 30 friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

AC's cousin's family all got it early last week. She and her husband are mid-30s and healthy but they've been really sick. Apparently she posted to Instaface yesterday that now she understands why it's really important to wear a mask, quarantine yourself, etc. Oh, now you understand? FFS!
    Well my dad passed on 11/13 and my aunts, uncles, and cousins still got together for a Thanksgiving dinner. One of my aunts is a 60+ ER nurse.

Hope AC's family gets through it.